I Just wonder who the bright guy is....

CMoneyGB

That came up with the idea to alienate 90% of the customers by letting 10% in on day 1?

You're right. They should of accounted for the fact that so many people are whiny, spoiled, entitled brats. This is like being offered free cookies and then getting upset because the guy next to you got more chocolate chips in his.

You're right. They should of accounted for the fact that so many people are whiny, spoiled, entitled brats. This is like being offered free cookies and then getting upset because the guy next to you got more chocolate chips in his.

Actually, its more like you someone offered a free cookie to the guy next to you and gave you nothing.

And whoever he is, he should get a raise. It's a fantastic idea. You benefit those fanboys who pre-ordered the game immediately, while giving a reason for those on the fence to pre-order the game. At the same time, you make no commitment whatsoever that people are guaranteed any amount of early access beyond a single day. So they get to load the servers over time, minimize overtime pay, down time, angry customers etc. etc. etc. that is all experienced in every other non-tiered-launch MMO.

Definitely a genius move and he should receive a bonus for it.

Those who are complaining and whining now are the minority.

Edited by Syrch

Actually, its more like you someone offered a free cookie to the guy next to you and gave you nothing.

No. We're getting our "free cookie" tomorrow. Or the next day.

This, from my understand, was how it was always billed (except for when they said 5 days for CE and 3 days for everyone else). They even threw in an extra two days.

That thought it would be a good idea to alienate 90% of the customers by letting 10% in on day 1?

My money is a "techy guy" rather than a marketing guy... on the surface a perfectly logical rational decision but perhaps not the morally right decision...

Edited by Monsoon

That thought it would be a good idea to alienate 90% of the customers by letting 10% in on day 1?

90% of the customers? Do you think that the majority of players read the forums... or even visit them? Ignorance, as seen here, is not always bliss. I'm not even going to ask where you found 10%.

Edited by Rohvan

Do you seriously believe that the vocal minority presents 90% of customers?

A tiny minority is upset at not being invited, because they failed to read or comprehend the very clearly explained Early Game Access program... or somehow believed Bioware would make an exception in their case.

Wait a week, and they will almost all be busy playing the game... and be replaced by another tiny vocal minority raging about another illusory injustice.

Itkovian

This made me rofl. Nice analogy! *steals Jalem's cookie*:D