Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

I (for RP reasons) killed Aric Jorgan back in KOTFE on my very dark sith inq however if you keep him (as I have on all other classes), he appears in later chapters/stories, more so if he's a romanced companion. Same with Kaliyo. I'm hoping the Quinn thing is a bug fix that failed spectacularly & will hopefully be fixed next patch. Both he and Dorne are romanced so there could be some options for future stories - either to team up with either of them (you get to do this twice with Torian) or if there is an option to see their partner off before a dangerous mission.

What I meant was (and I should have been more clear) they won't be actual "main" characters again, likely they won't have much in the way of plot around them, not like their chapters were. Yeah we might see them again, maybe say a line or two, get a letter ... but I think it's highly unlikely that a possibly dead character will be an actual main part of a story else BioWare will have to write someone else into that part if that character is dead. After Jorgan or Kaliyo can possibly die, if they're still alive they appear on Iokath in KotET, you can say a line or two (a little more if they're romanced) but they're not main characters. In Chapter 8 of KotET they're replaced with "Alliance Member" for the bonus quest.

I honestly hope we see more of Malavai and Elara for Iokath but ... Malavai at least, can be dead. If he's supposed to play more of a role in Iokath but he could be dead, who will take over that role for those who killed him? Random_Imperial_Officer_0035? The writers seem to have difficulty writing a story with two possible characters in mind already (and having it make sense), not sure we want them to keep that up.

What I meant was (and I should have been more clear) they won't be actual "main" characters again, likely they won't have much in the way of plot around them, not like their chapters were. Yeah we might see them again, maybe say a line or two, get a letter ... but I think it's highly unlikely that a possibly dead character will be an actual main part of a story else BioWare will have to write someone else into that part if that character is dead. After Jorgan or Kaliyo can possibly die, if they're still alive they appear on Iokath in KotET, you can say a line or two (a little more if they're romanced) but they're not main characters. In Chapter 8 of KotET they're replaced with "Alliance Member" for the bonus quest.

I honestly hope we see more of Malavai and Elara for Iokath but ... Malavai at least, can be dead. If he's supposed to play more of a role in Iokath but he could be dead, who will take over that role for those who killed him? Random_Imperial_Officer_0035? The writers seem to have difficulty writing a story with two possible characters in mind already (and having it make sense), not sure we want them to keep that up.

Well they did do the thing with Koth and Hylo basically playing the same parts in the later chapters

Since he can be dead, I am fully aware he can't be important for the plot. But I'm still hoping for a cameo, for a few love line exchanges, like others got in KOTET, even if some of them can be dead.

From where I'm standing, my reunion never truly happened. Due to no customisation, I have no screenshots, the recording shows a white dude, and I had to use my imagination to make it work. You know something? I used my imagination for his return already, and it's damn much better, if I say so myself.

A cameo here or there is the only way for me to ever see "my" Malavai (that is, IF the customisation works the next time) with my warrior after she found him. Otherwise for me it's no different than having him from the terminal.

And this "Companions" section is exactly that: it looked the same after I bought him back through the terminal. I was happy to see him "officially" back among Main Character. Now he's back to the "cheated" version position.

Well they did do the thing with Koth and Hylo basically playing the same parts in the later chapters

You mean Koth and Tora? She does stuff in version that have Koth gone.

You mean Koth and Tora? She does stuff in version that have Koth gone.

I guess his part is taken by both characters now you bring it up, I was just remembering Hylo fly the ship a few times in Koth's place, totally forgot about Tora. If you piss off Elara on a trooper through your actions and still pick the Republic does she still refuse to join the alliance? If so then I see it being a possibility that I am not happy with.

I was just thinking since they will both play the same roll in your alliance for cut scenes should either have a part beyond cameo's. But was thinking that if they did give a part to either of them, since it is only a very small portion of players who will not have either of them then we might have some hope. If they were to replace either of them I would say Admiral Aygo or even Doctor Oggurobb perhaps. But is my speculations so who knows. I just will have hope for more stuff beyond cameos.

I guess his part is taken by both characters now you bring it up, I was just remembering Hylo fly the ship a few times in Koth's place, totally forgot about Tora. If you piss off Elara on a trooper through your actions and still pick the Republic does she still refuse to join the alliance? If so then I see it being a possibility that I am not happy with.

I was just thinking since they will both play the same roll in your alliance for cut scenes should either have a part beyond cameo's. But was thinking that if they did give a part to either of them, since it is only a very small portion of players who will not have either of them then we might have some hope. If they were to replace either of them I would say Admiral Aygo or even Doctor Oggurobb perhaps. But is my speculations so who knows. I just will have hope for more stuff beyond cameos.

Now that you brought it up, yeah, I remember Hylo piloting something.

So there are options for "dead" people. Now, one could think Koth's pilot role had to be replaced somehow, because they needed someone to pilot (not sure Elara or Malavai's roles would ever be anything that "must be"), but they also could simply do only Tora/Hylo scenes, ignoring Koth's existence completely.

They didn't.

I will not count on more than cameos. But I hope to at least see this little. I'd like to see my warrior kiss my Malavai at least one more time. She didn't do it since the class story. She didn't talk to him since the class story. Still hasn't!

And now even on the list of companions he's in the same place he was before 5.2. And his mouth doesn't move when he talks now.

It's a downgrade. :(

I still hope it's just a bug. They wanted to fix something but broke it instead. I reported it as a bug. I'll report it as a bug in game, when I log on.

But my hope is fading. The reunion has been nothing but a string of disappointments for me, and a part of me wishes he never returned. I could stick to my fanfic and be a lot happier.

Did anyone post this yet? I don't recall seeing it here, but could have missed among all the pages that are written when I sleep.

http://fav.me/daaka7o

Kind of gives the feel of his current age.

Never saw it before, though I'd say it sums up my feelings quite well - tldr version of every single thing I've posted in this thread :D

Now that you brought it up, yeah, I remember Hylo piloting something.

So there are options for "dead" people. Now, one could think Koth's pilot role had to be replaced somehow, because they needed someone to pilot (not sure Elara or Malavai's roles would ever be anything that "must be"), but they also could simply do only Tora/Hylo scenes, ignoring Koth's existence completely.

They didn't.

I will not count on more than cameos. But I hope to at least see this little. I'd like to see my warrior kiss my Malavai at least one more time. She didn't do it since the class story. She didn't talk to him since the class story. Still hasn't!

And now even on the list of companions he's in the same place he was before 5.2. And his mouth doesn't move when he talks now.

It's a downgrade. :(

I still hope it's just a bug. They wanted to fix something but broke it instead. I reported it as a bug. I'll report it as a bug in game, when I log on.

But my hope is fading. The reunion has been nothing but a string of disappointments for me, and a part of me wishes he never returned. I could stick to my fanfic and be a lot happier.

The game's developers should not make customers rely on their own fanfic for a decent story. Failing to ensure Malavai was customised to the players choice during the reunion was a huge oversight and I wonder if this (and the whole poor return story) was someone at bioware's two-fingers up to the people who play this game for the story and RP? The only other reason I can think would be that the bosses told them to get an update out asap regardless of the content as they saw a sharp decline in subs and everyone knows that new content will get players paying in large numbers to access it. If that's the case then I think we can say goodbye to any "meaningful" returns for our other companions (and if you ally with the Empire, Zenith's return can only be as your would be assassin). And Malavai's stronghold decoration fault is just criminal :mad:

As for future appearances by Malavai it's not like they can't switch NPCs for those who are dead or exiled - as someone else said, Hylo took over as the Gravestone's captain during chapter 8 of KOTET if you killed or exiled Koth. Even if Quinn/Dorne are not given any main parts in future story lines, they can do something similar to what they did with Torian. His initial return chapter (if romanced) was meh, however they gave him romance options in later chapters of KOTFE/KOTET, gave him a role in the opening chapter of KOTET (leading the Mandalorian's to assist you - and a bit of romance banter iirc) and he was the first person to find you after you were all split up on Iokath in chapter 4 and you got to do a few objectives with him. If they do something like that with Quinn/Dorne I think many of us will be very happy. They are after all both excellent strategists and sticklers for process - this has to fit somewhere in a future storyline (and if for those who have both Quinn & Dorne, they should get to choose who accompanies them - there will be only one choice for me!)

The game's developers should not make customers rely on their own fanfic for a decent story. Failing to ensure Malavai was customised to the players choice during the reunion was a huge oversight and I wonder if this (and the whole poor return story) was someone at bioware's two-fingers up to the people who play this game for the story and RP? The only other reason I can think would be that the bosses told them to get an update out asap regardless of the content as they saw a sharp decline in subs and everyone knows that new content will get players paying in large numbers to access it. If that's the case then I think we can say goodbye to any "meaningful" returns for our other companions (and if you ally with the Empire, Zenith's return can only be as your would be assassin). And Malavai's stronghold decoration fault is just criminal :mad:

As for future appearances by Malavai it's not like they can't switch NPCs for those who are dead or exiled - as someone else said, Hylo took over as the Gravestone's captain during chapter 8 of KOTET if you killed or exiled Koth. Even if Quinn/Dorne are not given any main parts in future story lines, they can do something similar to what they did with Torian. His initial return chapter (if romanced) was meh, however they gave him romance options in later chapters of KOTFE/KOTET, gave him a role in the opening chapter of KOTET (leading the Mandalorian's to assist you - and a bit of romance banter iirc) and he was the first person to find you after you were all split up on Iokath in chapter 4 and you got to do a few objectives with him. If they do something like that with Quinn/Dorne I think many of us will be very happy. They are after all both excellent strategists and sticklers for process - this has to fit somewhere in a future storyline (and if for those who have both Quinn & Dorne, they should get to choose who accompanies them - there will be only one choice for me!)

I agree. It just seems rushed and I have a feeling that this is how the remaining characters will be introduced. Someone they just quickly introduce to get it over with - and preferably with an kill option, so they don't have to include them in future content.

We have Lana and Theron - we should be happy :(

Did anyone post this yet? I don't recall seeing it here, but could have missed among all the pages that are written when I sleep.

http://fav.me/daaka7o

Kind of gives the feel of his current age.

Ummm...rrraaawwwrrr! :w_big_grin: I almost like this version better than the vanilla! But then again, by Iokath, he's closer to my own age (I'm 47 and I'm guessing he's....45-ish?), so I love the older look. If customizations ever work for the Iokath scenes, I want to use the white-haired cyborg-ish one (this one: http://torf.mmo-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/MalavaiQuinn8Close.png) for him. I think spending 6 years in prison would definitely take it's toll.

Ummm...rrraaawwwrrr! :w_big_grin: I almost like this version better than the vanilla! But then again, by Iokath, he's closer to my own age (I'm 47 and I'm guessing he's....45-ish?), so I love the older look. If customizations ever work for the Iokath scenes, I want to use the white-haired cyborg-ish one (this one: http://torf.mmo-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/MalavaiQuinn8Close.png) for him. I think spending 6 years in prison would definitely take it's toll.

I think someone somewhere (wookieepiedia?) did the math and he's 50 on Iokath.

374 pages of Quinn. It. Simply. Is. TOO. MUCH.

Quinn: I'm inclined to agree. On the other hand, 374 pages of...er, me...have apparently kept me alive thus far.

And the fangirl love! Pages aren't enough, 'tis what FILLS those pages!

Quinn: *wince* ...and the, ah, fangirl love.

:D

Quinn: That has made me act grossly out of character in the name of comedy.

...but...it IS funny...

Quinn: *facepalm*

Seriously, if I was a girl or a woman I'd fall in love with HK-51. He's neat. Polished. Polite. Poetic. Knows his Shakespeare and always speaks with two words like a REAL gentleman. Knows WHAT he WANTS. Protective. And totally BAD. Always tough, hard and sturdy when you need him to be. I mean, Quinn. What's THAT? Come on ladies! It's HK-51 appreciation day TODAY!

Objection: I am not a lady-killer, Master.

Edited by saberscreen

Seriously, if I was a girl or a woman I'd fall in love with HK-51. He's neat. Polished. Polite. Poetic. Knows his Shakespeare and always speaks with two words like a REAL gentleman. Knows WHAT he WANTS. Protective. And totally BAD. Always tough, hard and sturdy when you need him to be. I mean, Quinn. What's THAT? Come on ladies! It's HK-51 appreciation day TODAY!

We thank you for contributing to the creation of page 375 :D

HK-51 can be reprogrammed to suddenly turn against me, and attack me... oh, wait...:o Ooops...;)

We thank you for contributing to the creation of page 375 :D

I know! Sorry, my bad!

HK-51 can be reprogrammed to suddenly turn against me, and attack me... oh, wait...:o Ooops...;)

You can rest assured knowing he's been updated with Jawa-Script, which is super UNHACKABLE. I mean, who speaks Jawa these days, right?

I know! Sorry, my bad!

No worries hun ;)

You can rest assured knowing he's been updated with Jawa-Script, which is super UNHACKABLE. I mean, who speaks Jawa these days, right?

We also thank you for keeping with the mostly positive nature of this thread, I do like HK don't get me wrong....but he is just no Malavai ;)

I think I'll have them both, please. :) Surely Quinn won't mind too much? Maybe?

He has a lot of top notch qualities to be sure...but he's not as handsome as our Quinn. And Quinn's voice is nicer. :)

You gave a perfect description of Quinn there! :D

So... I noticed Quinn got a Companions & Contacts category change from from Main Character to Companion. Dorne has also been moved from the unavailable Main Character Section to Companion. Any idea what this is about? :confused:

No worries hun ;)

I am worried. I mean, you all love QUINN.

We also thank you for keeping with the mostly positive nature of this thread, I do like HK don't get me wrong....but he is just no Malavai ;)

I'm glad he isn't. I would have to kill him AGAIN if he WAS and that would be tragic, wouldn't it?

I think I'll have them both, please. :) Surely Quinn won't mind too much? Maybe?

Okay, I'll let you off. This time!

He has a lot of top notch qualities to be sure...but he's not as handsome as our Quinn. And Quinn's voice is nicer. :)

You do realize HK-51 is capable of adjusting his voice modulators to sound like ANYONE, don't you? But I suspect that if you would FORCE him to sound like Quinn he might actually assassinate you!

You gave a perfect description of Quinn there! :D

I give up. This thread is messing with my masculinity. I'm going to watch a couple of BEER advertisements and retreat to my MAN-CAVE now.