Why play a sage ?

trabble

To be honest – I love the sage class. I switched from Gunslinger to Sage somewehere in Vanilla and since the I play several sages and Sorcs. The Storys are both great, if not the best in SWTOR.

I play Madness Sorc / Balance Sage.

But after the Leveling Phase and LVL 70 – Why play a Sage ? The class has been nerved continously with every patch since 3.0.

In PVP: Sages/Sorcs are the weakest, squishiest class of all. Cannon fooder in PVP and nothing on board to strike back. The DMG is laughable. I mean real DMG. DMG that can kill – not the Fluff DMG you get by spamming Dots and AOE.

And in PVE the Sage sucks so much – nobody real interested in raiding plays a Sage / Sorc. No chance against Coratani oder the DMG Check at Revan. Forget it – don try it with a Sage. You need a good Group that carries you.

And a Group that is resistant enough to accept that you will die any time.If you want a class that doesn’t explode just because someone is looking at you – play a merc. Or a Knight. These Classes are so OP now it doesn’t make sense to waste time on a Sage.

So the ONLY reason to play a Sage or a Sorc is because they are the best looking class. If that is enough for you – ok. If you want to play every aspect of endgame content the game has you are forced to play a more robust class that offers much more DMG.

I can't say about PvE, but in PvP Sage / Sorc are WAY worse now than last time I played them.

I used to happily hold my own in ranked arenas, now everybody, in every team, ALWAYS cross focus me and it's like our healing just does not exist any more. Nor I can certainly kill anybody.

It's either a DPS class that can't really DPS any more nor an healing class that is meh at healing.

Nor an hybrid, BW made sure to kill that fun gameplay aspect.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.