The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

That's it.

NogueiraA

After the stream I did this: http://imgur.com/a/GI6Iq

I'm a casual who plays 1~2 hours a day and only pvp, used to do Raid progression from 2.0 and stopped around 3.1.

Always said to people "I play Swtor because I hate grind and RNG", now Swtor has turned in the 2 things I hate most.

I'll NOT wait months and months for you to "maybe reduce" costs and make grind less painful.

Bolster is working as intended? Too bad because the pre-5.1 bolster was the only thing motivating me to play, where gear didn't matter in pvp, now i'm getting destroyed on my 228/230 by 240/242 players, who have time to farm and grind (KP farm etc..).

I'm done after 5 years and i'm giving my stuff to some guildies.

I'm a casual who plays 1~2 hours a day and only pvp, used to do Raid progression from 2.0 and stopped around 3.1.

Always said to people "I play Swtor because I hate grind and RNG", now Swtor has turned in the 2 things I hate most.

I'll NOT wait months and months for you to "maybe reduce" costs and make grind less painful.

Bolster is working as intended? Too bad because the pre-5.1 bolster was the only thing motivating me to play, where gear didn't matter in pvp, now i'm getting destroyed on my 228/230 by 240/242 players, who have time to farm and grind (KP farm etc..).

Yeah, casual pve'er without a guild team in same boat. My sub goes til end Feb, but same feelings. I hope you can find a new mmo home, I've been unsuccessful so far, so might just finish up a couple of single player games (not BW games, tho - Dragon Age 2 and ME3 turned me off BWA single player games - and I guess SWTOR turned me off BW games altogether. )

You better hope so, otherwise you'll be playing with yourself.

Actually I doubt he be playing by himself. I been here since launch, didn't like a few things, but that is the nature of games, there are things you like and things you don't. I have learned that no game is all about everything I like so I adjust.

In the years I been here there been things they put in that wasn't my playstyle and that was okay as someone else may like it. You been very vocal that you don't like what they are doing but yet there are others in the forums and on the game itself that likes what is going on.

Can they make changes to the command creates, sure they can but I am not going to let one part of the game stop me from enjoying playing with my boyfriend and my friends.

Actually I doubt he be playing by himself. I been here since launch, didn't like a few things, but that is the nature of games, there are things you like and things you don't. I have learned that no game is all about everything I like so I adjust.

In the years I been here there been things they put in that wasn't my playstyle and that was okay as someone else may like it. You been very vocal that you don't like what they are doing but yet there are others in the forums and on the game itself that likes what is going on.

Can they make changes to the command creates, sure they can but I am not going to let one part of the game stop me from enjoying playing with my boyfriend and my friends.

But didn't you quit just last year too??

But didn't you quit just last year too??

I left for a couple of months and did some other things, got away from a lot of games, took some yoga classes and learn to deal with my temper, finished my paralegal degree, and came back and when things don't go the way I would like, I do my yoga, take some walks, pick at my boyfriend, and play some on SWG and then come back. I have learn that this is just a game and not worth getting that upset over things so I learn to keep things in perspective.

I left for a couple of months and did some other things, got away from a lot of games, took some yoga classes and learn to deal with my temper, finished my paralegal degree, and came back and when things don't go the way I would like, I do my yoga, take some walks, pick at my boyfriend, and play some on SWG and then come back. I have learn that this is just a game and not worth getting that upset over things so I learn to keep things in perspective.

So that's a yes...meaning even YOU have quit.

Yes, this is "just a game", but it's also entertainment - something people do for fun. It's just like sports are to some people. It's ok to be passionate about the things you enjoy in life, it makes living fun. I'm FURIOUS with the Packers and their worthless defensive coordinator Dom Capers and I want him fired...I LOVE the Packers...I HATE how poorly their defense has played this year (and in past years) and I'm passionate about wanting them to do better, which he is incapable of doing it seems. Is that any different than players getting upset over this game? People get WAY more excited about sports...that passion is what drives the billion dollar industries of gaming and sports globally.

Keep things in perspective, but enjoy the things you do in life...it's ok to be passionate, even if it's "just a game".

So, in 11 days, you'll resubscribe like all the other quitters?

I'll give you that - I too have noticed quite a few of the people protesting with their wallet show back up barely a week or two later making a lot of what they said meaningless in terms of their morals and not buying into the state of the game.

Granted returning players from now on have an excuse if they like 5.2 announcement.

My sub expires in a few days I think ... I'll probably take some time off subbing until near 5.2 ( unless something draws me back - usually it the massive credits I accumulate whilst preferred that I want to spend ) and that's mostly due to I still utterly hate GC and that's still all we have now until 5.2 drops.

If they went back and gave us means of getting gear similar to 4.x I'd probably resub just to support such a decision ( voting with your wallet right? )

Yes, this is "just a game", but it's also entertainment - something people do for fun. It's just like sports are to some people. It's ok to be passionate about the things you enjoy in life, it makes living fun. I'm FURIOUS with the Packers and their worthless defensive coordinator Dom Capers and I want him fired...I LOVE the Packers...I HATE how poorly their defense has played this year (and in past years) and I'm passionate about wanting them to do better, which he is incapable of doing it seems. Is that any different than players getting upset over this game? People get WAY more excited about sports...that passion is what drives the billion dollar industries of gaming and sports globally.

Keep things in perspective, but enjoy the things you do in life...it's ok to be passionate, even if it's "just a game".

I'm currently in the silent treatment portion of an argument with the girlfriend over this. I tried to explain the current state of the game to her and why lots of people are so upset, and her reply was "it's just a game, if you don't like it, quit." I couldn't find any other way to explain it to her better than this: "I love you, but if suddenly today you decide to be a vegan and that *I* have to eat vegan too, we're gonna have a problem. By your rationale I should just throw away all the time we've put in together and just find a new girlfriend?"

Upshot is I now have the living room and TV to myself for the evening :o

I'm currently in the silent treatment portion of an argument with the girlfriend over this. I tried to explain the current state of the game to her and why lots of people are so upset, and her reply was "it's just a game, if you don't like it, quit." I couldn't find any other way to explain it to her better than this: "I love you, but if suddenly today you decide to be a vegan and that *I* have to eat vegan too, we're gonna have a problem. By your rationale I should just throw away all the time we've put in together and just find a new girlfriend?"

Upshot is I now have the living room and TV to myself for the evening :o

So, is she going vegan?

So, is she going vegan?

Yeah you have us concerned here...

(Side note I keep telling a friend: the day you're getting a divorce you're gonna regret all that time you spend with her not eating charcoal grilled chicken cause she's vegan ;) For now he still finds this funny...)

Yeah because playing the game to achieve something is so 2005 and this is 2017...!

Edited by AFacelessOne

Tux,

I respect your opinion but there comes a time when you have said all you have can say and it's time to take a break but even when I left I never said everyone was leaving or that someone would be playing by themselves. I spoke only for myself, unlike some people on the forums lately. They have told people that they will be playing alone and they have no way of knowing that.

Sure some of the people they know may be leaving but that doesn't mean everyone is. There are some people that are still actually enjoying playing.

I took a much needed break as things were starting to bother me and I found myself more angry at things than I should have been. I needed to remind myself this was a game and not something that was that important in the scheme of things and needed to learn to look at things objectively again.

I understand that people don't like the RNG, I don't either, but I found ways to work around it, not perfect but acceptable for now for me.

When you find yourself too angry then it's time to look at things objectively and maybe pull back and find some things to do besides coming to the forums. Once you have said your piece is there any reason to continue with your posts if all you are going to do is yell and scream.

A professor once told me if you can't get your point across, respectfully and objectively, you will not get your point across by yelling and being rude either. If they are like me, once you start attacking and being rude I tune you out. You want to talk to me then talk to me objectively and give me ways to fix something not just "RNG stinks." That doesn't help the situation.

I post on the forum for Eric to see some suggestion that might can make the command crates better. Most of the posts I have seen only say RNG is horrible, do away with it, very very few have actually given a suggestion on how to work with the system to make it better.