Assassin hidden nerf?

Yiamzat

I was checking on my assassin after patch 5.1, to check if the double darkness stance bug was gone and i noticed that the formless phantom utility (wich provided 30% aoe reduction and 30% dmg reduction while stunned) lost the aoe reduction and now reduce only stunt damage.

I checked the patch note and i didn't see any lign talking about it.

Have i missed something? Where was the nerf written?

I think it's because Infiltration/Deception have 30% aoe damage reduction and with talentt it stacks up to 60%. Noone cares about tanks, anyway deception is more popular discipline. As i think BW should either remove 30% aoe dr from deception and provide it via utility like in 5.0 or give 30% aoe dr to darkness discipline. It's essential for tanks with low armor and poor damage reduction.

Have i missed something? Where was the nerf written?

Nowhere. Apparently, even giving out complete patchnotes is too much work for these monkeys calling themselves BioWare.

I think it's because Infiltration/Deception have 30% aoe damage reduction and with talentt it stacks up to 60%. Noone cares about tanks, anyway deception is more popular discipline. As i think BW should either remove 30% aoe dr from deception and provide it via utility like in 5.0 or give 30% aoe dr to darkness discipline. It's essential for tanks with low armor and poor damage reduction.

Well, giving it to Darkness and not to PT and Jugg tanks always seemed dumb to me. So I think it should be either given to all three tank disciplines, or none. Cause let's be honest, this was ridicioulously OP, since most damage in OPs is aoe.

What bothers me more than that is that they are too dumb to mention something like this in the Patchnotes.

I know most people don't care about hatred :( But we are the sins that need it more as we need to move inside big groups that get AoE spam in order to spread our DOTs.

So I don't mind if all sin specs + PT + Juggs + whatever gets it. As long as Hatred also does.

I do understand the double stance fix, but this nerf out of nowere?

Because it is a nerf, not a fix as description was changed.

Another problem: Defending capped nodes (usual job of a sin) is now a dead trap :mad:

they really should have given a 30% DR to Hatred tree, like Deception has, at the same time they fixed this. But again, BW fixed something without really thinking about it.

It was an issue for tanks or Deception taking it (altough, tbh I wasn't taking it on my deception pvp spec, as I prefer faster stuns OR rooting overloads)

People were running hybrid tank spec on their Assassins in the DF/DP tier because getting the 30% damage reduction for the Bestia fight was way too good to pass up.

To have the 30% given back to Sin tanks in the first tier of utilities was pretty ridiculous. Way too much of the damage in this game is categorized as AOE, and thus having a 30% AOE reduction given to tanks at any point significantly decreases the difficulty of quite a few encounters.

It was one of the things that wasn`t talked about much due to everything else about Sin tanks being so broken, but it did need to be addressed.

Sin tanks are still very good, they are just not God like 100% of the time anymore..... just every 15 seconds ;)