The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bolster Unsubscribers

TrixxieTriss

Well at least we have recently learned that the DvL XP suit is actually BiS gear after bolster, so at least we have that.

Don't believe me? Try it.

Yeah I took a break from the lunacy for about a year and it so happens I didn't have a chance to get that DvL suit.

Figures out of all the years I been on this game, they'd introduce some event that would end up being BiS when I was not playing. :D

Even when I've disagreed on a point, Trixxie- I've always enjoyed your posts and insights and if nothing else- respected them. I hope they fix this in time, for me as much as you. I can't see myself staying past April otherwise.

I have the DvL suit and I'd rather shove coins up my nostril than exploit with that thing. To say nothing of the trauma seeing idiots with nearly no other pieces on but a few of those in FPs but I hate the current situation and it would be wrong to add to the disaster.

Even when I've disagreed on a point, Trixxie- I've always enjoyed your posts and insights and if nothing else- respected them. I hope they fix this in time, for me as much as you. I can't see myself staying past April otherwise.

I have the DvL suit and I'd rather shove coins up my nostril than exploit with that thing. To say nothing of the trauma seeing idiots with nearly no other pieces on but a few of those in FPs but I hate the current situation and it would be wrong to add to the disaster.

Yeah they *really* need to fix this, it's just dumb. I started another thread to inform people, and won't use it on my characters; however, gotta admit that using an outright bolster bug to protest the bolster nerf they just handed alts would have a poetic ring to it.

Yeah they *really* need to fix this, it's just dumb. I started another thread to inform people, and won't use it on my characters; however, gotta admit that using an outright bolster bug to protest the bolster nerf they just handed alts would have a poetic ring to it.

My poetry is dedicating every trash kill in a FP, thinking of the devs... I generally think that person with the 'fire this person' signature is juvenile but I spent my day working and fantasizing that EA came in, kept the writers- fired most of the devs and saved the game from an unlamented grave. I play other EA games, I play other Bioware games and this is beyond a joke now, even at EA's worst, they weren't this stupid.

I was sad to see someone that is relatively active in the swtor community find a loophole in bolster that gave him an advantage, and instead of letting everyone know he hid it so he could have an unfair advantage in PVP.

This goes to show what kind of integrity he has. Not much.

I remember when we all were mystified that bolster would grant different stats to two of the same classes with the same gears, and then finally someone came to the forums and let everyone know, it was ship parts that was affecting the bolster!

We laughed at this, and found it to be true so EVERYONE made sure to equip every PVP toon with a fully geared ship, so that bolster helped them all equally.

Anyway, I just found it sad someone would find a similar loophole and instead of inform BW and the community they hid it for their own personal gain.

It doesn't surprise me, but just is a reminder how the majority of people are in this world. Game or not.

I know someone will chirp, "but it is just a game who cares." If you cheat in games you likely will cheat anywhere.

What bug is this?

people need to stop everything was being bolster to 250 gear which dont exisit which why people had 130k in pvp including sm ops and why numbers in dps parse in SM were beyond broke. and much higher then in HM/NIM numbers. Edited by Kyuuu

Hi guys,

I just want to say good bye to you all. I've enjoyed playing with you and mostly enjoyed all our discussions :rolleyes:

It is with a very sad heart that I have just unsubscribed from this game that I love.

The changes to the Bolster system that take pvp from skill vs skill to gear vs gear are just the last straw in the multitude of bad decisions.

Add to the complete disregard of community feed back on this vital part of pvp and the arogence of not even properly acknowledging what we are extremely concerned about have made the game unenjoyable.

They are so fixated on this stupid gear grind for the whole game that they have lost their perspective on what is important, "Player enjoyment".

PvPers don't need an incentive to play, we play because we love PvP, we don't need a gear grind, we don't need anything except good queues, balance and the occasional new map. Gear progression is irrelevant for dedicated pvpers.

Their continued absue of this game that I passionately love is more than I can take. I want to be able to walk away from the game with fond memories, not with hate and loathing.

My sub runs out on the 5th of Feb, so I'll probably keep popping in for a chat till then.

I wanted to especially say good by to those people who have been as passionate about the game as myself. Like Allison, Lhance, Hottie, Snave, Ascendingsky, Alec, Banderal, Alrik, and the multitude of others that are too numerous for me to name you all.

Just remember to PM Eric if you also unsub in the future and tell him, atleast then they'll know why.

Trixxie, I'm sad to see you go. I only know you from the forums, but you've always been one of the adults in the room for the PVP community and you will not be easily replaced. Your passion for the game and dedication to those who play it will be sorely missed :(

The changes to the Bolster system that take pvp from skill vs skill to gear vs gear

You are overdramatic here. I bet you cant tell in warzones who already has full 240 and who is still on 208 or 230. The difference after bolster is around 5%, thats hardly an impact. On an average Warzone match even Raid debuffs can have more impact.

This gear moan is so much more about psychology than actual facts. In reality you can be very competetive with the old gear, all you need is main and offhand and youre good to go (and you get them very fast with the weekly quest)

So.. Come 5.0 I was gonna unsub cause of all the stupidity that was galactic command, but then I noticed bolster works marvelously even in ranked. So I sticked around cause the only thing I do is PvP. Now.. I don't give a flying **** about any of that cxp stuff and I suspect many who PvP don't either. And Bioware noticed that so they nerfed bolster to make us play their galactic command crap.

Well, guess what, Bioware, I'm not gonna. In fact, the only thing you accomplished with this is to lose one more subscriber.

Are you serious?

Do you know if it matter which mods/enchancements are filled in or the gear needs to be empty?

Totally serious. I put in green 210 vendor mods and it still bolstered to BiS levels. That is not an exaggeration, try it. It is severely broken.

I don't know who OP is, other than a woman with an ego problem, but you(all of you unsubbers) should have unsubbed when 5.0 dropped/they announced the new gearing system, as you should have seen the writing on the wall, it was pretty clear what direction they were taking the game in and if you didnt wanna suffer through their mistakes you could easily saved a bit of money and quit back then.

Btw if I quit the game I wouldnt make a thread about it for attention, I'm not that big of a pompous donkey.

Edited by Romeugues

Pretty much the only reason I am sticking around now is because they announced they will be reducing cost of the new gear and making it easier to get unassembled pieces. That and I want to roflstomp the empire on iokath. But if they announce that the reduction in cost will be tiny, then I will still be outtie and move on to FF14