Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

Quinn: Impersonating my voice? That, my lord Nightfrogger, is a crime. Quite literally. Impersonating an Imperial officer is punishable by law.

HK-51: Theory: We shall test that.

Quinn: *glare* By all means. I'd love to see you try. *needless to mention the sarcasm here...*

HK-51: Declaration: Stuffiness protocol engaged.

Quinn: What.

HK-51: Declaration: I am Malavai Quinn. Human, male, age indeterminate except speculated on by fangirls. Note: I have somehow managed to escape the ravages of age so common to meatba--*ahem* organics. Addendum: I am the very model of a modern major Imperial. Confused addition: For some reason, my "charm" and stuffiness have attracted a large gathering of fangirls. Note to self: Must investigate. Clarification: I have been accused of being spineless; this is entirely untrue. It merely goes missing at convenient moments--

*EMP grenade goes off*

Quinn: *facepalm* ...that...was disturbing.

Nice I love it lol :D great thing to read post nap :D

Quinn: Impersonating my voice? That, my lord Nightfrogger, is a crime. Quite literally. Impersonating an Imperial officer is punishable by law.

HK-51: Theory: We shall test that.

Quinn: *glare* By all means. I'd love to see you try. *needless to mention the sarcasm here...*

HK-51: Declaration: Stuffiness protocol engaged.

Quinn: What.

HK-51: Declaration: I am Malavai Quinn. Human, male, age indeterminate except speculated on by fangirls. Note: I have somehow managed to escape the ravages of age so common to meatba--*ahem* organics. Addendum: I am the very model of a modern major Imperial. Confused addition: For some reason, my "charm" and stuffiness have attracted a large gathering of fangirls. Note to self: Must investigate. Clarification: I have been accused of being spineless; this is entirely untrue. It merely goes missing at convenient moments--

*EMP grenade goes off*

Quinn: *facepalm* ...that...was disturbing.

Nice reference to the Pirates of Penzance. Awesome :D Made me giggle.

Nice reference to the Pirates of Penzance. Awesome :D Made me giggle.

It sort of goes with the slippers, pipe and fireplace thing a few Quinnmancers had going a hundred or so posts ago :D

Just ran my female trooper through. I was kind of mad at how snotty Elara was toward me after all these years of being gone and frozen in carbonite. Quinn came across as much more of an Imperial gentleman in the opening conversation. Therefore, my trooper sided with the empire. I don't recall her being so *****y toward my other characters like she was to my trooper.

Just ran my female trooper through. I was kind of mad at how snotty Elara was toward me after all these years of being gone and frozen in carbonite. Quinn came across as much more of an Imperial gentleman in the opening conversation. Therefore, my trooper sided with the empire. I don't recall her being so *****y toward my other characters like she was to my trooper.

Maybe when you were given the choice to assign her or jorgan as your XO. Maybe you picked Jorgan and she's still mad :)

Probably not but would be nice if a decision you made so long back actually had an impact that far ahead. Choices matter and all that stuff.

Maybe when you were given the choice to assign her or jorgan as your XO. Maybe you picked Jorgan and she's still mad :)

Probably not but would be nice if a decision you made so long back actually had an impact that far ahead. Choices matter and all that stuff.

I did pick Jorgan as XO. That would be funny if she was still that bitter.

I picked her as my XO. She was my trooper's best friend, my trooper is full light, didn't kill Jorgan or anyone else, Koth is still with her...

Dorne was shockingly aggressive and hostile in that initial conversation.

It looks like it's a default reaction, having nothing to do with troopers' past actions.

Since we have been talking about playing male characters, and body type 3 in particular, here is my marauder.

He looks just like all my husband's characters, basically every time I play swtor with him, I'm playing with some version of that guy :)

Mine looks completely deranged in comparison. I dunno, maybe he is. I just know I really like this class no matter what kind of warrior I'm playing.

Edited by grania

It seemed completely out of character for her when I did this on my trooper. I was really tempted to side with the Empire but I need Elara for crafting and I wanted to see what happens with Quinn at the end.

After hearing about Zabrak's social ability, I thought of taking mine Through Iokath to get him on her, and make Quinn laugh. So far I reached the room where they meet, tested it on him, and it sounds to me like total generic reactions, definitely not in Quinn's voice.

Is it because he's an NPC at this stage who doesn't have his own voice yet? Or it is this generic? If it's generic, it's not worth taking this undergeared toon of a class I can't stand playing through the whole thing.

It seemed completely out of character for her when I did this on my trooper. I was really tempted to side with the Empire but I need Elara for crafting and I wanted to see what happens with Quinn at the end.

What about romanced male troopers? Does she greet them with THAT level of hostility, too? Because if so... yeesh. Think that's up there with Kaliyo pulling a gun on the romanced male agent. :p

Think that's up there with Kaliyo pulling a gun on the romanced male agent. :p

Really? I did not know that! Seems they messed up with almost everyone's romance returns. Guess whoever wrote that really didn't play the class stories.

Really? I did not know that! Seems they messed up with almost everyone's romance returns. Guess whoever wrote that really didn't play the class stories.

When she first meets then, she pulls the gun on them while exclaiming angrily there is "no d*mn way" the agent can possibly be alive. It's exactly the same as with a female agent. (Except the male agent, when asked by Theron if he knows Kaliyo, says in a very soft and almost sad tone, "She was my wife." Ouch.)

...then again, it's Kaliyo. AKA the only love interest who actually "moved on" after their spouse went missing. :rolleyes:

When she first meets then, she pulls the gun on them while exclaiming angrily there is "no d*mn way" the agent can possibly be alive. It's exactly the same as with a female agent. (Except the male agent, when asked by Theron if he knows Kaliyo, says in a very soft and almost sad tone, "She was my wife." Ouch.)

...then again, it's Kaliyo. AKA the only love interest who actually "moved on" after their spouse went missing. :rolleyes:

I'm glad I don't do the male character / female companion romances. Speaking of Kaliyo I was intending to off her on my agent when I did that chapter but her story made me feel sorry for her so she got to live!

Back to Quinn - my friend has finally finished the class story with Quinn as her romance - she's gone gooey over his letters especially the one about future children. I expect she will be joining us in here soon :D

I'm glad I don't do the male character / female companion romances. Speaking of Kaliyo I was intending to off her on my agent when I did that chapter but her story made me feel sorry for her so she got to live!

Back to Quinn - my friend has finally finished the class story with Quinn as her romance - she's gone gooey over his letters especially the one about future children. I expect she will be joining us in here soon :D

Yay! Another to add to our number :D See if she'll throw a vote Malavai's way, we need 5 stars. <3

Me too! I had been sooo looking forward to killing off Kaliyo, but in the end she was such a pathetic person I just couldn't. I had to reroll one of my former advanced classless alts, so he is going to be the companion killer to get as many of those achievements as possible. Even though Kaliyo doesn't have an achievement, he's going to kill her too. :rak_04:

What about romanced male troopers? Does she greet them with THAT level of hostility, too? Because if so... yeesh. Think that's up there with Kaliyo pulling a gun on the romanced male agent. :p

Yes, she does. I watched my friend take his Elara romanced trooper through and all I could think was, "Ouch!".

Yes, she does. I watched my friend take his Elara romanced trooper through and all I could think was, "Ouch!".

Yeesh... :(

On the subject of Kaliyo - my warrior killed her, and probably so will everybody save the consular and possibly the knight that I take through there. I'll just have to close my eyes. Because...something about that scene was absolutely, beyond the pail, disturbing. I hate Kaliyo and have wanted the opportunity to kill her since the moment my agent met her; I never felt sorry for her, no sympathy; she deserved her death and then some - but sheesh. That was just nightmarish.

I agree killing either Aric or Kaliyo there is just to hard to do...even on my most dark side characters I don't kill either of them...I just cannot bring myself to do it.

And yet just exiling her is so completely unsatisfactory. .-. My knight did that because I couldn't bring myself to yell at both Jorgan and Kaliyo. Why are the only options "I'm so glad BOTH OF YOU made it back safely!" "Jorgan, you're at fault, you idiot" and "YOU USELESS INCOMPETENTS BOTH OF YOU RAAAAAARGH"? Oi vey.

I agree killing either Aric or Kaliyo there is just to hard to do...even on my most dark side characters I don't kill either of them...I just cannot bring myself to do it.

I don't like Kaliyo, but I also don't do what *I* like, but what's natural for my characters.

Kaliyo is dead on my Inquisitor, because when someone shows him the finger after he said "That's an order", that someone is walking corpse.

I only wish he said "Exactly" when she was still breathing, bleeding to death on the floor. He likes to have the last word :rak_01:

Beniko also showed him the finger (which in addition put his life in mortal danger, so a lot worse disobedience), so now I have to heavily RP a reason why he didn't kill her yet. That was so frustrating I had to write a story to let that frustration go :p

Yeesh... :(

On the subject of Kaliyo - my warrior killed her, and probably so will everybody save the consular and possibly the knight that I take through there. I'll just have to close my eyes. Because...something about that scene was absolutely, beyond the pail, disturbing. I hate Kaliyo and have wanted the opportunity to kill her since the moment my agent met her; I never felt sorry for her, no sympathy; she deserved her death and then some - but sheesh. That was just nightmarish.

I found it quite unsatisfactory. It didn't give her a moment to realise she finally reaped what she sowed. That her big attitude, big mouth, and big "yeah? and watcha gonna do?" finally brought on her what was coming for years.

Just one stab, she's gone, it's over. She seemed surprised it happened, but I don't think she understood why.

I don't like Kaliyo, but I also don't do what *I* like, but what's natural for my characters.

Kaliyo is dead on my Inquisitor, because when someone shows him the finger after he said "That's an order", that someone is walking corpse.

I only wish he said "Exactly" when she was still breathing, bleeding to death on the floor. He likes to have the last word :rak_01:

Beniko also showed him the finger (which in addition put his life in mortal danger, so a lot worse disobedience), so now I have to heavily RP a reason why he didn't kill her yet. That was so frustrating I had to write a story to let that frustration go :p

I found it quite unsatisfactory. It didn't give her a moment to realise she finally reaped what she sowed. That her big attitude, big mouth, and big "yeah? and watcha gonna do?" finally brought on her what was coming for years.

Just one stab, she's gone, it's over. She seemed surprised it happened, but I don't think she understood why.

Agreed on doing what's natural for my characters too. I said I would never kill Aric Jorgan (swoon) BUT I did on my dark sith Inq alt because he sassed mouthed her and disobeyed an order. I did not even feel bad about it and I thought I would. He sass mouth did for him. I killed Kaliyo on my sith inq main for the same reason BUT on my Agent who had every reason to kill that backstabbing, lying b**** I failed completely and felt really bad for her terrible life so I let Kaliyo live because it felt right for the character.

The only companion that I have failed completely to do what's right is Malavai Quinn. He has seductive voice powers that have taken over my mind. By rights he should be force choked to death for

betraying the warrior yet again - even though he apologises beforehand

in the Iokath story (which makes him very weak of mind & probably more afraid of his Sith superiors than he lets on) but I just can't do it! Quinn must always be forgiven!

(edited for spell fail)!

Edited by Sarova

The only companion that I have failed completely to do what's right is Malavai Quinn. He has deductive voice powers that have taken over my mind. By rights he should be force choked to death for

betraying the warrior yet again - even though he apologises beforehand

in the Iokath story (which makes him very weak of mind & probably more afraid of his Sith superiors than he lets on) but I just can't do it! Quinn must always be forgiven!

"Again"? I certainly don't see his actions as such. He's loyal to the Empire. Both times. But to classify his actions on Iokath (I assume we're talking about warrior switching sides) as

betrayal?

YOU betrayed the Empire by siding with the Republic! :eek: Where does he betray you? You're the bad guy in his eyes. Your treasonous choice probably pained him a lot.

I noticed that a lot of people take his actions very personally. This guy is epiphany of loyalty. It's just not YOU he's loyal to. It's the Empire.

If we're not talking about warrior switching sides, I have no idea how anything he says can be interpreted as such.