The Blaster Grit

Balthen

I was a founder years ago. About a month after release, I stopped playing because the new World of Warcraft expansion came out, and I never came back to this game, until now. The cinematic for the new expansion intrigued me, and I've been steady playing for the last month and a half.

I decided I wanted to catch up on some of the old items in prior cartel packs. So I went and bought 85 Grand Weapon packs. I went and opened them. Mostly bronze weapons, but ones I didn't have. Cool. I got some silver ones I didn't have too. Even better. But then, during opening, one pack shakes a lot. Yes, the shake of a gold or platinum item. The icon for it shows up on the bottom. Platinum! I'm excited now! Either it is one I don't have, or one I have which I can sell for good money and get something I do want.

Finally the image of the item becomes clear. The blaster Grit.

The blaster Grit?

I went out to Duffy, there is no such item listed. I did a search on Google. No results. I went and looked on the GTN of the four servers I have characters on. No one is selling Grit. I went and looked in collections, no Grit listed.

What the heck is Grit?

I dont want to pull it out and bind it, because it isn't listed in collections yet, so if it is a yet to be released item for a future pack, and I bind it now, there is a chance it won't become as collected when it does get released. But has anyone heard of this item?

I was a founder years ago. About a month after release, I stopped playing because the new World of Warcraft expansion came out, and I never came back to this game, until now. The cinematic for the new expansion intrigued me, and I've been steady playing for the last month and a half.

I decided I wanted to catch up on some of the old items in prior cartel packs. So I went and bought 85 Grand Weapon packs. I went and opened them. Mostly bronze weapons, but ones I didn't have. Cool. I got some silver ones I didn't have too. Even better. But then, during opening, one pack shakes a lot. Yes, the shake of a gold or platinum item. The icon for it shows up on the bottom. Platinum! I'm excited now! Either it is one I don't have, or one I have which I can sell for good money and get something I do want.

Finally the image of the item becomes clear. The blaster Grit.

The blaster Grit?

I went out to Duffy, there is no such item listed. I did a search on Google. No results. I went and looked on the GTN of the four servers I have characters on. No one is selling Grit. I went and looked in collections, no Grit listed.

What the heck is Grit?

I don't want to pull it out and bind it, because it isn't listed in collections yet, so if it is a yet to be released item for a future pack, and I bind it now, there is a chance it won't become as collected when it does get released. But has anyone heard of this item?

It's an incredibly rare gun that use to be on a vendor on the fleet. It was only purchasable with if you had rank with those certain packs (I don't remember if it also required certs or not.)

Those few named weapons are so rare, that it is very hard to ever find one listed on the GTN. You will often go weeks, or months without seeing one. They command a premium price, and yes it is in collections under weapons.

Also, on a side note. Part of the rarity is cause people assumed the vendor would always be there, so they would just pick it up later. Well, the devs removed the vendor completely in one of the old patches, but didn't give people much of a heads up.

Edited by Darkside

No results? Not even with:

swtor blaster pistol grit

I mean, I found this as first result in Google:

http://torf.mmo-fashion.com/grit/

I did "Star Wars the Old Republic Grit" and got lots of articles last night about abilities but no dulfy or mm-fashion links at the time listings (except maybe the SWTOR Esstran Exports link). I would have to assume since I posted this, other pages are coming up in relevancy now in google.

Part of the rarity is cause people assumed the vendor would always be there, so they would just pick it up later. Well, the devs removed the vendor completely in one of the old patches, but didn't give people much of a heads up.

What, when did that happen? The vendor was there just recently (when they had the 50% discount in the collections). I spent some of the remaining cartel certificates that I still have. Love the named weapons.

What, when did that happen? The vendor was there just recently (when they had the 50% discount in the collections). I spent some of the remaining cartel certificates that I still have. Love the named weapons.

Sorry, I was a little vague. So they removed the vendors, but people rage'd, and they brought some of the vendors back within the week of that patch, but only with some of the items. Now however, any of the named weapons, and some of the armors bought off of the vendors will not unlock in collections. Only the pack dropped versions can be unlocked in collections, but with their platinum drop rate, they are stupid rare to come across on the gtn.

Edited by Darkside