CXP rank 300 ! Checking out gear

Zwirni

And what about "narcissistic" commenters who post the same condescending nonsense about how people should not complain but move on in every single thread, many, many times?

You are good at moving on? Please do. Or why do you spend your time in threads that you dislike when you could be gaming? Take your own advice, dear.

Oh I am really really bad about moving on from posts too quickly. Just ask Tsillah and AscendingSky. They can vouch for that. 9 times out of 10, I make a post and then I don't read any of the replies. I nearly drove them insane a few weeks back because they were trying to help clarify a misunderstanding. I promised them that I would be better. However, my only interest in this post is Tsillah. I want to make sure that I read Eric's post correctly. I don't want to be saying false information. If it weren't for that I wouldn't have bothered. But I did go play the game and attend the Carrie Fisher memorial on Harb, very beautiful. I'm off again to go do laundry and build legos with a 5 yr old. So thanks for your concern. :cool:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I am really really bad about moving on from posts too quickly. Just ask Tsillah and AscendingSky. They can vouch for that. 9 times out of 10, I make a post and then I don't read any of the replies. I nearly drove them insane a few weeks back because they were trying to help clarify a misunderstanding. I promised them that I would be better. However, my only interest in this post is Tsillah. I want to make sure that I read Eric's post correctly. I don't want to be saying false information. If it weren't for that I wouldn't have bothered. But I did go play the game and attend the Carrie Fisher memorial on Harb, very beautiful. I'm off again to go do laundry and build legos with a 5 yr old. So thanks for your concern. :cool:

Hahaha, and even though you can drive us insane from time to time, I can't seem to hate your for it.

But then lego's with your kid are much more important than a game forum ;)

Well he can still be in game, just doesnt have to grind CXP :D

Haha, well if the mood strikes me to play through the story again I do no thave to be subbed indeed. You know, it could be an interesting experiment to play as preferred. I tested it on an extra account and to be honest, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I'm going to miss you after Jan 3rd. I wish you the best and hope you have many fun adventures. :)

Well, I'm still hopeful that at one point things will change enough again that I can come back and enjoy the game once again. In the end, SWTOR overall has been a great game for me so far. Just not in its current iteration.

I'm certainly going to watch the livestream and the patch notes of 5.1 and well, fingers crossed as they say.

Well, I'm still hopeful that at one point things will change enough again that I can come back and enjoy the game once again. In the end, SWTOR overall has been a great game for me so far. Just not in its current iteration.

I'm certainly going to watch the livestream and the patch notes of 5.1 and well, fingers crossed as they say.

Fingers are definitely crossed. I'll remain hopeful that the game will move in the right direction again. :)

Haha, well if the mood strikes me to play through the story again I do no thave to be subbed indeed. You know, it could be an interesting experiment to play as preferred. I tested it on an extra account and to be honest, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Its really not bad, but depends on what you enjoy in the game, before it was simply great as you used someones refferal to get the Preffered Bundle with stuff like quickbars unlocked, Hide head etc. You basically got all the things you will need upfront from CM or GTN. Then u just kept on buying passes for OPS, rest was free.

However that is changed now, but still, you have access to everything but ops and gear and we all know that you dont need gear in the game now.

So, I entered tier 3 a few days ago (and weekly cap monday night... :eek:) and I have to say, that I am happy about the drops in the 35 Tier 3 Crates I got. Due to blue stuff, my shadow-dps is now mostly 240 and I got the opportunity to learn 2 enhancements and the 240-dps-hilt (praise the rng-god inside of the pvp-boxes). I also got schematics for the 240-relic of Serenditipous Assault and the 240 adept-implant. So, I am able to equip my main character with the few set-pieces I got (1 Legendary piece, 3 purple set-pieces until now, additionally 1 earpice and 1 implant purple 240) and I am also able to gear my alts with lots of blue and green stuff.

I might not be BiS by entering 300, but I hope to be close to it. However, I stopped grinding after reaching the cap on monday. Actually I sent out my crafters to equip my alts and my guildmates and friends, so it may take until the end of january to enter 300. Of course, my goal with tier 3 was end of december and I arrived there on christmas eve....

Its really not bad, but depends on what you enjoy in the game, before it was simply great as you used someones refferal to get the Preffered Bundle with stuff like quickbars unlocked, Hide head etc. You basically got all the things you will need upfront from CM or GTN. Then u just kept on buying passes for OPS, rest was free.

However that is changed now, but still, you have access to everything but ops and gear and we all know that you dont need gear in the game now.

Well that's the thing isn't it? And right now with GC being what it is I'd only log in from time to time to play through the stories when I feel like it, so I really don't need a sub anymore. I mean I don't mind paying for endgame, but it'll have to be something I want to do. In it's current iteration I don't. So yeah, being preferred will do fine. The only downside is that you can lose connection with a game and your guildies because you're not part of it anymore. If 5.1 isn't good enough then it probably will be useless to come back till the next expansion with a fresh new start otherwise I'll be way too far behind on the rest. I mean we were doing things like M&B HM and DF/DP NiM just before 5.0 hit. That got shut down instantly with the expansion and people are just grinding the farmable SM/HM operations from what I gather to be able to continue where we left off. i was one of the main healers and I hope they can manage just fine now. Nobody is irreplaceable in the end.

Let's put it like this, as things stand I'd rather pay to play ESO (just bought 3 month Sub) than play SWtOR for free!

Oh, and BTW SWtOR and ESO use the same engine (Hero) go look at how drop dead gorgeous ESO is compared to SWtOR.

Well, I'd rather pay to play SWTOR than play ESO for free :) Mainly because the only pvp is zerg pvp. To each their own.

ESO is a good looking game...too bad the character animations look like claymation on crack. I don't think I've ever seen something so unnatural as a character in ESO running with his weapons drawn.

Veteran Ranks no longer exist.

The end game grind is now for Champion Points. Each CP lets you buy passive perks from the various ESO Constellations, and by the time you get to 300 CP (about the level serious end-game groups expect as a minimum) you'll have very, very significant bonuses.

This type of system kills the casual playerbase. Case in point: Dark Age of Camelot Trials of Atlantis.

This type of system kills the casual playerbase. Case in point: Dark Age of Camelot Trials of Atlantis.

Really?

I'm even more casual in ESO than I was in SWtOR.

I don't find the system bothersome at all. I still have a lot of open world quests to do, and by the time I have done them I will be well past the 300CP mark, IF I choose to then engage in the end-game content of Group Delves/Dungeons etc.

If I don't there will still be the Solo Daily quests from each of the Fighter's Guild, Mage's Guild, The Undaunted, and once I progress their stories far enough dailys for The Thieves' Guild and The Dark Brotherhood. So that's 5 daily quests, that will each rotate through 30 or so different Dungeons/Quest Hubs. Heck, I'm not even in a guild in ESO and I find access to content less gated than I do in SWtOR (where I am in a guild).

Don't get me wrong ESO is not all sunshine and flowers, there are issues - I absolutely HATE the lack of Auction House, and how the Trade Kiosk system locks many, many players out of being able to sell their unwanted goods ( at least now with One Tamrial it no longer penalises Buyers as well). Storage space can be an issue, and can get very costly especially if you want one character to be able to self-sufficient in all crafting abilities. The Mount upgrade system is an artificial grind that will take 180 days of total play and 45,000 Gold to complete, but isn't strictly necessary.

But even with its faults I do not feel even slightly gated from content or gear as a solo / casual player. Heck I've even done a bit of PvP in ESO, and I never touch PvP in MMORPGs normally.

All The Best

Edited by DarthSpuds