Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

I think she actually says he's looking for a way to end his suffering .. which is not necessarily dying. I think Scourge would totally try to regain a way for him to feel again rather than dying.

Well, that's how I took it in my stories, but with these writers you never know...suffice it to say, I don't trust them and what they might do with our beloved companions.

And like CloudCastle I'm worried that they will gate him behind a faction choice, which would suck...because my Dark Side Jedi (and main outlander) sided with the Empire. It would make sense for them to be on the same side, but again, with the writers here, who knows. :rolleyes:

Edited by Lunafox

Well, that's how I took it in my stories, but with these writers you never know...suffice it to say, I don't trust them and what they might do with our beloved companions.

And like CloudCastle I'm worried that they will gate him behind a faction choice, which would suck...because my Dark Side Jedi (and main outlander) sided with the Empire. It would make sense for them to be on the same side, but again, with the writers here, who knows. :rolleyes:

Am trying to think of who else they would put behind a faction gate I know they said that Felix would not like it if you sided with the empire so I would put him on that list

This would be on my small list of who I think would more likely to be faction gated:

Pub: Felix, Corso

Imp: Temple, darkside Jaesa,

Am trying to think of who else they would put behind a faction gate I know they said that Felix would not like it if you sided with the empire so I would put him on that list

This would be on my small list of who I think would more likely to be faction gated:

Pub: Felix, Corso

Imp: Temple, darkside Jaesa,

Andronikos doesn't seem to like the Republic much either. I'm not sure Doc would care as long as your character isn't an evil-murdery type. I don't know that Akaavi or Risha would care much either. They already mentioned Felix and I think you're right about Corso. Oh, and I don't see Zenith siding with an Empire allied character.

I can pick several companions republic side who I could see be faction gated but from what is left for imperial counterparts I just don't see to many that would match/mirror well so I don't see them doing to many more of these to be honest.

And as far as Zennith goes, he actually had an achievement for an alliance alert there for a few chapters for a while, those achievements were removed again, so unless they decided to change that I don't think he will be gated.

Edited by Nightfrogger

I just re-ran Chpater 2 KOTFE the first time since doing Iokath. The customisation for Malavai in this chapter doesn't work any longer. It was fine before Iokath, but now it was the default look in the default uniform.

So they either abandoned support for customisations, or the "new" Malavai IS a different NPC they used to replace the old companion.

If the former, that's it for me if it comes to the story. My warrior will never be in the company of her husband again, just some Quinn dude she met in Iokath.

If the latter, the customisation was removed from the companion (hence the default look now), and moved to the new NPC guy (so hopefully it will be applied in the future cutscenes).

I really hope it's the latter, but expect it to be the former. :(

I just re-ran Chpater 2 KOTFE the first time since doing Iokath. The customisation for Malavai in this chapter doesn't work any longer. It was fine before Iokath, but now it was the default look in the default uniform.

So they either abandoned support for customisations, or the "new" Malavai IS a different NPC they used to replace the old companion.

If the former, that's it for me if it comes to the story. My warrior will never be in the company of her husband again, just some Quinn dude she met in Iokath.

If the latter, the customisation was removed from the companion (hence the default look now), and moved to the new NPC guy (so hopefully it will be applied in the future cutscenes).

That's all very strange, since I am certain that Vette, Jorgan, T7, HK-51 for example all have whatever customizations I placed on them before I was frozen in carbonite.

If this is the case, why can't they just make an announcement about it? It may seem like something small and insignificant to them but for players who sub and make videos, write fan fic, create art based on their customised version of a companion. Have the developers not considered that every player who does this is basically giving them free advertising by showing how much they enjoy playing certain aspects of the game in a customisable way? Removing customisation is a huge issue and I think BW have completely dismissed or overlooked what impact this will have. I do not understand why they would risk so many people cancelling their subscription and leaving the game.

I'm going to start a thread to ask directly about this in general. Not holding my breath for a response.

More evidence that they broke something when bringing back Malavai. This customization issue is a major problem in my eyes and BW is going to be facing player discontent if it continues. What's the point of offering companion customizations if they stop working at some point? As far as we know, the others all still work in Fallen Empire still, right? (Wait, didn't someone say that Scorpio's stop working as well?) The cut scenes in this game are a major draw, and so is the ability to customize your character (and everything associated with them, including companions.) If all outfits stopped working in cut scenes, you bet your buns players would be up in arms about that. Seeing the character you created and customized (companions included!) is a huge part of the fun of this game for me. BW better fix this. :mad:

I never customized Quinn or Vector or even Dorne, but I did customize Iresso and Corso and will be greatly disappointed if they do not show up in the cut scenes correctly. My character has actually broken from time to time in cutscenes showing up in the default outfit or even all of a sudden having a helmet on, so it can affect our toons also.

I am also on the fence right now about continuing to sub. I think it depends on whether or not there are more scenes with Quinn, if not, then that does not give me much hope for the other returning companions and there are still a couple of them I am looking forward to the reunion quite a bit, namely, Vector and Andronikos.

If they intend on making the game, one romance fits all, i.e. Theron, Lana, Koth, then I just wish they would come clean about their intent and let the chips fall where they may. Needless to say, I was quite disappointed with how the whole Quinn reunion turned out and Dorne was actually worse.

and Dorne was actually worse.

So there really was no option to kill Dorne? It's just Quinn, then.

Quinn: I'm tempted to quote that old saying: "It's not paranoia if everyone truly is out to get you."

In the world of the Sith (and now SWTOR as a whole, apparently), that's actually a very healthy mindset.

Edited by Jagaimee

Started a thread about the lack of customisation. Before I did I ran the first part of Iokath on one of my Troopers and saw that Dorne's customisation is missing too so it's not a Malavai Quinn victimisation. Since it's both of them, it's looking deliberate. I can't believe they would make a mistake that big.....oh wait. I feel sad that so many Quinnmancers will leave the game. I'm not running any of my remaining warriors through Iokath due to the unfulfilling Quinn return story AND none of them will have their Quinn's back (they are all customised). I am so glad my main character is a Sith Inq who romanced Theron; they're not likely to mess him up (dammit. Famous last words there).

That's all very strange, since I am certain that Vette, Jorgan, T7, HK-51 for example all have whatever customizations I placed on them before I was frozen in carbonite.

I didn't re-run anything after Iokath, but before 5.0 they all had working customs for me too. Not sure about now, though. However, this seems to apply to Malavai and Elara. In the new content his customisation did not work. Now it also doesn't work in chapter 2, but it used to.

It doesn't even work in decos, which show the default look in the lieutenant uniform, the one he wore on Balmorra.

So there really was no option to kill Dorne? It's just Quinn, then.

Quinn: I'm tempted to quote that old saying: "It's not paranoia if everyone truly is out to get you."

In the world of the Sith (and now SWTOR as a whole, apparently), that's actually a very healthy mindset.

They only added the option to kill Malavai because a lot of people wanted it after the betrayal. Sure, killing him now is petty in the extreme (and really a lot of sith ARE petty to the extreme) but the game wouldn't let players kill him at the time. And apparently some of the devs hate him? From what I've heard at any rate. Maybe we'll get a chance to kill Elara later. Not that I would because I actually like her.

Started a thread about the lack of customisation. Before I did I ran the first part of Iokath on one of my Troopers and saw that Dorne's customisation is missing too so it's not a Malavai Quinn victimisation. Since it's both of them, it's looking deliberate. I can't believe they would make a mistake that big.....oh wait. I feel sad that so many Quinnmancers will leave the game. I'm not running any of my remaining warriors through Iokath due to the unfulfilling Quinn return story AND none of them will have their Quinn's back (they are all customised). I am so glad my main character is a Sith Inq who romanced Theron; they're not likely to mess him up (dammit. Famous last words there).

Where is this thread? Can you provide a link?

And apparently some of the devs hate him?

Yes, I'm sure someone on a Livestream was very clear about their hate for Quinn. If I get round to it, I'll try and find the clip. It seems petty that the devs would ruin Quinn for the players (subscribers) who like him because of their own feelings.

Yes, I'm sure someone on a Livestream was very clear about their hate for Quinn. If I get round to it, I'll try and find the clip. It seems petty that the devs would ruin Quinn for the players (subscribers) who like him because of their own feelings.

Ben Irving and his infamous "Malavee Quinn".

I remember him saying that his warrior really did not like him, maybe he role plays his toons? I don't recall him specifically stating that he hated him but I guess I am being picky again.

I remember him saying that his warrior really did not like him, maybe he role plays his toons? I don't recall him specifically stating that he hated him but I guess I am being picky again.

IIRC he said he didn't like him. Not "hate", but he didn't "like Malavee Quinn" him in the light of convo that Malavai was one of returning companions.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/117550970

Start watching in about 12 mins. "I dislike Malavee Quinn".