The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Assassin Nerf...no more 30% AOE reduction, not in patch notes???

Decidion

The Assassin utility Formless Phantom no longer gives the 30% AOE Reduction, just a 30% reduction to damage when stunned. I see they "forgot" to mention this in the patch notes.

I believe every other class has this ability or utility, why was this removed from Assassins/Shadows?

The Assassin utility Formless Phantom no longer gives the 30% AOE Reduction, just a 30% reduction to damage when stunned. I see they "forgot" to mention this in the patch notes.

I believe every other class has this ability or utility, why was this removed from Assassins/Shadows?

Neither other tank class has it, and never has.

Neither other tank class has it, and never has.

I see, but both other tank classes can equip heavy armor, vs the light armor of a 'sin tank. This may not specifically help against all AOE damage, but it helps mitigate the overall damage taken during a raid. And this hasnt been an issue for years, why suddenly was there a need to take it away now?

I see, but both other tank classes can equip heavy armor, vs the light armor of a 'sin tank. This may not specifically help against all AOE damage, but it helps mitigate the overall damage taken during a raid. And this hasnt been an issue for years, why suddenly was there a need to take it away now?

30% aoe reduction was added in 5.0 so it couldn't have been an issue for years. If anything this change doesn't go nearly enough - the 60% reduction from Phasing Phantasm needs to be removed even more.

Edited by FireFoxed

Sages / Sorcs and Mercs / Mandos both have access to it, but it's a 3rd tier Heroic utility not Skillful. And you are giving up other worthwhile utilities if you take it.

Vanguards / Powertechs (Tactics / IO) get it as a part of their discipline.

Sents / Maras have defensive roll but it isn't the same.

Damn, that is bad. Non tank Sins really need it. As sin are usually in the very middle of most AoE spams (even more if you are hatred), they do need real damage reduction to not die in a few seconds. It is not that 30% makes you inmortal, we have light armor and really crappy defensive cooldowns.

Sages / Sorcs and Mercs / Mandos both have access to it, but it's a 3rd tier Heroic utility not Skillful. And you are giving up other worthwhile utilities if you take it.

Vanguards / Powertechs (Tactics / IO) get it as a part of their discipline.

Sents / Maras have defensive roll but it isn't the same.

Operatives/Scoundrels get it too, 1st level utility

Well AoE Dmg reduction on tanks was absurd.

Hatred will go back to being squishy as one unfortunate side effect. Should have just removed the Passive AoE reduction from Deception and changed the wording to be "and 30% AoE DMG reduction while in Surging Charge or Lightning Charge stance"

Should make a similar utility for PTs so Pyro has actual surviability. Juggs maybe although with Vengeance reduction AoE taunt might be more trickier there.

Edited by FerkWork