Need Help

Sephiryth

Yesterday I did a server transfer for one character. I have yet to be able to log in on the designated server (Harbinger). I can log into my other toons there and on other servers just fine. It just happens to be the one I spent CC on for the transfer.

The load screen bar stops at half way while the circular icon on the right spins. But it gets no where fast. I have reset my router and modem, restarted my PC, and not sure what more to do.

I have sent a ticket in to CS for what good that will do. Almost 24 hours later not a peep from them. So, I call upon my fellow warriors out there with any solutions for help.

If it's only happening on one character, the one you transferred, and not the others, I really can't think of anything to suggest.

When you look at the My Account -> transfer, does it show as being transferred? I vaguely remember folks seeing some sort of error on occasion on that page.

We've got folks here bragging about overloading staff with tickets so don;t expect a quick response either I;m afraid.

You can try calling them. Technically I would call that an account issue although I don;t recall them having access to transfer information.

https://help.ea.com/en-nz/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-support/

Having said all that, I am noticing a lot of issues with pageload here and on the EA site currently. That's probably on my end since the library's proxy appears to be having issues once again but it may also be on their end.

edit: Please consider editing the title of your threads to something like "Problem with character transfer". That way folks who do use the search can find your thread. Everyone who posts here needs some sort of help, some more than others. ;)

Edited by dr_mike

I transferred several characters ( in strongholds at the time) right before the sale ended. No problems resulting from that.

The first reply had some good advice (checking the account info at swtor.com to see if the transfer completed correctly). Also, call CS for faster responses. I have had good results sending in tickets, but they can take around a week sometimes.

Regardless, you should be able to log into a server even if you don't have a character there, so it sounds like something else is wrong (unless you mean just on that character).

Edited by BRKMSN

I appreciate you folks coming out to help. I gave CS a jingle. Turns out there is a known bug (was totally unknown to me and my pals) that if you do xfer a toon while they are in their stronghold, it causes the hiccup I was having. After a lengthy phone conversation and bounced from person to person, they got it fixed. Everything is right as rain now.

Thanks again everyone