The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Patch Notes Clarification

So 5.1 Patchnotes were just released...

Every other boss in an Operation has a chance to drop any gear slot’s token.

To me this means only half the bosses drop loot (as opposed 'all other', distinguishing them from the last which is assured to drop 2 items)... this is different than what they've previously stated.

Is this a way to keep SnV from getting overrun (and 1st boss farms) or just poor word choice?

Thanks!

To me, the Patch Notes read like they wanted to explain the new system as simple as possible, so they left out a few of the finer details and posted them via forum threads instead.

I'm still wondering that the Patch Notes mention:

Players can turn Unassembled Components into a PvP vendor with a Valor requirement to get an Unassembled Gear piece.
while there is nothing on a Valor rank requirement in the forum threads. We'll see tomorrow I guess. Edited by Jerba

To me, the Patch Notes read like they wanted to explain the new system as simple as possible, so they left out a few of the finer details and posted them via forum threads instead.

I'm still wondering that the Patch Notes mention:while there is nothing on a Valor rank requirement in the forum threads. We'll see tomorrow I guess.

Yeah I believe that is the case. The Valor one is weird as I feel like I've heard that before from somewhere maybe a stream. I dunno shall see.

Edit I feel like the other boss statement is missing a previous line about the final bosses as in the current context the sentence just hangs there

Ok edit: I see it and its poor wording:

New item: Unassembled Gear Pieces. These can be turned in with the new legacy-wide Command Token currency for specific pieces of gear. Unassembled Gear pieces are a guaranteed drop from the last boss of each Operation, and specific pieces drop for bosses, so players can go after an item for a specific gear slot.

Command Tokens can be earned by opening Command Crates, and players will be retroactively granted Command Tokens based on their current Command Rank.

Every other boss in an Operation has a chance to drop any gear slot’s token. Bosses that are later in an Operation have a higher drop rate than those before them.

Too me it seems the sentence about the other bosses is referring to the first one about final bosses. It seems it's a case of poor writing.

Edited by FerkWork

Well, I almost never post in these forums but 'a chance of dropping unassembled tokens' seems to be no chance at all!

I ran two hard mode (veteran) ops last night and the only bosses that dropped anything were the last ones.

If the chance is so remote as to be worthless it will be people selling lockouts to the final bosses in NIm (master) mode again!

Well, I almost never post in these forums but 'a chance of dropping unassembled tokens' seems to be no chance at all!

I ran two hard mode (veteran) ops last night and the only bosses that dropped anything were the last ones.

If the chance is so remote as to be worthless it will be people selling lockouts to the final bosses in NIm (master) mode again!

I just pugged one DF HM to see the drops and we got 2 236 OHs on NEfra and then Boots on last boss, which are 100% drop. I didnt bother to go do any other ops.

I just pugged one DF HM to see the drops and we got 2 236 OHs on NEfra and then Boots on last boss, which are 100% drop. I didnt bother to go do any other ops.

we did TC HM, and it dropped, 4 unassembled: 2 iokath bracers and 2 eternal bracers. we run EV HM , and it dropped 2 eternal belts, on 1st boss, and imppant+earpice on soa. KP only dropped in last boss.

rng is a *****

ned to try out nefra nim tonite thou, because reasons

Edited by Threjyan