Do botters not get punished?

Jokeykilla

So do devs not ban botters? This guy has been on zakuul and darvannis for 3 days standing still while his companion teleports across the map collecting nodes. My friend and I stole what was inside the node and his companion started spinning rapidly then it teleported far away and back a few mins later. Either I am in the dark on the way companions work now since I am a returning player or this guy is botting.

Edit: It turns out their character is the one teleporting its not invisibility because he is moving way faster than a mount. I am sorry if this is in the wrong place as I am kind of new to the forums.

http://i.imgur.com/J1Nyaxf.jpg

Edited by Jokeykilla

Well see.. it works like this:

A) someone or multiple someones need to report the suspect... because the studio cannot and does not have server wide surveillance of players 7/24 (and personally I'm glad they don't).

B) after the report(s) is received... then their security team has to actually investigate... and determine is this a bot, or just a player who loves to mindlessly do the same things over and over again.

C) based on the findings of the investigation, action is taken as appropriate to their policies on botting.

Note: they will never confirm back to the reporting party if there was a ToS/EULA violation, nor what if any action they may have taken.

If you look at the above objectively... it is very likely that nothing happens within a few days. And in fact, they have shown a rather common studio propensity to put suspicious characters under surveillance and see if they can follow a trail to a larger ring of ToS/EULA violators and do a wider ban.

Our job is to report suspicious behavior and then move on and let the security team do what they do.

Edited by Andryah

So do devs not ban botters? This guy has been on zakuul and darvannis for 3 days standing still while his companion teleports across the map collecting nodes. My friend and I stole what was inside the node and his companion started spinning rapidly then it teleported far away and back a few mins later. Either I am in the dark on the way companions work now since I am a returning player or this guy is botting.

Edit: It turns out their character is the one teleporting its not invisibility because he is moving way faster than a mount. I am sorry if this is in the wrong place as I am kind of new to the forums.

http://i.imgur.com/J1Nyaxf.jpg

It's a stealth hack. I'm assuming it is a stealth class doing it. They are also using a speed/teleport hack to move around the map.

Go to the link in my signature and read up on how to report cheaters, which includes bots.

But it may take awhile for them to ban the bot, I've seen some bots be active for months and not be banned. Just remember if they do ban it, there will be another back doing the same thing within days. These bots are run by credit farmers who sell the credits. So they don't care if the toon or account gets banned, they just start another.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I've reported 2 bots that gather lockboxes 24/7 on Harbinger

I've reported them 4 times over the past 10 months, each time getting my ticket closed with nothing more than the standard copy/paste reply.

The bots are still there.

BW does not care about botting, or hacking for that matter, considering the amount of hacking that goes on in solo ranked.

All they care about is that you keep buying your CXP boosters and Cartel packs.

The management in this game is a joke.