Made my main level 68 item level 228 gear - now what?

panjakrejn

As you may have seen from my other post, I've been gearing up my main (Sith Marauder) with the highest level purple gear that I have been crafting along the way.

He just hit 68, so I made him all new purple mods, augments, etc. Now as far as I can see, there's nothing left I can craft him that is any better?

The (to me) hilarious truth is that since I have been taking my time with this Mara, since I have been doing every mission I can find (normal *and* Heroic) on every planet I get to as well as uncovering the map for each planet - well, I am only now just starting chapter 2 of the main story line. That's right, I got to level 68 before I got to chapter 2!! lol

Now I apparently have many chapters and planets to go, and I am not in a rush, rather, I want to savor them. But once my Mara hits 70 (the final level, yes?) what are my options, if any, to craft him even better gear?

Before you answer that question, I think you really need to know one thing: I only want to solo, not interested in ever grouping up for any reason on any mission or content.

I am guessing this eliminates raids and other similar content, which is fie by me. After eliminating all things I would have to group for, is there anything left for me to work on to craft (or acquire) better gear than the level 68/228 gear I just made for this Mara?

Thanks.

As you may have seen from my other post, I've been gearing up my main (Sith Marauder) with the highest level purple gear that I have been crafting along the way.

He just hit 68, so I made him all new purple mods, augments, etc. Now as far as I can see, there's nothing left I can craft him that is any better?

The (to me) hilarious truth is that since I have been taking my time with this Mara, since I have been doing every mission I can find (normal *and* Heroic) on every planet I get to as well as uncovering the map for each planet - well, I am only now just starting chapter 2 of the main story line. That's right, I got to level 68 before I got to chapter 2!! lol

Now I apparently have many chapters and planets to go, and I am not in a rush, rather, I want to savor them. But once my Mara hits 70 (the final level, yes?) what are my options, if any, to craft him even better gear?

Before you answer that question, I think you really need to know one thing: I only want to solo, not interested in ever grouping up for any reason on any mission or content.

I am guessing this eliminates raids and other similar content, which is fie by me. After eliminating all things I would have to group for, is there anything left for me to work on to craft (or acquire) better gear than the level 68/228 gear I just made for this Mara?

Thanks.

Yes, there is. At lvl 70 you start galactic command. With each command lvl you get a crate that can SOMETIMES give you better gear or 230 schematics After 90 comand lvls (not the same as your lvl, that get max at 70) you get to 234/236 gear and after 180(i think?) 240/242. 240 Would be the max you can craft.

Now for 230+ Gear if you only solo, you will have problems getting the Mats. You will need to do some PvP and Conquest to get them if you don't do group PvE content.

But since you are on chapter 2, lvl sync will make your better gear practically pointless for a lot of time. With 228 you can end the story to the end of KOTET without issues.

Thanks.

Short Answer: there is better than 228 to be crafted.

Longer answer: once you hit level 70 you open up "Galactic Command" (GC) and "Command XP" (CXP). With each Command Level (CL) you are awarded Command Crate that contain a number of possible items:

• Armor shells - empty orange quality armor (mainly for appearance)
  • reputation tokens
  • jawa scrap
  • moddable/adaptive armor with item modifications - if these item modifications are PURPLE you can rip them out and RE them for schematics (green, blue, and yellow are NOT REable for schematics)
  • and character armor and weapon slot schematics - these are adaptive but non-moddable gear pieces that can be crafted (any slot in the character sheet).

The way to get better item modification schematics is to run Operations.

• SM Ops bosses drop rating 230 schematics
  • HM Ops bosses drop rating 234 schematics
  • NiM Ops bosses drop rating 240 schematics

The BEST gear available is rating 242 which is yellow/legendary quality and ONLY drops from command crates Next week with 5.1 NiM Ops bosses will have a chance to drop 242 gear I think.

Short Answer: there is better than 228 to be crafted.

Longer answer: once you hit level 70 you open up "Galactic Command" (GC) and "Command XP" (CXP). With each Command Level (CL) you are awarded Command Crate that contain a number of possible items:

• Armor shells - empty orange quality armor (mainly for appearance)
  • reputation tokens
  • jawa scrap
  • moddable/adaptive armor with item modifications - if these item modifications are PURPLE you can rip them out and RE them for schematics (green, blue, and yellow are NOT REable for schematics)
  • and character armor and weapon slot schematics - these are adaptive but non-moddable gear pieces that can be crafted (any slot in the character sheet).

The way to get better item modification schematics is to run Operations.

• SM Ops bosses drop rating 230 schematics
  • HM Ops bosses drop rating 234 schematics
  • NiM Ops bosses drop rating 240 schematics

The BEST gear available is rating 242 which is yellow/legendary quality and ONLY drops from command crates Next week with 5.1 NiM Ops bosses will have a chance to drop 242 gear I think.

And you can easily solo these missions? (As you may have seen, I included a note in the OP that I only solo.)

Ops cannot be done solo.

After next week update to get the best gear, your chances as SOLO player will be RND from crates (just like now) or PvP + tokens:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=909798

Without PvP or Ops it will be very difficult to get all bonus sets. You need a lot of luck as you get repeats. Some people from 4 set gear they got, 3 were the same. And it cannot be traded.

OK, so what this says to me is that as a solo PvE'er, the final gear IS the level 68/228 gear - that is the end of the game for me. All I need to do then is get my character to 70, complete any story chapters (that are solo) and then that character is completely finished and it's time to start a new one.

Does Knights of the Fallen Empire or Knights of the Eternal Throne add any post 70 content for people who only solo and PvE?

Ok, I think you may be misunderstanding. Since you said you only do solo i'm going to only focus on those things. Once your character hits level 70, you start to level something call galactic command GC (this starts at level 1 and goes to level 300). Finishing story missions, doing heroics, and solo flashpoints will earn you experience points towards GC. GC has three tiers: tier 1 (level 1-90), tier 2 (level 91-179), and tier 3 (level 180-300), I may be off a little on these numbers. You get 1 crate for each level and each crate will contain gear dependent on the tier and a possible schematic, also depended on the tier. For example you reach GC level 2 (tier 1), you will get 1 piece of gear 228 or 230 with chance for bonus set and the chance to get a schematic for 230 gear. Another example: you reach level 181 (tier 3) you get a crate that will have 1 piece of gear 240 or 242 with the chance of a bonus set and you could also get a schematic for 242 gear. So doing only solo stuff the highest gear you could get is 242 with bonus set if you are willing to grind enough. Doing group content will give a lot more GC experience but the solo content will also give some GC xp.

And you can easily solo these missions? (As you may have seen, I included a note in the OP that I only solo.)

Apologies. I did not read that you were solo only.

So, as others have pointed out Galactic Command Levels and therefore command crates can be obtained solo. It will be slow, but possible.

Each crate WILL have a piece of gear that you MIGHT be able to rip out the item modifications and RE for schematics - the requirements are: #1 the item modifications MUST be purple (green, blue, and yellow will not work), #2 you must have the appropriate crafting skill: Cybertech for mods and enhancements, Synthweaving for Versatile Armorings, Armormech for Resistive Armorings.

Each crate MIGHT have a schematic you can use to learn to craft a piece of gear. They are 100% random. If you do not have the crafting skill to use them, or they are a duplicate of something you already have, they are vendor trash.

Each crate WILL have a piece of gear that you MIGHT be able to rip out the item modifications and RE for schematics

I'm quite sure I've had crates with one empty orange shell, one schematic, and one pile of (usually green) jawa tokens.

And sometimes a crate will drop four items, not just three.

Sounds like I need to start learning about the galactic command system and then decide if it's worthwhile for me to pursue solo. Thanks.

Unless they change the rate of accrual, you're gonna be stuck with killing gold mobs for 2CXP, Chamipons for 20 CXP.

Then there's chapters and ( sets of) dailies/heroics for approx. 300-500 CXP each. ( depending on the day, DvL and bonus)

Since each CXP level is around 3000 ( at early levels) and 5000 at tier 2-3 You'll be grinding a long time for the best gear- and have little use for it.

If you can bear to group up, PVP and GSF are two of the best for CXP- a winning match with plenty of medals can net over 1000 CXP in about 10-15 minutes, and are infinitely repeatable and provide exotic mats and Schematics.

-And if you can top your conquest goal too, those also provide shems and mats.

- Just letting you know - not telling you how to play, tho'

GL.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Thanks for the feedback. It seems you have all confirmed in practical terms that for a solo PvE-er, gear stop at 68/228. Grinding past that is possible, but it seems abundantly clear that the time/reward ratio is ridiculously off kilter.

Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback. It seems you have all confirmed in practical terms that for a solo PvE-er, gear stop at 68/228. Grinding past that is possible, but it seems abundantly clear that the time/reward ratio is ridiculously off kilter.

Thanks.

You can get a bit higher then 228. I don't know all the recipe requirements above 230 but for 230 gear you need the blue ingredient that you get from many things but for you could try veteran flash points. Some are very easy to solo and others are a bit of challenge but can be done with a high level companion.

I'm quite sure I've had crates with one empty orange shell, one schematic, and one pile of (usually green) jawa tokens.

And sometimes a crate will drop four items, not just three.

There is a bug where when you open a crate not all the pieces show up right away. I have encountered this as well, and the next time I open the crate interface the item is there.

Worth saying that, while some of the crafting items for 230+ crafting may only drop in group content, a lot of it doesn't bind, so habitual group-content players tend to auction it.

It will be costly, of course, but it will be available (and, personally, I've run out of other things to spend credits on, anyway).

Also, if you watch whether a command crate item is BOP, or not, you will find yourself amassing an increasingly useful array of schematics, since a schematic for a armormech crafter, may drop for your cybertech, or your synthweaver may get a biotech item, et cetera (assuming all your subsequent characters also craft, of course).

Flashpoint bosses also drop modest Command Point bonuses, as well, plus subquests give as many Command Points as the quest itself (including in weekly Heroics) so it's almost always more than just a bare 20/23 points, per quest.

Also, if you don't want an item in a Command Crate, you can disintegrate it regenerating further Command Points towards your next level/crate.

Edited by Meradeces

Thanks.

Considering you are doing every single quest you can find than can be done solo, i will say that by the time you get no more missions to do without repeat you will have several command lvls.

You still have:

* Finish class story

* Some Planets Story Arc (on the planets that you did not play yet)

* Heroics (on those planets)

* Flashponits

* Illum Story

* Makeb

* Section X

* Oricon

* Black Hole

* SOR

* KOTET

* KOTFE

* And more that i'm missing

Every single one of those things will give you CXP. Every time you complete a mission or a big portion of one and you see the windows that gives you Exp, Credits and usually an item; that window instead of regular Exp will give you at least 20 CXP once you get to lvl 70.

It is much slower than PvP or Uprising, but still something.

EDIT: Once you get lvl 70, before you do the heroics in one planet, first use your galactic command windows (crtl+G) and start looking for the planetary mission corresponding to the planet you are on. That is an "extra mission" that gives you 450 CXP for doing X number of heroics in that planet.

Edited by Balameb

EDIT: Once you get lvl 70, before you do the heroics in one planet, first use your galactic command windows (crtl+G) and start looking for the planetary mission corresponding to the planet you are on. That is an "extra mission" that gives you 450 CXP for doing X number of heroics in that planet.

How do I get it to give you missions for the planet I'm on? It says Alderan, I'm on Quesh.

If you are only solo-ing, you do not need better gear than what you currently have, unless you intend to switch to veteran mode., and even so , all you need is a level 30+ healer companion; and since you are doing all missions, just use the companion you ant to solo with and you can level it up from conversations (cutscences) Darkside Jaesa Willsaam is perfect if your are doing Darkside and Vette or Light side Jasea is good for LS choices.

TL;DR 228 (rating) augmented gear and 30+ influence comp more than sufficient for solo-ing

I've actually been using Vette in healer mode - I have a thing for Vette - and I've leveled her to 50 for crafting purposes anyways, so she heals very well. :)

Lvl 50 companions rocks :cool:

Good mission and craft results and excelent healers.

Vette is a very funny companion to have also, i love her.

Only problem you will have is that usually high lvl companion generate too much more aggro than you and mobs will ignore you so you will have to chase them with a ranged comp as Vette.

Ah, Quesh does not HAVE heroic missions, so that won't work. Need to do it on a Heroic Mission Planet, and recycle Planetary Missions until it comes up.

Yes. I f some planet does not have Heroics or Dailys it won't pop on Planetary missions. Also, starting planets (like korriban) do not appear in GC window as far as i know.

Now, you don't have to actually be in the planet before using the GC planetary rotation. You can be anyware and it will teleport you to the Heroic Mission Terminal. For example, you are too engaged in your story and don't want to stop to do the heroics, then don't stop. Continue to your mission as you please and when you want just start looking for the planet you want to go back.

Only problem you will have is that usually high lvl companion generate too much more aggro than you and mobs will ignore you so you will have to chase them with a ranged comp as Vette.

Yep, making liberal use of my jump attack thingy, but that's fine. She's a healer/tank! ;p

You can get a bit higher then 228. I don't know all the recipe requirements above 230 but for 230 gear you need the blue ingredient that you get from many things but for you could try veteran flash points. Some are very easy to solo and others are a bit of challenge but can be done with a high level companion.

Black Talon and Esseles are easy to solo on Veteran, and give 2 Refined Istotope Stabilisers each. BT will *also* get you in excess of 850 CXP. (It's at least 862 without any boosts, if you do the full bonus.)