Gharj enrage timer too quick for story mode.

Tell your guild to DPS more?

This. Gharj is definitely doable nowadays, but because we aren't in top tier gear right now, our gear can't cover our shortcomings. If your guild is hitting enrage on Gharj (either SM or HM), then the fact is that your guild needs to improve before it does that content. My guild which (with the exception of myself who raids with another group) is certainly not a hardcore raiding guild was able to do Gharj without a problem the day after the expansion dropped. So you guys just need to improve your raid skills, probably both dps and raid awareness in general (i.e. less standing in stupid means the healers can dps. Also, I guess you can 5 dps it as well if you really can't get past it).

Protip: Have your guildies install starparse, and create a guild raid channel. Once you look at it, I'll be that you will find that it is only 1 or 2 people who are really not pulling their weight (i.e. pulling 1k dps over the entire fight). And that way you will know who it is that you need to work with to improve.

Please note that in the earlier operation, mostly EV but to an extent even KP, the setup only includes one tank and instead an extra DPS. For example, Jarg&Sorno and to a degree, Fabricator are the only two bosses in both operations where you might require a 2nd tank if your group is inexperienced and maybe a bit uncomfortable with their abilities.

Yeah there is that famous Titan 6 video on forums somewhere, he enraged on SM at 40% i think.

Was probably the SM group I was healing the other day. Titan 6 enraged at 40%. Also, I had aggro every time on the adds even with a guard on me. I tried running them under the boss but the off-tank would taunt them and bring them back to the middle like an imbecile. Anyway, I told the other healer to DPS while I DPS and heal so we could get it done. Had to solo heal Styrak and DPS at the same time to down him too because the group couldn't kill Styrak in the Manifestation phases.

So you guys just need to improve your raid skills, probably both dps and raid awareness in general (i.e. less standing in stupid means the healers can dps. Also, I guess you can 5 dps it as well if you really can't get past it).

Protip: Have your guildies install starparse, and create a guild raid channel. Once you look at it, I'll be that you will find that it is only 1 or 2 people who are really not pulling their weight (i.e. pulling 1k dps over the entire fight). And that way you will know who it is that you need to work with to improve.

This is essentially the best advice to a player or guild looking to explore Operations content.

That said, as much as I admit my first reaction to a group wiping in EV to an enrage timer is to smirk a tiny bit - a more objective view would be to say it's a good indicator of something I've said many, many times. Operations really need to be 4-tiered in this game.

I think most players that regularly consume Operations content - both currently and historically - would say they are pretty well done but poorly tuned. And the overarching structure of Ops play in this game is dated, at best. There is no LFR. There is no Flex. There is no ability to rerun content if players are willing to forego rewards, to assist their guild.

If the structure of operations was more modernized, and player-friendly, the content would see a lot more play.

OP is describing the main justification for a 4-tier system. "Story Mode" is poorly developed. This game needs a true "Story" level, one without enrage timers, inconsequential mechanics etc. What we have is an amalgam.

WoW's LFR is a better example of what this mode ought to be. A literal button-mashing lolstomp. Without such a mode, there's really no effective way to incorporate a logical bridge into the harder-mode difficulties.

Beyond "Story" there should be normal/hard/NM for the players that truly want to explore more deeply, and more seriously.

Right now the floor has to be set low enough to let groups like OP's complete it, which makes the difficulty jumps into higher difficulty content too wide. That the studio went to a two-tier model, rather than expanding to four, defies logic.

This is essentially the best advice to a player or guild looking to explore Operations content.

That said, as much as I admit my first reaction to a group wiping in EV to an enrage timer is to smirk a tiny bit - a more objective view would be to say it's a good indicator of something I've said many, many times. Operations really need to be 4-tiered in this game.

I think most players that regularly consume Operations content - both currently and historically - would say they are pretty well done but poorly tuned. And the overarching structure of Ops play in this game is dated, at best. There is no LFR. There is no Flex. There is no ability to rerun content if players are willing to forego rewards, to assist their guild.

If the structure of operations was more modernized, and player-friendly, the content would see a lot more play.

OP is describing the main justification for a 4-tier system. "Story Mode" is poorly developed. This game needs a true "Story" level, one without enrage timers, inconsequential mechanics etc. What we have is an amalgam.

WoW's LFR is a better example of what this mode ought to be. A literal button-mashing lolstomp. Without such a mode, there's really no effective way to incorporate a logical bridge into the harder-mode difficulties.

Beyond "Story" there should be normal/hard/NM for the players that truly want to explore more deeply, and more seriously.

Right now the floor has to be set low enough to let groups like OP's complete it, which makes the difficulty jumps into higher difficulty content too wide. That the studio went to a two-tier model, rather than expanding to four, defies logic.

Well, wouldn't say best advice considering your healers should never be tasked to DPS because the DPS is low. The problem is DPS. The DPS need to practice their rotation. Practicing on a dummy is the best advice.

Edited by Renata_Roselli

When running EV with my guild we wiped a couple times when Gharj hit enrage around 5%, he enrages around the last platform.

Haven't done SM since 5.0 but I remember the enrage times are above 5 minutes (even on HM) so you can pop raid buffs at start and then again near the end (if needed). Also with those timers usually you can use 2 adrenals, again one at start and one at the end of fight. Even the tank can use some power adrenals to make a risible but useful extra dps.

Btw on Gharj every two jumps he does knockback to the ranged dps, so timing and geting closer its a time saving strategy, you will get some dmg from the smash but usually this is preferable than to have to run back from the lava.

Stims are cheap and boost your stats, I always carry my full pharmacy when doing raids to buff the group, but yeah good dps rotation/position always do the job.

edit: timer used to be 6min 30 so that's 3 potential adrenals in a 3min cooldown each

Edited by Alexandrozingsw
clarification

How much total health does he have and at what time did he enrage?

He hit enrage at the very final platform, the first few tries were around 5-3% health we managed to clear the boss eventually. Gharj was the only issue we had, the rest of the EV op went smoothly.

He hit enrage at the very final platform, the first few tries were around 5-3% health we managed to clear the boss eventually. Gharj was the only issue we had, the rest of the EV op went smoothly.

That doesn't help at all, what i want to know is the total health of gharj and the enrage timer so we can figure out how much dps each member needs to do to beat enrage.

That doesn't help at all, what i want to know is the total health of gharj and the enrage timer so we can figure out how much dps each member needs to do to beat enrage.

According to this video:

He has 6,617,924 health.

He used to have a 6:30 enrage in SM, not sure if that's changed?

Assuming the tanks can do 33% of the damage of the dps, and the healers doing nothing (just in case), it breaks down this way, for these theoretical enrage timers:

7:00

4 x 3400 dps

2 x 1100 dps (tanks)

6:30

4 x 3600 dps

2 x 1200 dps (tanks)

6:00

4 x 4000 dps

2 x 1300 dps (tanks)

5:30

4 x 4300 dps

2 x 1400 dps (tanks)

5:00

4 x 4700 dps

2 x 1500 dps (tanks)

If the healers can provide any damage, or if the tanks can do more than 1/3 of the damage dealer output, this reduces dps requirements even more.

To the OP:

My guess is that one or more of your group is having troubles dealing with the mechanics AND attacking at the same time. I believe the best solution for the players having trouble, is for them to practice on an operations dummy so they don't have to think about the rotation / priority list, because it's on "automatic muscle memory".

That way, they will find it easier keep attacking while moving from platform to platform.

Edited by Khevar

Removing mechanics from SM ops was one stupid things BW did People that only ever did SM and do HM have no clue to majority of mechanics as result then there is the DPS that bad and cant me dps requirements cause they dont know there toons.

The did the same **** with flashpoints remove some mechanics that mechanics that ARE in HM but cause they removed them from SM said people arnt aware those either.

If you are enraging in SM OP your DPS are horrible plain and simple and those DPS have no chance of being able to do HM short of being carried.

The nerfed this game difficulty in to the ground and more they do the more lazy players get and scream it to hard.

Fact that EV SM can be single tanked and usual is and I still see enrages happen just goes to proof the whole DPS need to learn there toons.