Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

I don't blame you. And I have no intention of being strung along forever. But for me, I'll never really give up hope for more Quinn/warrior story - just something about it nags at me.

I think it's really just the writing in general, and not just for Companions. The melding of Dorne and Quinn into one persona is just one of the many symptoms of the writer(s) pigeonholing every Class into two personas (Commander or Emperor, which is now Republic or Empire) and railroading all of the Class stories into one main scenario.

We saw the signs of this in RotHC and SoR, then blatant application in KOTFE/ET, and now it's to the point where they're merging individual Companions. I mean, how long until every Companion does and says the same thing no matter who you have with you, not just Quinn or Dorne?

I can only figure one of three things going on here to cause this: BW is out of ideas, they have minimal resources, or they just don't care about this level of detail. Whichever it is, it's enough for me to notice in game, and so I no longer have a vested interest in the future of the story, including my beloved Companions... even Malavai Quinn. It's very disheartening. :(

Edited by Edyn

I can only figure one of three things going on here to cause this: BW is out of ideas, they have minimal resources, or they just don't care about this level of detail. Whichever it is, it's enough for me to notice in game, and so I no longer have a vested interest in the future of the story, including my beloved Companions... even Malavai Quinn. It's very disheartening. :(

It's a combination of minimal resources and probably also a bit of "let's save ourselves some work".

With Lana/Theron serving as mandatory companions regardless of your choices (on Iokath or otherwise), they can rotate in voice actors/characters for their brief appearance, maybe record/write occasional lines of dialogue later on, but pretty much forget about them.

The best I think you can hope for is something like Senya or Koth where they get a few chapters to say things in/be a part of, but even then they're essentially written out of the story now since they can both be dead (or at least gone, in Koth's case). The same is true for every other "main character", and even the ones you can't kill/have sent away like Gault/T7 are not getting any content, either.

They've mentioned Felix Iresso as someone that will react to your choice on Iokath so I figure the next update with companions will have him and his Imperial counterpart (Vector? Temple?) with similar storylines where you again have to choose and then rinse repeat. Maybe we'll see something like that with the Jedi/Sith apprentice, so wemcan keep being told we're getting two companions back when we're really only getting one and with a fraction of the content they should get.

Edited by RarePorcupine

Okay I finally got through that mess I posted last week in my sleep deprived state. I have edited the whole thing and have it for the most part where I want it. Added so much to it I had to split it into part 1 and 2 because I reached the file size limit. Part one has a teen rating, part 2 has a 18+ rating.

So here it is again...sorry about posting it in its messy state last week.

My take on the betrayal: The Ultimate Blasphemy

Part 1 :http://disantia.deviantart.com/art/The-Ultimate-Blasphemy-Part-1-675261422

Part 2:http://disantia.deviantart.com/art/The-Ultimate-Blasphemy-Part-2-677691736

Warning you now it is a long one, so should you decide to read, I hope you enjoy.

Edited by Nightfrogger

I think it's really just the writing in general, and not just for Companions. The melding of Dorne and Quinn into one persona is just one of the many symptoms of the writer(s) pigeonholing every Class into two personas (Commander or Emperor, which is now Republic or Empire) and railroading all of the Class stories into one main scenario.

We saw the signs of this in RotHC and SoR, then blatant application in KOTFE/ET, and now it's to the point where they're merging individual Companions. I mean, how long until every Companion does and says the same thing no matter who you have with you, not just Quinn or Dorne?

Sad thing is that the situation with Quinn could have been fixed. Just have Quinn call you and warn you about the Empresses plans instead of having Acina herself call. Those few extra lines shouldn't have added much in time or budget.

Imagine if he said "Forgive me the earlier deception, my lord, but I thought it in your best interest if I could obstruct Acina from within. She has found a faster way to the superweapon..." and so on.

Edited by Cowoline

Sad thing is that the situation with Quinn could have been fixed. Just have Quinn call you and warn you about the Empresses plans instead of having Acina herself call. Those few extra lines shouldn't have added much in time or budget.

Imagine if he said "Forgive me the earlier deception, my lord, but I thought it in your best interest if I could obstruct Acina from within. She has found a faster way to the superweapon..." and so on.

That would have been a nice touch. Also would have kept in character.

Yep... which leads me to believe they just don't care about that level of detail in regards to Vanilla characters. A kind of **** it attitude of, "let's just get something out the door to quiet the masses so we can focus more on Lana's next cutscene where she's actually in the Commander's bed lying next to her when she wakes up. Romanced or not, isn't that just hawt??? You know it is..." *high five*

Edited by Edyn

Yep... which leads me to believe they just don't care about that level of detail in regards to Vanilla characters. A kind of **** it attitude of, "let's just get something out the door to quiet the masses so we can focus more on Lana's next cutscene where she's actually in the Commander's bed lying next to her when she wakes up. Romanced or not, isn't that just hawt??? You know it is..." *high five*

My hope is that with a change of producer we will swtor experience that is much better, rather than them ruining the game and introducing things that were not needed or wanted. How much time and money was spent on developing and introducing the mess that is the CXP/GC system when there were a perfectly good system in place before? The new galaxy map has done nothing for me. Once they realised how much customers hated the changes they then had to spend more money on questionnaires to find out why. The costs spent on these things alone could have been diverted into making the War for Iokath a much more satisfactory story for fans of both Quinn and Dorne, instead of making them (as mentioned) story clones. In addition, they decided to depart from the traditional Empire V Republic by introducing Zakuul etc. Once they realised this was an issue from the questionnaires, their answer is to force us into taking control of an alliance that would then have to align with a side that will most likely detrimentally affect any future companion returns. It's all a shambles that is most likely too late to change so future stories are going to have to be really well put together. They need to ask players for ideas.

Although with Quinn I think I'd be happy with a Dallas style "it was all a dream" scenario (note to devs - we'll be needing a stronghold shower)! :D

EDIT: down to 4 stars! This can't be happening :eek:

Edited by Sarova

I agree, we need 5 back. I would, but I've already voted. :(

I've already voted, too. And Purple Quinn sadly doesn't count.

Quinn: Because I'm technically an extension of you.

...you're Purple Quinn. Not Jagaimee.

Quinn: No, I'm--you're--writing this--err, I mean, you--... gah!

:)

Ok I am on my 4th warrior now. As you can tell I liked the romance line for female characters best with SW, but this time I am noticing a glaring glitch. I have had three conversations now with Quinn on my ship and he is giving zero influence. I am pretty bummed because I don't know if it is impacting the relationship badly. I chose flirt and praising options and get nothing. I think the Quinn haters have got jobs at Bioware and are making our lives more miserable. :confused:

So far my favorite line is when leaving Balmorra she says "Quinn, I am going to miss your rugged good looks." ;) and when he shows up in the starport to help her fight the jedi, "Quinn I could kiss you". it is fun to see him get all flustered, lol.

For the record I've just gotten Quinn on my juggalo lookin' goon of a male zabrak and I'm not having any trouble gaining influence with Quinn. I'm afraid I don't know anything more.

Btw anyone here ever play zabrak? The social ability is hilarious, Quinn has two or three different laughs I would've never heard without it :)

For the record I've just gotten Quinn on my juggalo lookin' goon of a male zabrak and I'm not having any trouble gaining influence with Quinn. I'm afraid I don't know anything more.

Btw anyone here ever play zabrak? The social ability is hilarious, Quinn has two or three different laughs I would've never heard without it :)

Now you have me curious lol I don't think any of my Zabrak toons would side with the Empire though....damn looks like I may have to do something about that lol

Edited by Nightfrogger

Now you've started something....Quinn wife number [insert ridiculous amount only NASA can calculate here] incoming

Now you've started something....Quinn wife number [insert ridiculous amount only NASA can calculate here] incoming

Sorry :D Mine's a dude because I wasn't sure I wanted to make Quinn kiss a zabrak, and I'm having fun actually getting to flirt with other npcs in the game :)

"Inspire loyalty" is pretty entertaining, I've used it on Baras and the guy Baras uses the ravager on and holo dancers and someone's Vector and someone's Blizz and Quinn and Quinn and Quinn and Quinn..

Sorry :D Mine's a dude because I wasn't sure I wanted to make Quinn kiss a zabrak, and I'm having fun actually getting to flirt with other npcs in the game :)

"Inspire loyalty" is pretty entertaining, I've used it on Baras and the guy Baras uses the ravager on and holo dancers and someone's Vector and someone's Blizz and Quinn and Quinn and Quinn and Quinn..

I know I need to make a second male warrior to romance Jaesa....I could make him a Zabrak lol

........excuse me, I feel the need to make a zabrak SW now. :eek: What happened with Baras?

My zabrak trooper tried to inspire loyalty in Jorgan. He got a death glare, a growl, and an "uninspired" flag. The ship droid, however, was very enthusiastic. Trooper facepalmed so hard he high-fived the wall behind him.

Maybe Jorgan was just having a bad day...? Hairball season, or something? :p

I know I need to make a second male warrior to romance Jaesa....I could make him a Zabrak lol

Do it! Why not? :)

........excuse me, I feel the need to make a zabrak SW now. :eek: What happened with Baras?

My zabrak trooper tried to inspire loyalty in Jorgan. He got a death glare, a growl, and an "uninspired" flag. The ship droid, however, was very enthusiastic. Trooper facepalmed so hard he high-fived the wall behind him.

Baras laughed! Like three times in a row, with his real actual Baras voice!

Don't give up when they get mad just keep doing it, they make all kinds of weird noises like laughing and grumbling sounds lol. There's one where they get scared and sort of shriek - I scared a random Vector twice :o

Aric has been in a bad mood since the game made us gift Koth et al his tongue! Aric Jorgan greatly disapproves...

Okay new zabrak sith warrior made lol

Now the hard part...what to wear?

I wasn't very creative with that, mine's wearing the exact same thing all my female warriors wear :o I did give him a completely ridiculous and embarrassing name though, just to make my kids laugh. Which it did so it was worth it :)

I wasn't very creative with that, mine's wearing the exact same thing all my female warriors wear :o I did give him a completely ridiculous and embarrassing name though, just to make my kids laugh. Which it did so it was worth it :)

I try to have every character have a different outfit and sometimes it takes a while...but some outfits you see and are like...yep totally making a twi-lek wear that to hide the hood.

I have a female Zabrak BH (a red one ofc). I love that ability, always use it on Gault to hear him laugh. :D

Now that you mention it, I have always been curious how the companions of the other classes would react. I totally forgot to create a SW because of Quinn! I'm going to create one right away! :D

I didn't know you can use the ability on NPCs, I thought it only worked on your companions. Wow, I need to hear Baras laughing. :D If I remember well he giggles once or twice in certain conversation options.

Oh, and I need to try it on Zash too!

Edit: I used it on other people's companions on the Fleet and it worked! :D People must think I'm crazy, running around and pointing at their companions LOL. I found a Treek too and she got scared of me LOL.

But no Quinns around. Well, I'm going to create a Zabrak SW anyway, because of Baras. :p

Edited by Dylinrae