Question after seeing 5.1

Shwarzchild

From what I can tell we can not trade in previous tier gear for the next tier? That seems unfortunate. So example if I am wearing a 236 earpiece I can not use that earpiece to upgrade to the 242 ear using the current piece along with command tokens? That seems counter intuitive, no?

Also, weeklies do not award gear components? That seems like an oversight, no?

From what I can tell we can not trade in previous tier gear for the next tier? That seems unfortunate. So example if I am wearing a 236 earpiece I can not use that earpiece to upgrade to the 242 ear using the current piece along with command tokens? That seems counter intuitive, no?

Also, weeklies do not award gear components? That seems like an oversight, no?

That has to be bugged, how can you get the pieces needed to upgrade if the old ones won't work, T1 won't ever drop again for a T2 player.

Gear components are only for the elite raiders.

Edited by Foambreaker

That has to be bugged, how can you get the pieces needed to upgrade if the old ones won't work, T1 won't ever drop again for a T2 player.

I hope it's just a simple bug, or some misunderstanding of where the correct vendor is or something. It would be extremely unreal if you had been lucky enough to grab a 236 piece along the way, but then have to rebuy the 230 version to get the 236 version...that you already have....just to upgrade to the 242 version. That makes no sense.

Also, while I do appreciate you responding with your opinion, and help and all that. Gear components drop in GSF/PvP. Not operations so elite raiders don't need to be singled out here. The actual unembarrassed gear pieces (not the components) drop from the last boss of operations.

The actual unembarrassed gear pieces (not the components) drop from the last boss of operations.

Oh they're plenty embarrassed. The 5.x New Gearing Experience has been one disaster after another.

Sorry, not sorry ;)

Edited by PlasmaJohn

No, it's not bugged. It's working exactly as they told us it would work. See here: http://dulfy.net/2017/01/23/swtor-patch-5-1-gearing-guide/

You can't turn in a gear piece to get another piece. You need an Unassembled Gear Piece, which can only be attained from two sources: operations drops and warzones (via Unassembled Components).

If you want to gear up and you don't want to run operations or warzones, you'll just have to play the RNG Galactic Command Crate game.

Thanks for the replies, all.

I must say. This isn't what I thought it was going to be when I saw it on "paper".

On paper it seemed straight forward. Maybe I'm just living in denial-ville or something. It just doesn't seem like, in practice, this is what's necessary to help ease the problems with Galactic Command gearing. For instance not being able to turn in pieces you already have to upgrade is nonsense (in my opinion). Not having weeklies grant gear components seems like nonsense again.

At the end of the day the problems with galactic command (i.e the loot tables are far too large, there's too many levels of gear involved at too many different "colors") aren't eased at all with this. It's just....meh...looks good on paper...doesn't look nearly as good in practice. It's sloppier than I imagined it was going to be.

Actually you can turn in your gear pieces at PvP vendors with Unassembled Components to get a new token. PvE gear never had a direct path for upgrades like this, so I guess they didn't provide it here either.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.