The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PT Tank rotation in 5.0 (PvE)

Iffyluse

With Shatter slug being introduced, Firestorm being instacast, are there any changes to the rotations for maximum threat for both the beginning of the fight and the sustained fight? Or the 4.0 dulfy guide is still the way to go (http://dulfy.net/2016/07/11/swtor-shield-tech-powertech-4-0-pve-guide-by-yamunun/)

Where does the Shatter Slug fit into the rotation for single target and aoe?

What utilities are optimal now?

I've been running some flashpoints in 228/230 gear, the overall feel right now is a struggle to keep the enemies interested in me.

Edited by Iffyluse

With Shatter slug being introduced, Firestorm being instacast, are there any changes to the rotations for maximum threat for both the beginning of the fight and the sustained fight? Or the 4.0 dulfy guide is still the way to go (http://dulfy.net/2016/07/11/swtor-shield-tech-powertech-4-0-pve-guide-by-yamunun/)

Where does the Shatter Slug fit into the rotation for single target and aoe?

What utilities are optimal now?

I've been running some flashpoints in 228/230 gear, the overall feel right now is a struggle to keep the enemies interested in me.

Hello.

With Firestorm now instant it means you'll have more rapid shots or flame Burst as filler but the core of the rotation stays the same. As for Shatter Slug it's a direct replacement for Explosive Dart so same use. In ST it's almost never as it's range is 10m. Threat generation will depend on in part which adds DPS are focusing your goal should be holding the gold one but it's fine. Sorry very brief but it's been busy and hopefully get an updated version of my guide out for 5.0 by the end of the month.

Hello.

With Firestorm now instant it means you'll have more rapid shots or flame Burst as filler but the core of the rotation stays the same. As for Shatter Slug it's a direct replacement for Explosive Dart so same use. In ST it's almost never as it's range is 10m. Threat generation will depend on in part which adds DPS are focusing your goal should be holding the gold one but it's fine. Sorry very brief but it's been busy and hopefully get an updated version of my guide out for 5.0 by the end of the month.

Thanks for the reply, no rush on the guide, take your time, looking forward to it :)

In the meantime, I'm really starting to enjoy the mobility of pretty much everything being instacast, PT tank is a s fun as ever!

Long time for me since I played this game, however I was at the height of it back in the day as the MT of Cali Killed Nox. Trying to decipher all the changes they have made to this game and figuring out whether or not I made the right decision to come back and push for the end game like before.

On topic - You mention it being compared to Explosive Dart and the 10m range so it may not see much use. Adds that close together to pull multiple packs accidentally which would be too much to handle?

On topic - You mention it being compared to Explosive Dart and the 10m range so it may not see much use. Adds that close together to pull multiple packs accidentally which would be too much to handle?

Explosive dart by itself was garbage skill only used because of 30m range and sometimes to stun/knockdown standard enemies. No damage, no threat, no procs.

Slug is useful for loosely spread mobs, or are <10 meters away from you and you for some reason don't want to come close to them (that will be... umm... Master Mode Draxus and... umm.. Veteran Mode Draxus and... umm.. yup, only those). It's utility starts there. It also ends there. Flame sweep does more damage, same cost, has no cooldown, better animation.

Explosive dart by itself was garbage skill only used because of 30m range and sometimes to stun/knockdown standard enemies. No damage, no threat, no procs.

Slug is useful for loosely spread mobs, or are <10 meters away from you and you for some reason don't want to come close to them (that will be... umm... Master Mode Draxus and... umm.. Veteran Mode Draxus and... umm.. yup, only those). It's utility starts there. It also ends there. Flame sweep does more damage, same cost, has no cooldown, better animation.

Yeah Explosive dart was so trash I even forgot it existed so I've mistaken the Slug for a new and awesome ability that it actually really isn't :D