The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is it me, or is TOR era far more powerful than anything in the movies era?

mrdrsenorpeanut

I hope Disney does away with Luke and Palpatine being the most powerful Jedi and Sith ever. Yeah, they're cool, but they're so cringe in Legends that they left a bad taste in my mouth.

Yep, the guy that got thrown down a shaft like a bag of potatoes can create worm wholes. Give me a break. The post ep 6 EU is a joke.

Edited by Kaedusz

Vitiate could dominate A Sith Lord as a kid without any training. Luke didn't even know about the force till Obi-wan told him about it. Same goes for Sidious and others unconscious use of the force before training. Edited by Kaedusz

Vitiate could dominate A Sith Lord as a kid without any training. Luke didn't even know about the force till Obi-wan told him about it. Same goes for Sidious and others unconscious use of the force before training.

Luke had an aunt and uncle actively keeping him away from any knowledge of the force.

*sigh*

I hope Disney does away with Luke and Palpatine being the most powerful Jedi and Sith ever. Yeah, they're cool, but they're so cringe in Legends that they left a bad taste in my mouth.

Lots of things are cringe in legends. Lots of things can be thought of as cringe in what isn't legends.

Personally, I like that Luke is the most powerful Jedi. Don't want to see them undo that myself, but as always, they will. Writers in these types of universe can't help themselves. They all want to have their pet characters be the top dog. If they don't get to create a new character, they want to be responsible for making the established one even more powerful.

I don't feel we'll find many writers who want to write an awesome story, but not have someone be THE ALPHA OF ALL ALPHAS!

Working from TOR to the end of TFA the overall theme is the knowledge of the Force has deteriorated over time. I don't know if that is intentional or not, but starting from the end and going backwards the galactic community views the Force similar to Rey. The Force and Jedi are all but forgotten to where Luke is almost a legend that may or may not have actually existed. Moving back to EP 1-3, the galaxy is quite aware of the existence of Jedi is the feature prominently in galactic governance, but very few know if the existence of their dark side counterparts the Sith. Moving back to the TOR era the Sith have their own planetary headquarters and as such the galaxy is well aware of their existence. Edited by LordHartigan