Snowball Cannon (triple CXP boost)

ShadowCouncil

The Snowball Cannon cannot remain locked to only those who purchased it in 2015. For those of us, who weren't around, we're being shafted during an event I assume you want us to participate in. Basically, the Snowball Cannon is acting as a boost. That boost is tied to Parcels, Decorations and starting this year Command Experience.

Life Day Participant 1: Throws snowball and waits for 15 second cooldown (1 Action every15 seconds)

Life Day Participant 2: Throws snowball, shoots snowball cannon and 7 seconds later shoot the cannon again (3 Actions every 15 seconds)

Essentially, a cannon owner is getting three times as much of everything compared to someone without. I think most don't care about the parcels and decos. However, I care about the CXP as it does impact gameplay through Command Crate leveling and gear availability. Please make the Snowball Cannon available on the Cartel Market ASAP.

I did a little boring test to see how much cxp one might get from a cannon + snowball. It takes over 2 hours of using both snowball plus cannon to get 1 GC rank. I could've easily gotten 3 levels or more in that time if I had done warzones during that time. So, how exactly is that a problem? You gotta be crazy to choose 1 GC rank every 2 hrs and 20 minutes instead of getting over 3-4 GC ranks by doing warzones. Edited by ---AlterEgo---

No bug and no being shafted. There is stuff people have gotten years ago that you can't get now. I have been here since beta. I don't have this canon yet you don't see me complaining. It's life.

Wrong. Beta or not no one has any perma boost purchased from Cartel Market. At leas to a given year and event.

I did a little boring test to see how much cxp one might get from a cannon + snowball. It takes over 2 hours of using both snowball plus cannon to get 1 GC rank. I could've easily gotten 3 levels or more in that time if I had done warzones during that time. So, how exactly is that a problem? You gotta be crazy to choose 1 GC rank every 2 hrs and 20 minutes instead of getting over 3-4 GC ranks by doing warzones.

To you boring, to Bioware? Lets just assume they want participants to the events they create. Personally, I racked up 4 GC levels vs the 12 I should have been able to get and the event isn't even over. If you don't see that as disparate then I can't help you understand. As for fastest CXP grind, I never said the snowball cannon was the best way. Besides, fast isn't the point. Bioware tied CXP to the Life Day Event. Everyone should have the ability to participate in yearly events on an even playing field but we can't.

Lets say, when I was a founder in 2011, I got a 300% boost to warzone damage & valor. Then you started playing after the boost wasn't available, would you think its totally cool those founders get triple what you get and one shot you constantly? I think not.

Your strawman argument isn't a valid reason for not having the Snowball Cannon sold each Life Day. However, I do thank you for looking into the issue (seriously, not tongue in cheek). The cannon is essentially a boost. They need to make it available, whenever the event is ongoing, then people can decide if they want to spend Cartel Coins for the boost or not. Without the option, its just plain (game and heart)/breaking for those who want to participate and see others getting triple the reward for the same effort.

No not wrong. You just don't like people having more fun than you are.

Two posts and still wrong. I don't like people participating in the same event I am and getting three times as much of everything. You might want to try adding to the thread with proof of how I'm wrong and that Cartel Market items were sold that provide permanent boosts...oh, that's right you can't.

It was from last year. So you are out of luck. Live with it. This is not a bug so posting this in the bug forum is pointless.

It is a bug. Maybe it was originally intended to only impact the Life Day event. Now that CXP is part of Life Day the cannon is a bugged boost to CXP. You go live with it. I'll report it as the bug it is. Even a triple boost to parcels and decos shouldn't be locked to a certain year's purchase. The cannon, as it is, should be made available every Life Day.

P.S. Your comments are pointless, so you can stop now. We all know you like things how they are but provide no evidence of something like this happening since beta. That alone is a good indicator they broke something...aka a bug.

It's a Cartel Market item. It doesn't matter if you don't like that other people got it off the CM or buy it now off the GTN. You have the same opportunity as anyone else to purchase it. It's on you to take that opportunity. You clearly didn't, so don't complain about your failure to take it when it was available to you.

It's a Cartel Market item. It doesn't matter if you don't like that other people got it off the CM or buy it now off the GTN. You have the same opportunity as anyone else to purchase it. It's on you to take that opportunity. You clearly didn't, so don't complain about your failure to take it when it was available to you.

Name any other boost, sold via the Cartel Market, that you can't purchase at anytime via Cartel Coins?

Name any other boost, sold via the Cartel Market, that is listed at 40-350 million+ on the GTN?

Name any other boost, sold via the Cartel Market, that is permanent?

Name any other boost, sold via the Cartel Market, that provides a 300% increase to all its effects?

Name any other boost, sold via the Cartel Market, I can't get just because I didn't play last year in December? I'll wait...

Yeah, you won't answer any of the questions above. It's Bioware's fail, to tie CXP to a stupid holiday event item, and not mine for wanting them to rectify it.

First, it is not a bug. Both the snowball cannon and the parcels missions are working as intended.

Second, the snowball cannon owners aren't getting a triple CXP boost as you claimed. The cannon only gives 2 more CHANCES at getting a parcel and, because of RNG, the player with the cannon can end up winning less than a player who has only a snowball bomb.

First, it is not a bug. Both the snowball cannon and the parcels missions are working as intended.

Second, the snowball cannon owners aren't getting a triple CXP boost as you claimed. The cannon only gives 2 more CHANCES at getting a parcel and, because of RNG, the player with the cannon can end up winning less than a player who has only a snowball bomb.

First off, it is a bug. There's not now nor ever been an item like the cannon on the Cartel Market. Every other boost is available at any time. The cannon is an item that was only supposed to impact the harvesting of parcels and decos during the Life Day event. What happened was Bioware introduced CXP and thought it'd be a nice treat to give folks who participated in their event a little added benefit. Problem is they didn't take the cannon into account when they made their decision, which was probably purely based on snowball chucking alone. So until you see a Developer post saying they totally intended for December of 2015 players to have a huge advantage, you can't say if it's working as intended or not.

On average the RNG will be the same for all, it's just math and never will a snowballer beat a cannoneer over time. Because they shoot more they get even more chances to beat the RNG. Want to know how I know because an individual who played with me got 12 GC levels compared to my 4 for the same amount of time.

Yes, those of us with a cannon who use it AND the regular snowball throw are getting 3x CXP compared to snowball only.

But I don't think it is a bug, I think it is an oversight on Bioware's part. IMO, that makes it worse than a bug. I wish I could give you my cannon, because I'm no longer playing. :(

Yes, those of us with a cannon who use it AND the regular snowball throw are getting 3x CXP compared to snowball only.

But I don't think it is a bug, I think it is an oversight on Bioware's part. IMO, that makes it worse than a bug. I wish I could give you my cannon, because I'm no longer playing. :(

Thank you on two levels, for confirming the triple effect and for the thought about sharing a cannon :) I too agree it's most likely an oversight, as I alluded to in my previous post. Too bad I haven't been able to get a developer response yet.