A Break from Zakuul in the Next Expansion

Xo-Lara

In the next expansion, could you please move from the Zakuul focus back to original the planets we were given? I personally would like to see more interesting stories added to the 1-50 planets that tell a bit more about what's going on there and make use of the vast spaces.

I would rather see pre KOTFE stories, but even post KOTET stories would be nice. It's not that I didn't like parts of the expansion stories, I definitely liked the format, but it just kinda broke my willing suspension of disbelief too many times. I think smaller scale stories would go well since there won't be any need for the story to further justify/squeeze in special snowflake-ness.

Also, I think it would be better to scale back on the "epic"ness of the story regardless of where it goes from here. As it stands, it's going to pretty hard to explain the Outlander struggling to get control of anything after killing Mr "can you unravel all that I have wrought." I mean he sucessfully ran two empires to the extent he intended to. What he set up destroyed two major galactic players. Not to mention, he cheated death more than a little.

I just feel that by killing him and his family off at this point, the story made one of two problems storywise. Either the Commander became too powerful too fast or there was nothing but plot armor carrying the commander through the story. There's going to be so much fridge logic every time I have to imagine that something is a credible threat to my commander. Either the commander should be able to squash it immediately or my Commander's success through the last bit of story makes no sense.

If we continue right on the heels of KOTET's story though, I hope the story turns to working with or against various factions to put the galaxy back on its feet. There's actually even a chance to, in a sense, reset the clock after that. The commander gets things working again, the republic and sith empire recover enough to start hating each other again, then things can reset. Your character can take a side, try to fix things to a more neutral state, try to shut those two powers down, or take a break from galactic clean up and pursue a different path.

My sorcerer would like a chance to grind both the empire and republic under her heel. She's never been a fan of the empire and so therefore her becoming Empress of the Alliance actually fits her story.

Giving her a choice to staying where she is would be a good for her as she would not want to return to the empire nor is she a fan of the republic.

I always tend to roleplay with imagination instead of trying to follow what everyone else does. There are already hundreds or thousands of empire characters that are on the Dark Council or etc. Having something different is nice for a change.

Edited by casirabit

I'm fine with Zakuul, the Eternal Empire, and Eternal Alliance being in the next expansion, as long as I can Death Star Zakuul, wipe out the Eternal Empire, take over the Sith Empire (Sorcerer main), and absorb the Alliance into it. I would also melt down all of their ships and weapons and then create Imperial weapons instead.

I really, really, really hate the art style/culture for Zakuul and the Eternal Empire. I wish they were never in the game. I would gladly accept the opportunity to remove any trace of their existence from the galaxy.

This is probably more extreme than what the OP wants, but I thought I would share it anyway.

In my no-way-will-they-do-this vision of events, SWTOR embraces the generational nature of the Star Wars epic, and the next expansion somehow advances the timeline to focus on the "heirs" - whether literal or figurative - of the Outlander. I mean, obviously, it won't happen, but a boy can dream.

I love Zakuul's art style actually. It's very 20s Art Deco. But the direction the story went kinda leaves me hanging. I don't mind the empire and republic working together but there is not one of my characters that would have decided to

become Empress. Not to mention I just sorta didn't expect to jump right to killing all of the Big Bads at once.