The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

anyone remember pre 3.0 ap?

tavrinDosa

It was mostly what we would consider Pyrotech today with a few abilities still inherent to the class remaining. For PvE it was one of the lowest parsing Specs by the time of 2.8. Mind is fuzzy here but there was the cleave in PvP I believe. My PT was only Tank back then lel. Edited by FerkWork

It was mostly what we would consider Pyrotech today with a few abilities still inherent to the class remaining. For PvE it was one of the lowest parsing Specs by the time of 2.8. Mind is fuzzy here but there was the cleave in PvP I believe. My PT was only Tank back then lel.

It wasn't really that similar to what Pyro is now, the major difference is that it wasn't a dot class (it had one rather weak dot) and prototype flamethrower actually did good damage, this being before the massive waves of mobility buffs so the slow on it was actually useful, at least for pvp. Then they decided retroactively that Pyro should be a dot class and nerfed the hell out of flamethrower damage, moving everything with a fire animation to the right tree.

RIP Flamethrower