Dear Eric, can we expect some statistics from you about GC ranks on people?

merovejec

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merc healer - 76

Mara - 35

Sin - 25

Jugg - 11

PT - 8

Sorc - 4

From my guild, I think we have one or two people in tier 2 now. Everybody else is tier 1.

I do mostly unranked pvp and operations. The GC system is pretty darn demotivating. I keep thinking I should push my Merc to 90+, but I don't feel like grinding. I mostly use him as a healer for operations, and my 230 gear that I mostly purchased from the GTN is plenty good enough for SM and the easier HM ops, which is all I've done. So I haven't bothered. We haven't had any healing issues, so who cares at this point. I'm just waiting for them to fix this GC system.

The GC system is pretty darn demotivating. I keep thinking I should push my Merc to 90+, but I don't feel like grinding

Then don't do it, it's getting worst and worst. My 115 GC level toon only get half a level by running the pvp daily and a pve group thing (whatever pop)

I have 7 or 8 at lvl 70, the highest being GC rank 13.

I have 18 level 70 toons. no rank yet above 10. two toons have got 2 set items eleven others have 1 set item each. 5 no set items yet.

I think all have had at least 2 schematics for 230 gear, some more than that, Some as of yet unused as don't have that craft skill yet on that server..

This is on many different servers and on 3 accounts. one of which has dropped to f2p so can no longer gain command ranks.

So if this is of any use to you OP, you can add these to Damask_Rose's data above.

Then don't do it, it's getting worst and worst. My 115 GC level toon only get half a level by running the pvp daily and a pve group thing (whatever pop)

I just wanted to get to tier III on one toon so that i can get schematics from PVP dailies, then ill be crafting my own stuff for all my alts and i dont have to do the GC system at all.

Also i have gathered a lot of ranks so ill get a lot of those tokens in 5.1 and can use them to get what i miss.

I don't think BW will ever release any official stats but i'll give you mine, and you can extrapolate from them what you will

On Jung Ma, 4 toons all < 70, no plans to ever touch them again, unless there is some kind of server merge.

On all other NA and Euro server (except JM and Harb) 1 toon each, no plans to ever touch any of them again

HARBINGER 52 toons.

16 toons <70 , maybe I might work them up to 70 someday.

35 toons =70, Command Rank 2, no plans to significantly work with them

1 toon =70, Command Rank 180, really wanted to make Tier 3 last night but was just too tired to stick it out for another level, will make tier 3 tonight for sure. Right now this is the only toon I see me playing in the foreseeable future. My set bonus armorings are in the 230 to 236 range, everything else is 240. Since the 5.1 gearing system will only be dropping 240's it's utterly useless to me.

All totaled

35 not eligible for GC

35 at GC 2 and likely never progress anywhere

1 that will eventually make GC 300

Edited by AmadanNaBrona

Hi,

Eric, if you get to read this, would you be willing or are you planing to share some info about how the GC system is going? The same as you guys, Im very interested in statistics and would like to know how the system is doing overall.

How many are reaching the weekly cap per week?

How many have tier 3 already?

Are there people with multiple toons with higher tiers?

I rarely see people with tier II on TRE, but ofc not everyone shows the tier they have. On the stream which took place after the exploit you said only a few people got the weekly caps, well i knew quite a lot of people that did so I was surprised you didnt mention that there is quite a number of people with tier 3.

Dear John, GC ranks have been cheating on you with story line. I am sorry to have to let you know this way.

I don't think BW will ever release any official stats but i'll give you mine, and you can extrapolate from them what you will

On Jung Ma, 4 toons all < 70, no plans to ever touch them again, unless there is some kind of server merge.

On all other NA and Euro server (except JM and Harb) 1 toon each, no plans to ever touch any of them again

HARBINGER 52 toons.

16 toons <70 , maybe I might work them up to 70 someday.

35 toons =70, Command Rank 2, no plans to significantly work with them

1 toon =70, Command Rank 180, really wanted to make Tier 3 last night but was just too tired to stick it out for another level, will make tier 3 tonight for sure. Right now this is the only toon I see me playing in the foreseeable future. My set bonus armorings are in the 230 to 236 range, everything else is 240. Since the 5.1 gearing system will only be dropping 240's it's utterly useless to me.

All totaled

35 not eligible for GC

35 at GC 2 and likely never progress anywhere

1 that will eventually make GC 300

Wow, lots of toons!

Progenitor, five level 70's at ranks: 126, 33, 10, 5, and 3.

Yeah thats about an average i would say for a person that plays often per week. I really would like to know what was the idea behind this, what did Bioware to expect? People to be subbed for years to grind GC ranks??

Yeah thats about an average i would say for a person that plays often per week. I really would like to know what was the idea behind this, what did Bioware to expect? People to be subbed for years to grind GC ranks??

Yes. But now you grind GSF/PvP/Flashpoints/Chapters/Heroics/Operations/Uprisings instead of just Operations.

Yes. But now you grind GSF/PvP/Flashpoints/Chapters/Heroics/Operations/Uprisings instead of just Operations.

Sure, but as many on these forums say that is exactly one of the core problems. You CAN introduce a grind mechanic, yet you should provide new content on which to grind it on!! We are doing the 2-4 year old stuff again, which we have been doing for years now, nothing new.

The only thing you have is that GSF and PVP are still the same maps and stuff yet you always get different situations, different teams etc.

Sure, but as many on these forums say that is exactly one of the core problems. You CAN introduce a grind mechanic, yet you should provide new content on which to grind it on!! We are doing the 2-4 year old stuff again, which we have been doing for years now, nothing new.

The only thing you have is that GSF and PVP are still the same maps and stuff yet you always get different situations, different teams etc.

They did provide new content (Solo in Chapters and Group in Uprisings, which are getting Master difficulties soon). I don't know why they didn't add a new Operation, maybe they want to focus on shorter multiplayer sessions but that's just a guess.

They did provide new content (Solo in Chapters and Group in Uprisings, which are getting Master difficulties soon). I don't know why they didn't add a new Operation, maybe they want to focus on shorter multiplayer sessions but that's just a guess.

Well the Uprisings are very easy and fast to do. They have no story attached to them and get boring very fast. They are no interesting new content, just a fast way to grind to rank 300, nothing more.

Whey they didnt add an operation is a very discussable topic. However, the update 5.0 is questionable in general. It wasnt a real update, the last real update we got was 3.0 SoR, where we got new places (yavin, rishi), dailies/weeklies, new fps, new operations etc etc. 5.0 had little of what 3.0 has offered.

Well the Uprisings are very easy and fast to do. They have no story attached to them and get boring very fast. They are no interesting new content, just a fast way to grind to rank 300, nothing more.

Master Uprisings haven't been released yet, and seeing as we only have 5 uprisings right now it's understandable they become boring. They are new content though, with interesting new boss fights, new mechanics (bombs/missiles/adrenals), and trash mob quantity over quality.

Whey they didnt add an operation is a very discussable topic. However, the update 5.0 is questionable in general. It wasnt a real update, the last real update we got was 3.0 SoR, where we got new places (yavin, rishi), dailies/weeklies, new fps, new operations etc etc. 5.0 had little of what 3.0 has offered.

They added a whole new GC system, new Uprisings system (and uprisings themselves), new story (best one in a while), new difficulty system for solo story content, fleet redesign, DvL system and probably more I'm missing. I wasn't around when 3.0 was released so you can just wave me off as someone who doesn't know what it was like, but maybe you just need to appreciate that there's still new content being produced. It's just not Operations content.

Edited by Eli_Porter

Master Uprisings haven't been released yet, and seeing as we only have 5 uprisings right now it's understandable they become boring. They are new content though, with interesting new boss fights, new mechanics (bombs/missiles/adrenals), and trash mob quantity over quality.

Well sure, but for new content to be doable with 3 dps and a healing companion...... that's pretty lame. I personally think Uprisings have only been added as a last resort to somehow give the players something to do, nothing else.

They were given highest CXP gain so that they are farmed as preferred content in order to provide positive metrics for Bioware which they can forward their management showing that their ideas were good!! Master mode wont bring much. If there is no 25x achievements i doubt that people will be doing them over and over again. Even if they reward major CXP i think doing the Veteran Uprising will still yield more CXP.

They added a whole new GC system, new Uprisings system (and uprisings themselves), new story (best one in a while), new difficulty system for solo story content, fleet redesign, DvL system and probably more I'm missing. I wasn't around when 3.0 was released so you can just wave me off as someone who doesn't know what it was like, but maybe you just need to appreciate that there's still new content being produced. It's just not Operations content.

GC system was fast and easy to do. Uprisings are just old scenery used all over again. KOTFE/KOTET Veteran mode just buffed how the trash mobs hit, nothing more. Just so that you imagine 4.0 and 5.0 together didnt not provide the content and stuff that 3.0 had, not by far!!

Well sure, but for new content to be doable with 3 dps and a healing companion...... that's pretty lame. I personally think Uprisings have only been added as a last resort to somehow give the players something to do, nothing else.

They were given highest CXP gain so that they are farmed as preferred content in order to provide positive metrics for Bioware which they can forward their management showing that their ideas were good!! Master mode wont bring much. If there is no 25x achievements i doubt that people will be doing them over and over again. Even if they reward major CXP i think doing the Veteran Uprising will still yield more CXP.

GC system was fast and easy to do. Uprisings are just old scenery used all over again. KOTFE/KOTET Veteran mode just buffed how the trash mobs hit, nothing more. Just so that you imagine 4.0 and 5.0 together didnt not provide the content and stuff that 3.0 had, not by far!!

Yes but you also have to consider the price of the expansions. I would not call 5.0 an expansion. I know thats what people might want to call it to try to draw new players but if its free with a sub its not an expansion. Its a game update. I consider the content I got in 5.0 pretty big for free. Sor in 3.0 cost money on top of sub so it was a true expansion. My guess is they will only do updates instead of a true expansion because they lost money on bringing out Sor in 3.0. If they would of made money I am sure 4.0 would of been a true expansion that cost money to buy and same with 5.0. Its easy to base your budget on updates when you know the amount of money you have based on subs/F2P money instead of trying to push out a larger expansion and charging players for it. Especially if the last one 3.0 you lost money. I dont know if they did lose money in 3.0 expansion but my guess is they sure didnt make enough money to make them want to bring out another one and charge players.

Edited by Resputin

You do realise only the story and uprisings actually count as new content right?

Yes but you also have to consider the price of the expansions. I would not call 5.0 an expansion. I know thats what people might want to call it to try to draw new players but if its free with a sub its not an expansion. Its a game update. I consider the content I got in 5.0 pretty big for free. Sor in 3.0 cost money on top of sub so it was a true expansion. My guess is they will only do updates instead of a true expansion because they lost money on bringing out Sor in 3.0. If they would of made money I am sure 4.0 would of been a true expansion that cost money to buy and same with 5.0. Its easy to base your budget on updates when you know the amount of money you have based on subs/F2P money instead of trying to push out a larger expansion and charging players for it. Especially if the last one 3.0 you lost money. I dont know if they did lose money in 3.0 expansion but my guess is they sure didnt make enough money to make them want to bring out another one and charge players.

Based on the EA quarterly reports 3.0 brought profits and how could it not? People came back, people subbed and people bought the expansion too, they had to make profit on that!

If making an operation means we need to pay more, sure, i can, I offered Bioware to pay the stupid development of the ops myself!! It cannot costs millions to do!