The Knight expansions have unique story for each class?

The_Lost_Bean

There is only one unified story in KotFE and KotET.

Nods to your class stories are few and far between, and playing as a tech class often feels ridiculous.

I've done KotFE three times (Jedi Knight, Imperial Agent, then Jedi Knight again during the Dark vs Light event to unlock the Chiss Jedi companion) and KotET once (my main Jedi Knight).

Many express disappointment that playing as an Inquisitor also feels like you've taken a massive power drain because of cut-scene incompetence, the inability to zap people in conversations, and

the complete absence of the ghosts

Replayability of KotFE and KotET is practically non-existent.

Also, playing Dark Side through KotFE feels like the game is deliberately punishing you, even if it does make some sense that choosing stupid evil will result in people deciding they hate you. There's only one choice in the whole of KotFE and KotET that I remember punishing Light instead of Dark, and that's towards the end of KotET's chapter 7 - choose Light there and you get a much harder time of the penultimate boss in 9.

So tech classes are suddenly infused with Valkorians power and become force users or something? Does this mean that the expansion doesn't have any real replayability other than to make different choices?

There are lots of branch points, some of which make more significant changes than others. (There are choices to kill or let die companions, to recruit potential companions or to kill them, to annoy them so they leave in a galaxy-sized huff, etc.)

The recent two expansions have almost NO class replayability (Some chapters like chapter 10 or 11 have more varied dialouge for certain classes but that's it)

It's also the worst story of the game in general.

Ah and you will never see unique class stories ever again after that point.

The replay value of KOtFE and KOTET is extremely low. It's good to do twice, once for dark and the other for light, but other than that, it really tries your patience and loses entertainment value very quickly. This un-replayability is perpetuated by the fact that they have now offered us the ability to do the content all over again to grind for CXP.

I'm sure a small amount of people love this option but it's certainly not for me.

In the future, I would gladly take less chapters if they were class specific. Even if it was just a Smuggler Story released in February for one chapter and then a chapter in March focusing on Bounty Hunter and so on and so forth.

We have really lost all class identity and the preceding storylines mean nothing.

I really hope they think through how they wish to move forward. I don't want to be the "Outlander":

I want to be the Grand Champion of the Great Hunt and hunt down targets for vast amounts of credits.

I want to be the Empire's Wrath, hunting down and killing all of her enemies foreign and domestic.

I want to be the Sith Dark Council member who schemes and maneuvers to greater heights of power and galactic control.

I want to be the free agent Cypher who uses their skills to advance their own goals and conspires against great unknown entities.

I want to be the Battle Master of the Jedi Order protecting the Republic from the evils of the galaxy.

I want to be the Jedi Order's Barsen'thor, the most powerful Jedi in centuries seeking new knowledge and guard the republic.

I want to be a high ranking trooper taking the fight to the front lines against the Sith Empire.

I want to be the greatest Smuggler in the galaxy, running blockades and making a quick buck selling my own mother.

BIOWARE GIVE US BACK OUR IDENTITIES!!!! :confused:

Mmm I see.

I came across Aric Jorgan in charge of Havoc Squad during the earlier chapters in KOTFE, so I figured the Trooper would have some sort of story to go with it, but I guess not.

So then after finishing the Eternal expansions with my Jedi Knight, I just run it again on my Inquisitor to see both sides then?