Question for Devs and Musco: WHY the changes in 5.0 and 5.1?

Lhancelot

Honestly can we just get a clear cut explanation on why from anyone at BW/EA?

Lots of anxiety and confusion would be nullified if a representative from BW/EA would simply communicate with the players on WHY these changes were implemented.

1. Why was the gear system reverted back to the first year type of system focusing on RNG and a huge grind granting such a small amount of resources needed to purchase a piece of gear?

2. Why is it easlier for a player to gear up through PVE operations than it is for a player who chooses to gear up through PVP?

3. Why was bolster lowered to make the disparity between gears larger? This means new PVPers or lesser geared PVPers will be punished far greater and be at a distinct disadvantage in WZs against better geared players. Is this intentional?

4. Why were merc DCDs not adjusted a bit, or even acknowleged as possibly overperforming particularly in 4v4 ranked? Even if it was determined they are not overperforming, can we get some feedback on this topic from the devs? Many people doing ranked feel this is a problem and it has yet to even be mentioned by any rep from BW/EA.

5. Why was AoE changed to be ALL GREEN markers from friend and enemy alike? Typically enemy AoE was a large red circle, now it's a green marker just like friendly fire. Was this an intentional change?

Edited by Lhancelot

Exactly. We've said it time and time again: give us the why behind the decisions. While we may not always agree with the why, giving us their thoughts and stance can at least help us understand, and it will make their decisions appear more logical (from a certain point of view). Obviously, the decisions are not made for the betterment of the game and the players, that much is clear, but understanding the reasons why trainwrecks like 5.0 and 5.1 are developed might help solutions be developed that please both players and EA/BW.

No they need to start banning trolls like you tbh thats why this game will never get fixed properly is because of you trolls.

you guys go around creating a million new threads on the same topic to whine about something that already has a million old threads when you don't even understand what your whining about and call me the troll. deflecting a bit much, I think.

you guys go around creating a million new threads on the same topic to whine about something that already has a million old threads when you don't even understand what your whining about and call me the troll. deflecting a bit much, I think.

"You guys" as in the 20 different people creating a thread on 1 subject. Or you alone, appearing in all of them complaining about the complaints. I wonder what classifies better as spam :rolleyes:

By now I imagne people will be remembering you as the idiot that complained about the complaints for everything following 5.1. Grats, people on the PvP forums will recognize your name. Either or not you should be happy with it is another case entirely, but you did do it to yourself :p

Edited by Evolixe

"You guys" as in the 20 different people creating a thread on 1 subject. Or you alone, appearing in all of them complaining about the complaints. I wonder what classifies better as spam :rolleyes:

By now I imagne people will be remembering you as the idiot that complained about the complaints for everything following 5.1. Grats, people on the PvP forums will recognize your name. Either or not you should be happy with it is another case entirely, but you did do it to yourself :p

I love how you go around assigning people their "reps". this isn't the first time, it seems like a defense mechanism for you. Saying my telling people we don't need a billion new threads is spam but not the billion new threads themselves is not is essentially the definition of a logical fallicy. maybe people should actually learn how the changes take place and what they do before continuously shouting from the rooftops about the world burning or quite literally how The sky is falling!!!

I myself have many alts, most of which are in 208's still, yet I'm doing just fine. I wonder why that is. Is it because A. The changes are not nearly what every tom, dick, and harry on these forums are shouting to the world? Or B. because every tom, dick, and harry is blaming anything but themselves whenever they die?

i don't think u are a troll

but theres a 99.9% chance that u are a forcebackpeddlingsorc

Look at me being so *********** good at this game oh god :rak_03:

Have you ever stopped to think about the fact that some people might be genuinely concerned with how the game is doing overall rather than just their own?

I can wreck people a lot harder now than I could before 5.1, that doesn't mean I like the changes.

Nor that I needed or asked for an advantage. The fact that I DON'T need one, is exactly why I don't agree with it being given to me. People that hardly stood a chance before might as well Alt-F4 out now. You think that's what I want?

I *********** don't. Anyone with any sense of mind can see that giving veteran players an advantage over alts or newcomers is going to be a massive problem down the line.

Have you ever stopped to think about the fact that some people might be genuinely concerned with how the game is doing overall rather than just their own?

And that is totally fine, I agree. I think there need to be several changes made as well, including increasing the amount of tokens from pvp in general (ranked as well as regs) and/or the cost of the gear needs to come down among other things. But do we need to go around talking about how bioware is "******** their pants and panicking" that does absolutely nothing and just floods the forum with ironically the same metaphorical "crap" they're referring to.

Exactly. We've said it time and time again: give us the why behind the decisions. While we may not always agree with the why, giving us their thoughts and stance can at least help us understand, and it will make their decisions appear more logical (from a certain point of view). Obviously, the decisions are not made for the betterment of the game and the players, that much is clear, but understanding the reasons why trainwrecks like 5.0 and 5.1 are developed might help solutions be developed that please both players and EA/BW.

Just simple communication, takes very little time or effort. It would go a long way if the devs, Musco, or any representative would simply answer these questions.

If we could understand the direction they are aiming for, why they made these changes and shared their logic with the actual people, the players who play the game it would be nice.

As for Jedcjedcjedc saying there are countless threads like this one, I don't think so.

If there is an ongoing thread focusing on the lack of communication we have with the devs and Musco that also has these questions for them to answer, please point me in the direction of that thread.

This thread I created for the sole purpose of getting a legitimate answer to some very important questions regarding PVP imo.

I think it's silly to criticize all the threads that are critical or ask critical questions of Musco and the devs regarding 5.0 and 5.1 changes. It's also silly to think everyone should use one thread to express their unhappiness.

Yes, there are lots of threads concerning 5.0 and 5.1, but what do you expect? People are angry, frustrated, and are sharing their personal views in their own threads which is great.

And that is totally fine, I agree. I think there need to be several changes made as well, including increasing the amount of tokens from pvp in general (ranked as well as regs) and/or the cost of the gear needs to come down among other things. But do we need to go around talking about how bioware is "******** their pants and panicking" that does absolutely nothing and just floods the forum with ironically the same metaphorical "crap" they're referring to.

You are also flooding the forum with rather irrelevant posts by repeating your argument across 20 threads. Just stop. You're at the very least as annoying as those people that create 20 threads. The rest of us just choose to ignore the fact that some people aren't that bright.