Launcher doesn't update itself

Rakalf

I've search on google and this forums a million times.

Title says it all, i haven't found a solution to the error messaage, your version of the game is different of the server!

My launcher doesnt download any update, it goes right to the play button!

I have the same problem and deleting config and .xfr files doesn't change anything, I still have the error message that my game version do not match the server. I hope they will fix it quickly. Subscription time keeps running and is not refundable XD.

Someone told me to do this(APPARENTLY IS A FULL game download, but am still not sure):

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7826333

I am still downloading english video 1: but when restarted the launcher, and keept downloading the enligsh video file, the new cartel pack image poped. Something my other launcher didn't have, even if i updated the launcher. SO I HOPE IT WORKS. (gonna reply soon if it does.)

Thank you for the reply but unfortunately it won't work for me. I live in Africa and internet here is very very very expensive, I can't afford to download the 32GB again. I have to find another solution or stop playing the game.It's the third time I have this issue and I don't think it's worth it anymore, I'm tired of this bug. I hope it will work for you :)

i also got the new imag eof the cartel pack pop up, but that doesnt mean the whole re download game works.... I have heard it doesn't for some people.

So i still have my other files copied. WE NEED to find another solution keep me updated

I'll keep searching for solution. I've send a ticket to report the bug and hope they will reply soon. I really hope it will work for you, let me know if it does, at least one of us will get out of this mess :)

yea i sended a ticket in game before i deleted the stuff.. but i won't be able to check it until tommorow. So tell me what they say!

Most cases "your version of the game is different of the server", this is due to some form of ISP transparent proxying , isreal is one country I know that gets reported with this, generally 24 hours they are good to go when the ISP cache is updated.

effectively the launcher is like a web browser and for game version it downloads a file from manifest.swtor.com so can possibly approach the ISP to place this domain in the do not cache list

Reinstall in this instance will leave the game in the same state

VPN is one workaround until the cache updates as well

Edited by OwenBrooks

Most cases "your version of the game is different of the server", this is due to some form of ISP transparent proxying , isreal is one country I know that gets reported with this, generally 24 hours they are good to go when the ISP cache is updated.

effectively the launcher is like a web browser and for game version it downloads a file from manifest.swtor.com so can possibly approach the ISP to place this domain in the do not cache list

Reinstall in this instance will leave the game in the same state

VPN is one workaround until the cache updates as well

It isn't my country, i have never had this problem, and my friend that has played since pre launch, have never had this either (he updated normally).

I understand he is in the same country but does he use the same ISP ?

See this thread for example of Isreal ISP Bezeq International - Link they come good 24hrs after patch release

yea he uses the same ISP. am still downloading the game again... i gotta wait, i still have all the files, am gonna have 2 of everything i guess.

In that link the manifest being downloaded was an old copy, a re-install doesnt help in this case as the manifest used is wrong.

I cant say if a new download now will help, but before doing too much it is likely best waiting 24 hours and see if it comes good on its own.

if it doesnt come good make a post at EA Answers HQ

Is there a way to see all swtor files a person have?

cause I have assets, but it's downloading some main assets 254 and 253, as far as i know i never had those

Hello everyone,

Thanks to SWTOR technical support I can play the game now.

First of all, you MUST UPDATE your graphic card driver. Then follow thiose steps carefully:

Launcher cannot patch itself

To resolve this issue, we recommend following these steps exactly. If you do not follow the steps in this order, the file may not execute correctly:

Open your task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and ensure all SWTOR and Launcher processes have been shut down.

Go to http://cdn-patch.swtor.com/patch/LauncherRepairUtilityP1.8.2.exe. A window will open asking if you would like to save or run the file. Please select save.

If you're running Windows XP or Windows Vista - you may see a security warning at this point. Check here for more information.

The Launcher Repair Utility places the directory it is initially run in in the Destination Folder field by default. You can either move the .exe to the appropriate Game Install folder (see default locations below), or change the information within the Utility after it is run. Default locations:

For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\

For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\

Once you have placed the file in the appropriate location, run the application. If you have chosen to update the Directory Folder within the Utility, run the application and update the information.

Choose Install, and let it complete.

Once the installation is complete, please try launching the game again.

Here's the link : https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-launcher-troubleshooting-guide/

I hope it will help.