Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

The part on Taris is one of my favorite moments too. The moment I liked best was when he stopped Jedi Mashalon on Balmorra. :D

This one?

Sorry to burst your bubble, Jedi. Wait...that's a lie. I'm reveling in it.

<3

Edited by Xenipher

The approach I liked was the letting him know she was interested with all his evasion until she got exasperated to just yell at him that if he wasn't interested to just say so. It really made the moment on Taris when she's trying to override the lock for the bomb shelter and said 'well, any last words, say'em now' and he says 'you know how I feel about you m'lord'.

Only way that moment would've been more perfect would've been if she did a spit take with her Rascal's toothpick during the cutscene.

I love the little hints about his true feelings even though he's trying to resist. There's one on Tatooine with Master Yonlach where he tells the SW that he senses Quinn's devotion to the SW go deeper than simple duty.

I love the little hints about his true feelings even though he's trying to resist. There's one on Tatooine with Master Yonlach where he tells the SW that he senses Quinn's devotion to the SW go deeper than simple duty.

I have that conversation screen-shotted and frapsed. Yonlach's revelation is why I've always thought Quinn was mind manipulated by Baras into betraying her (the Warrior). Does anyone know what Yonlach says about Quinn if he's not romanced?

-

On another note we are approaching the second anniversary of this thread - 2 years of forum ♥♥Quinnmancing♥♥ will be celebrated on 27th Jan :) Thanks to her Greatness Lunafox :D

Edited by Sarova

I have that conversation screen-shotted and frapsed. Yonlach's revelation is why I've always thought Quinn was mind manipulated by Baras into betraying her (the Warrior). Does anyone know what Yonlach says about Quinn if he's not romanced?

-

On another note we are approaching the second anniversary of this thread - 2 years of forum ♥♥Quinnmancing♥♥ will be celebrated on 27th Jan :) Thanks to her Greatness Lunafox :D

I blame Baras for the Quinncident. He preyed upon Quinn's sense of duty and loyalty not only to him but to the Empire. I wasn't even very angry with Quinn but I was fuming at Baras. I felt empathy for Quinn - he was an imperial soldier trapped between two waring Sith; he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. I head canon that he sided with Baras because of this from my SW: Our feelings will make us so strong that nothing can threaten us. Quinn was hoping like hell that she meant it.

In season 2, there's a character called Lana, and another character constently calls her Lana Banana, that's where we caught it with my sister :D

Lol, sounds fun ^^

Haha, I'll have to watch for that when I get to it :D

New to the thread, but I also love Quinn, and was SO happy to get him back. The reunion did not play out exactly how I would of imagined it lol, but it was very sweet nevertheless. I really hope going forward we get more interactions with him.

Oh and here is a link to some terrible Quinn pictures that I've drawn. Please have mercy lol.

https://imgur.com/a/R50UfML

Welcome! Always great to meet another Quinn fan. I love your arts. Keep 'em coming! Like Damask_Rose said, we can never have too much awesome QuinnArt. :D

This one?

Sorry to burst your bubble, Jedi. Wait...that's a lie. I'm reveling in it.

<3

Yes!!! That's the one! I love that so much. It's a perfect thing and I could live on it forever lol.

I have that conversation screen-shotted and frapsed.

Two years wow. :o Gonna have to declare January 26th as 'Malavai Quinn Day' and have a Quinnstravaganza of Quinn Awesomeness. :D

And thank you for the kind words Sarova. I started the thread, but it wouldn't be what it is, without all of you, so thank you for posting and keeping the love alive. :o

I am finally feeling better and logged in my lowbie warrior and took him to Balmorra to meet Quinn.

Oh how I have missed Quinn and my fellow Quinnmancers. ❤

Hey! So glad to hear you're feeling better and that you're back. Quinnmancing isn't the same without you. You've been missed. :o

There's enough valid reasons for Quinn's actions that I do have trouble wrapping my mind around some of the hate directed at him. Not only is he caught between two warring Sith, it's a member of the ruling Dark Council and the Emperor's Wrath, both are among the most powerful Sith in the Empire. He'd probably consider himself lucky if there's anything left to bury when it's all said and done. I also wouldn't put it past Baras etiher Force manipulating through ramping up any deep down anxieties in Quinn's head or just playing off whatever long game he's had going on with steadily reminding Quinn where he'd be without Baras' influence and how much worse it would be without Baras, kinda like an abusive spouse dynamic.

Toss in the perspective a lot of Imperial officers have of 'we live to serve the Sith' and it's a wonder Malavai wasn't going around the ship chugging the Star Wars equivalent of Maalox with a straw from all the stress.

There's enough valid reasons for Quinn's actions that I do have trouble wrapping my mind around some of the hate directed at him. Not only is he caught between two warring Sith, it's a member of the ruling Dark Council and the Emperor's Wrath, both are among the most powerful Sith in the Empire. He'd probably consider himself lucky if there's anything left to bury when it's all said and done. I also wouldn't put it past Baras etiher Force manipulating through ramping up any deep down anxieties in Quinn's head or just playing off whatever long game he's had going on with steadily reminding Quinn where he'd be without Baras' influence and how much worse it would be without Baras, kinda like an abusive spouse dynamic.

Toss in the perspective a lot of Imperial officers have of 'we live to serve the Sith' and it's a wonder Malavai wasn't going around the ship chugging the Star Wars equivalent of Maalox with a straw from all the stress.

That's pretty much my position exactly. I had no trouble forgiving Malavai and just moving on to take down Baras. I was hoping for a dialogue option to rub it in Baras' face that yep, we're still in love, you piece of filth.

Those that wanted to kill Malavai during the class story because of betrayal and hurt is justifiable I suppose, but killing him six years later just seems so petty and childish. I think it was a silly to give the option six years later.

Those that wanted to kill Malavai during the class story because of betrayal and hurt is justifiable I suppose, but killing him six years later just seems so petty and childish. I think it was a silly to give the option six years later.

I understand why they removed the killing companions earlier because people were upset at losing their healer and God forbid anyone bother with gearing up shipbot to fill the role, but considering how long in both real and game time it's been since the betrayal, you'd think even the most unhinged Sith would've moved on to some different hate by this point. Not to mention, it came across kinda weird with how gleeful some were about finally killing him off.

Haha, I'll have to watch for that when I get to it :DTwo years wow. :o Gonna have to declare January 26th as 'Malavai Quinn Day' and have a Quinnstravaganza of Quinn Awesomeness. :D

Every part of this needs to happen :D

I am finally feeling better and logged in my lowbie warrior and took him to Balmorra to meet Quinn.

Oh how I have missed Quinn and my fellow Quinnmancers. ❤

It's lovely to see you back ♥ :)

I understand why they removed the killing companions earlier because people were upset at losing their healer and God forbid anyone bother with gearing up shipbot to fill the role, but considering how long in both real and game time it's been since the betrayal, you'd think even the most unhinged Sith would've moved on to some different hate by this point. Not to mention, it came across kinda weird with how gleeful some were about finally killing him off.

Yes the gleefulness some took in killing him after so much time had passed was...odd. As long as it doesn't have a detrimental effect on my game then whatever. My only concern is once an LI is killable they don't get new content, like poor Koth. Though I'm not sure if that's because he's killable or because so many fans hated him so much. Poor guy got dragged and still does.

My sister told me Theron got romance content during Jedi Under Siege and he's killable which gives me hope for Malavai in upcoming story.

Edited by Xenipher

Yes the gleefulness some took in killing him after so much time had passed was...odd. As long as it doesn't have a detrimental effect on my game then whatever. My only concern is once an LI is killable they don't get new content, like poor Koth. Though I'm not sure if that's because he's killable or because so many fans hated him so much. Poor guy got dragged and still does.

My sister told me Theron got romance content during Jedi Under Siege and he's killable which gives me hope for Malavai in upcoming story.

I have the same concerns with content for the killables. While I hope they won't get brushed off under the presumption everyone took the kill option, I'm not expecting much. I heard about the Theron content but from also what I heard, compared to the content the Lana romancers got, it was barely a tossed aside moment.

Romanced Theron got exactly 3 lines and a hug...

Lana got 2 romance scenes with 2 kisses... And i got a freaking romantic walk in the woods with a non romanced Lana, and a lame excuse as to why Theron could'n't come with my pub siding JK on Ossus, that's frustrating.

I'm not really calling what Theron got decent content. That's still slightly better than most LIs, but still way bellow what Lana got, so i don't have high hopes about Theron honnestly, or any other killable LI for that matter, which really sucks as nearly all the male LIs can be killed (and all of my girls's LIs except Vector are killable).

That is the full content i got with Theron (i don't even know if a non romanced Theron even speaks in this scene) :

Theron Shan : Wish I could go along. Gnost-Dural is an old friend of mine, it'd be good to see him again.

My JK : Come with me, Theron. I don't want to be apart from you again.

Theron Shan: I wish I could--but I've got three different contacts dying to share some juicy intel--I can't leave them hanging.

*hugs*

Theron Shan : You don't need me to handle this. We'll be back together before you know it.

Though i really hope they'll give something to every LIs and not just Lana, at the very, very least some mails would already be better than nothing

But, back to Quinn, his kill option was really stupid. Either you consider he actually betrayed you and should kill him on the spot, but killing him a decade later, is completely ridiculous...

I really don't think Baras used the Force to have him attack you, but it seems pretty obvious he manipulated him into doing it, and even then, someone supposed to be as intelligent and good strategist as Quinn would probably not have been as easy to deal with as Quinn and his droids were.

Edited by Goreshaga

I have the same concerns with content for the killables. While I hope they won't get brushed off under the presumption everyone took the kill option, I'm not expecting much. I heard about the Theron content but from also what I heard, compared to the content the Lana romancers got, it was barely a tossed aside moment.

I just youtubed both. Theron gets a short chat and a hug. Lana got a romantic walk and a kiss. Then another kiss later.

Quinnmancers and others I'm sure got absolutely nothing. At least Theronmacers got a hug. My salt content is high with regards to Lana though. It's Liara T'soni all over again.

Liara: Shepard, let's have a heart-to-heart about your bad dreams and concerns.

Spepard: Actually I'd rather talk to Garrus about my feelings. He just down in the --

Liara: Notice me Shepard-senpai.

Romanced Theron got exactly 3 lines and a hug...

Lana got 2 romance scenes with 2 kisses... And i got a freaking romantic walk in the woods with a non romanced Lana, and a lame excuse as to why Theron could'n't come with my pub siding JK on Ossus, that's frustrating.

I'm not really calling what Theron got decent content. That's still slightly better than most LIs, but still way bellow what Lana got, so i don't have high hopes about Theron honnestly, or any other killable LI for that matter, which really sucks as nearly all the male LIs can be killed (and all of my girls's LIs except Vector are killable).

That is the full content i got with Theron (i don't even know if a non romanced Theron even speaks in this scene) :

Theron Shan : Wish I could go along. Gnost-Dural is an old friend of mine, it'd be good to see him again.

My JK : Come with me, Theron. I don't want to be apart from you again.

Theron Shan: I wish I could--but I've got three different contacts dying to share some juicy intel--I can't leave them hanging.

*hugs*

Theron Shan : You don't need me to handle this. We'll be back together before you know it.

Though i really hope they'll give something to every LIs and not just Lana, at the very, very least some mails would already be better than nothing

But, back to Quinn, his kill option was really stupid. Either you consider he actually betrayed you and should kill him on the spot, but killing him a decade later, is completely ridiculous...

I really don't think Baras used the Force to have him attack you, but it seems pretty obvious he manipulated him into doing it, and even then, someone supposed to be as intelligent and good strategist as Quinn would probably not have been as easy to deal with as Quinn and his droids were.

I agree Theron got shafted but at least he got a chat and a hug. I'm not asking for too much I don't think. I understand that resources are finite and the most popular LI's will get the lion's share of content, which are probably Lana and Theron...maybe Arcann though he didn't get anything either. But would it have really been too hard to at least give the rest of us an email or two. Forget Lana's romantic strolls and kisses, I'd settle for two lines and a hug in the next installment.

I agree Theron got shafted but at least he got a chat and a hug. I'm not asking for too much I don't think. I understand that resources are finite and the most popular LI's will get the lion's share of content, which are probably Lana and Theron...maybe Arcann though he didn't get anything either. But would it have really been too hard to at least give the rest of us an email or two. Forget Lana's romantic strolls and kisses, I'd settle for two lines and a hug in the next installment.

I agree as well. It's pretty ridiculous, that Theron who is best friends with Jonas wasn't the one to provide the contact and be in contact with him, it was Lana. Also Gnost-Dural is a friend of Theron's but he couldn't come along for that either. At one time I didn't mind Lana, like during SoR, but now that it's Lana getting everything all the time in terms of romantic companion exchanges, I've come to resent, even hate her. We should get a choice of companion. And I do hope Quinn gets some good content in the future.

I agree as well. It's pretty ridiculous, that Theron who is best friends with Jonas wasn't the one to provide the contact and be in contact with him, it was Lana. Also Gnost-Dural is a friend of Theron's but he couldn't come along for that either. At one time I didn't mind Lana, like during SoR, but now that it's Lana getting everything all the time in terms of romantic companion exchanges, I've come to resent, even hate her. We should get a choice of companion. And I do hope Quinn gets some good content in the future.

Wait, wait...you've got to be kidding me?! Lana was the one to provide the Republic contact who is Theron's best friend? That makes literally zero sense whatsoever. Couple that with his paltry LI content... if I were a Theronmancer I'd be fuming and wanting to airlock Lana. :mad:

I find that worse than Malavai getting nothing at all to be honest. It's like they gave Theron's content to their favourite waifu.

Wait, wait...you've got to be kidding me?! Lana was the one to provide the Republic contact who is Theron's best friend? That makes literally zero sense whatsoever. Couple that with his paltry LI content... if I were a Theronmancer I'd be fuming and wanting to airlock Lana. :mad:

I find that worse than Malavai getting nothing at all to be honest. It's like they gave Theron's content to their favourite waifu.

My main is a pub siding JK who is romancing Theron, so i'm really salty that Lana was the one to contact Jonas tbh. Theron is friend with Jonas, yet it's Lana who contacted him and Theron was not allowed to come with my JK on Nar Shaddaa to meet him, Theron is friend with Gnost-Dural, yet Theron was not allowed to come to Ossus (at least, imp side, Theron not coming with the PC makes sense somewhat, but pub side, it's ridiculous). :mad:

But all is bright i was able to have a long chat with Lana in a very romantic setting on my character romancing Theron :rolleyes:

I don't hate Lana yet, but i started out liking her, and now i'm starting to ressent the fact that she's simingly the only companion who's supposed to matter for everyone...

I played it with an old IA who got Vector back, but i was kinda less pissed to get nothing from Vector than to have near to nothing with Theron, because the whole thing didn't make any sense with Theron, especially on a pub character playing the loyalist path :(

On a side not, that really sucks that none of the LI got at the very least a mail, that would probably not be that ressource consuming and would at least give a little something to everyone.

Can't tell about my SW romancing Quinn though as she's still on Rishi iirc.

Edited by Goreshaga

I wish I were, but she is the one that was in contact with the SIS. Can you believe it? Theron was part of the SIS, he and Jonas besties but she's the one to reach out. It's laughable. It doesn't make any sense, you're right. That's part of what makes it all so maddening.

And yeah, I wouldn't be shocked that they've given Theron's bits to Lana. I don't know what idiot thought killing Theron would be a plan. But like others have said and suspected, it looks like they're trying to make it the Lana show in terms of companions and if they do that, me and my money are gone. They're treading on shakey ground as it is these days with me.

Edited by Lunafox

I wish I were, but she is the one that was in contact with the SIS. Can you believe it? Theron was part of the SIS, he and Jonas besties but she's the one to reach out. It's laughable. It doesn't make any sense, you're right. That's part of what makes it all so maddening.

And yeah, I wouldn't be shocked that they've given Theron's bits to Lana. I don't know what idiot thought killing Theron would be a plan. But like others have said and suspected, it looks like they're trying to make it the Lana show in terms of companions and if they do that, me and my money are gone. They're treading on shaking ground as it is these days with me.

I don't understand why there's an option to kill him. If a player no longer wants anything to do with him then just boot him from the Alliance. I started out liking Lana but it began to slide downhill on Rishi when she set Theron up to be captured and tortured. I'm pretty Sithy in game but that really, really, really bothered me. I needed a [force choke Lana] option. I'm sure if she'd have asked Theron to infiltrate the facility and steal information he'd have done it without problems.

My main is a pub siding JK who is romancing Theron, so i'm really salty that Lana was the one to contact Jonas tbh. Theron is friend with Jonas, yet it's Lana who contacted him and Theron was not allowed to come with my JK on Nar Shaddaa to meet him, Theron is friend with Gnost-Dural, yet Theron was not allowed to come to Ossus (at least, imp side, Theron not coming with the PC makes sense somewhat, but pub side, it's ridiculous). :mad:

But all is bright i was able to have a long chat with Lana in a very romantic setting on my character romancing Theron :rolleyes:

I don't hate Lana yet, but i started out liking her, and now i'm starting to ressent the fact that she's simingly the only companion who's supposed to matter for everyone...

I played it with an old IA who got Vector back, but i was kinda less pissed to get nothing from Vector than to have near to nothing with Theron, because the whole thing didn't make any sense with Theron, especially on a pub character playing the loyalist path :(

On a side not, that really sucks that none of the LI got at the very least a mail, that would probably not be that ressource consuming and would at least give a little something to everyone.

Can't tell about my SW romancing Quinn though as she's still on Rishi iirc.

I'm suddenly OK with Malavai not getting any content in JUS because I can at least head canon a conversation for now and hope for something later. But I'm now 100% sure they gave what should have been Theron's content to Lana. Considering Theron's friendship with Jonas. there's no reasonable explanation Lana would be the one to set up contact.

Malavai is the liaison between the Empire and the Alliance and if Acina appears in the future story, I'm going to tear a phonebook in half if it's Lana who facilitates contact. What they should have done is have Theron be the go-to for Republic players and Lana the go-to for Empire players like they've done before.

Edited by Xenipher

I'm suddenly OK with Malavai not getting any content in JUS because I can at least head canon a conversation for now and hope for something later. But I'm now 100% sure they gave what should have been Theron's content to Lana. Considering Theron's friendship with Jonas. there's no reasonable explanation Lana would be the one to set up contact.

Malavai is the liaison between the Empire and the Alliance and if Acina appears in the future story, I'm going to tear a phonebook in half if it's Lana who facilitates contact. What they should have done is have Theron be the go-to for Republic players and Lana the go-to for Empire players like they've done before.

Yeah it seems they decided to give Theron's role to Lana, because he may be dead or kicked out of the Alliance, even though his kill option was stupid.

I really hope that if Quinn makes sense sometimes he'll be the one used and not Lana by default (i'll probably not see him as my PCs sided with the Repiblic and Acina's dead, and so i don't have him except on my SW)

And i hope the same for every other LI

Edited by Goreshaga