Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Just reached L70 - Where to gear up?.

Dreez

All crates drop

1. a gear piece
  2. a cosmetic item
  3. jawa junk, rep token, companion gift or pet (it's possible I forgot something here)

and some crates drop an additional schematic.

Either you are bugged to hell, misremembering things or making stuff up.

This is my experience as well through 90 crates so far. Every single one has had a piece of gear. It may be green with 228s, but gear nonetheless.

All crates drop

1. a gear piece
  2. a cosmetic item
  3. jawa junk, rep token, companion gift or pet (it's possible I forgot something here)

and some crates drop an additional schematic.

Either you are bugged to hell, misremembering things or making stuff up.

The empty orange shell counts as a "gear piece"... Yes it is possible to not get any real gear at all... I have probably had about 15 or so boxes like this.

I pointed this out earlier... Someone said it was a known bug.. Well if it is, I got screwed out of gear because nowhere on the forums is it in big bold letters:KNOWN BUG - CLOSE AND REOPEN GC STASH AFTER EVERY CRATE... If this was such a known and game breaking bug, the devs SHOULD have said something. Today was actually the first day I had heard of it...

Edited by Psychopyro

No, they don't all have gear. And yes I look at each one before I disintegrate it. I have had Orange Shell, Jawa Junk and rep token, I have had Orange shell, jawa junk and companion gift, etc. Yes, those are empty shells. The gear drops are not every time, they aren't even most of the time.

I have always got one piece of gear (Not counting the orange shell) when I open a command box. While not all the gear is usable to me is another story, but I have always gotten a piece of gear (again not the orange shells)

As some people already pointed out at level 70 you get gear from the Galactic Command System. You are awarded CXP (command experience points) for most activities you do in game. Every time your GC rank increases you get a command crate with a gear piece (green, blue or purple - from tier II onward you can get Legendary too).

So what you need to do is farm CXP to increase your rank. As for Operations you can do Storymode ops with your guild as you get bolster and gear does not matter. However, ops is not that good cxp and you are better off farming an Uprising.

No, they don't all have gear. And yes I look at each one before I disintegrate it. I have had Orange Shell, Jawa Junk and rep token, I have had Orange shell, jawa junk and companion gift, etc. Yes, those are empty shells. The gear drops are not every time, they aren't even most of the time.

Sounds like you are bugged horribly. I know that you are not at all motivated to keep playing, but if you do get another crate and have zero gear pieces, try closing the window and then open the command stash. Don't claim or disintegrate anything. Just close and open command stash. That has worked for me every time I opened a crate and got zero gear pieces.

Yeah, this should have been fixed sooner and they really should have at least tried to get the word out, but we all know how awful at communication they are. So it's hardly surprising. They have told us from the beginning that every crate will drop a gear piece, but not everybody has the time to watch all the streams and read all the Dev posts. Again, they suck at communication.

Edited by teclado

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.