The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Another thread about REAL JEDI ROBES.

tummiswtor

Hi!

Im one of MANY people that still waiting for Reeaal jedi robes.

"Real" i mean these we know from KotOR II series, Episode I/II/III movies and others.

- Some of players says: But we got SWTOR age, they got different style!

- Me: Yes, but just look.

We got KotOR I famous heroes outfits like Vrook Lamar , Carth Onasi, Jolee Bindo Robes, Bastila Shan and others.

We got KotOR II famous heroes outfits like Kreia, Brianna (Handmaiden), Mira, Visas-Marr, Atton.

We got XXXX years old Sith Lord robes (Marka Ragnos, Ajunta Pall etc.) replica, but we still can't have 300 or even less (Gnost-Dural Times) robes-replica.

We can't get simple KotOR II jedi robes? Okay so please, give Us famous

Jedi Master Kavar replica outfit

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/b/b8/Kavar_fight.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20070425142414

Or Master Zez-Kai Ell replica robes (we already got his Double-Bladed Lightsaber in game)

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/5/52/Zezkaiell_lightsaber.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20070319222341

Still not convinced? :(

What about Gnost-Dural Master? He lived in Old Republic era. (We can read about his adventures in Gnost-Dural book that we can found in SWTOR: Collector's Edition).

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/4/41/Gnost-Dural_SIS_JMGD.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120807203410

Gearing Jedi characters is very hard.

- We're forced to have long skirt (Exiled Master Robes) that looks poor (specially when You're Consular, its very sprawling, hood on head)

- Valiant Jedi / Resolute Guardian - we are forced to have metal parts, short sleeves and belt ON Our robes (in Resolute Guardian - example)

- Relnex Robes - short sleeves, belt on robes, and we can see "man's thing" in his pyjamas pants. In this robes You looks like a kid.

Me and my Friends already know that You do not troll Us. You are just scared that many players stop pay for weird style robes becouse they finally get "real ones". I buying very often new cartel market outfits but nothing for my Sage. My sage stays with Exiled Master with mixed other parts, and i won't buy any others.

Here's example what did Alec_Fortescue from swtor.com

http://imgur.com/qg31XVa

I would say it's almost perfect comparing to Gnost-Dural or KotOR II robes.

Me and my friends and probably Alec would love that robes, but with:

- remove scarf

- a bit longer shirt to hide "men's thing ;) <Censored>

- the same color of under-wear and main shirt (white and desert-color in the same color)

- a bit thicker pants.

Here's my version of robes in the middle! (SPOILER, ITS REALLY PAINT-JOB DONE :rak_09:)

http://imgur.com/vMuurQv

Robes we want could cost even 2000 CC in direct sale, or more. Profit would be incredible.

Waiting for opinion of other players that are interested in this. Also hope Dev's will join the discuss.

Cheers!

Edited by tummiswtor

You mean the tatooine moisture farmers robes?

#OwenWoreThemFirst

It's actually Charles Boyd who wore them.

We need iconic Jedi robes. Tatooine farmer ones are in the game.

Tummy, according to KoTOR comic (armors sets from which made it into game) Vrook wore his KotOR 1 and Iconic robes interchangably. :l

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

#YodaWoreThemFirst

#MaceWinduWoreThemFirst

#MasterKavarWoreThemFirst

#Gnost-DuralWoreThemFirst

:p

First one on screen with them was Owen. He hated jedi, can't see why he would want to mimic them. And "Ben" was trying to blend in with the locals with that great disguise of his, so he had a reason to wear Tatooine moisture farmers robes. That everyone thinks they are jedi robes is beyond me.

You know, there's an armor wishlist where your request might actually be read.

But nope... Instead we've got yet another 'Give us classic Jedi Robes!' thread.

Honestly, there are classes that need armor variety far more than Jedi.

Agents / Hunters and Troopers being prime examples.

Edited by IIHawkerII

You know, there's an armor wishlist where your request might actually be read.

But nope... Instead we've got yet another 'Give us classic Jedi Robes!' thread.

Honestly, there are classes that need armor variety far more than Jedi.

Agents / Hunters and Troopers being prime examples.

I've got to disagree here. Jedi are extremely underrepresented on cartel market when it comes to unique sets. More than the classes you've mentioned there.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Yeah.

Its pretty easy to find cool sets for Troopers/Smugglers. Its hard to find something cool for Jedi. Robes are rarely added to Cartel Market, and most of them are just a crap.

And where they are added... There is some random piece of steel or other attachment ruining the effect . Vrooks or Loyal Adherent... They look much worse on males than females.

I support this! I would love Jedi robes like Obi-wan's and Sith robes like Darth Maul's.

This was actually talked about for a brief moment during the recent BioWare stream. He dodged the question but mentioning cosplaying and then said some other bull and moved on.

http://i.imgur.com/0r0BznY.jpg

Yes, I heard about it and felt trolled.

I don't care it is"Traditional Jedi Robe'' or anything else...

I would like to have OUTFIT smilar to Mace Windu / Obi Wan Kenobi / Yoda / Qui-Gon Jinn (Farmer outfit + brown cape)

Or KotOR II robes called Jedi Robes or Master Robes.

In they previous game (KotOR II) its called Jedi Master Robes.

http://i.imgur.com/2NoBT6o.jpg

Edited by tummiswtor

I don't care it will be called "Traditional Jedi Robe'' or anything else...

I would like to have OUTFIT smilar to Mace Windu / Obi Wan Kenobi / Yoda / Qui-Gon Jinn (Farmer outfit + brown cape)

Or KotOR II robes called Jedi Robes or Master Robes.

In they previous game (KotOR II) its called Jedi Master Robes.

http://i.imgur.com/2NoBT6o.jpg

They are all over Timeline videos as well >.>

Okay... Now I Just FEEL TROLLED. Found DvL boss. Apparently he is allowed to wear hood down robes. Wth bioware. You have the hood down model, why not give it to us?! To me? T_T

http://imgur.com/a/dND03

I could go along with this, would just wear veda pants for the time being... Why not make it available ot us but npcs instead?

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I'm not saying that the 'coolness' ratio is equal across the different sets.

But Jedi have more 'Jedi-themed' armors available to them then say Troopers have 'Trooper-themed' armors.

Whether or not they look cool wasn't part of my statement.

That being said, I'm always glad to see new armors, class withstanding, I'd just like a little change in focus.

• 4 weeks later...
I've got to disagree here. Jedi are extremely underrepresented on cartel market when it comes to unique sets. More than the classes you've mentioned there.

I did some counting on http://torf.mmo-fashion.com/armor-packs/

I've counted Fifty-Nine Cartel sets aimed at Jedi, and that includes both Knights and Consulars.

Twenty-Nine sets aimed at Troopers.

Twenty-One for Agents.

Thirty-Seven for Hunters.

I did some counting on http://torf.mmo-fashion.com/armor-packs/

I've counted Fifty-Nine Cartel sets aimed at Jedi, and that includes both Knights and Consulars.

Twenty-Nine sets aimed at Troopers.

Twenty-One for Agents.

Thirty-Seven for Hunters.

No offence Bro!

Show me which armor in Your opinion is Jedi Based?

I can say

- Jedi Valiant

- Resolute Guardian

- Exiled Master

- Relnex

...are "Jedi" armors. and maybe Kreia, Jolee, Humble hero... (all these lore armors from KotOR games)

I don't count armors like "Classic Conservator" "Stylish Dress Armor set" "Casual Combatant" etc. becouse it would be profanation and lie.

I never had problem to equip cool my Sorcerer, Smuggler, Trooper and other classes.

Maybe becosue Jedi is most iconic and me + others would like to wear KotOR II robes or these from movies.

Edited by tummiswtor

No offence Bro!

I can say

- Jedi Valiant

- Resolute Guardian

- Exiled Master

- Relnex

...are "Jedi" armors. and maybe Kreia, Jolee, Humble hero... (all these lore armors from KotOR games)

I don't count armors like "Classic Conservator" "Stylish Dress Armor set" "Casual Combatant" etc. becouse it would be profanation and lie.

I never had problem to equip cool my Sorcerer, Smuggler, Trooper and other classes.

Maybe becosue Jedi is most iconic and me + others would like to wear KotOR II robes or these from movies.

Yes, he probably included reskins and trashy sets like Casual Combatant / Stylish dress and things he "thought" might fit under Jedi category. Do a recount without including those. I clearly said unique sets in that qoute.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

No offence Bro!

I can say

- Jedi Valiant

- Resolute Guardian

- Exiled Master

- Relnex

Exiled Knight, too. The new Jedi Survivalist set. Ambitious Warrior.

And while you may not count sets like the Conservator, Casual Combatant, Energetic Combatant, Preceptor, etc. they still are Jedi-based gear. Maybe not particularly good-looking, but they are.

Look, I agree that there needs to be a good set of Jedi gear that looks like the KOTOR 2 robes everyone espouses. I'm not arguing that, because that set definitely needs to get made. But saying "Jedi are underrepresented in the Cartel Market" isn't true. Because even if the gear doesn't suit your tastes, it's there in abundance.

But we do need a set of those KOTOR 2 robes, someday. Soon.

Exiled Knight, too. The new Jedi Survivalist set. Ambitious Warrior.

And while you may not count sets like the Conservator, Casual Combatant, Energetic Combatant, Preceptor, etc. they still are Jedi-based gear. Maybe not particularly good-looking, but they are.

Look, I agree that there needs to be a good set of Jedi gear that looks like the KOTOR 2 robes everyone espouses. I'm not arguing that, because that set definitely needs to get made. But saying "Jedi are underrepresented in the Cartel Market" isn't true. Because even if the gear doesn't suit your tastes, it's there in abundance.

But we do need a set of those KOTOR 2 robes, someday. Soon.

It makes no difference.

One particular poster will never be satisfied until he gets EXACTLY what he wants. Every time BW has released a "Jedi" set, he has found SOME little flaw that he over exaggerates as to why they are NOT good enough and NOT "traditional Jedi Robes".

All I an say at this point is thank goodness his sub is up soon, and we will no longer have to hear from him after that point.

I would love to see these as well, but at this point I fear it will never happen :(

Which I fail to understand given how one of KotOR 2 variants DID NOT APPEAR IN MOVIES.

http://i.imgur.com/is2TWRA.jpg These are NOT MODS.

FYI Jedi survivalist is a Zakuul Knight captain set without armor pieces with a Jedi slapped onto its name :D It's nice, but it has a missing attachment... I just wonder why. It suddenly ends on waist and doesnt have tabard continuation like Knight Captain set.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Yes, he probably included reskins and trashy sets like Casual Combatant / Stylish dress and things he "thought" might fit under Jedi category. Do a recount without including those. I clearly said unique sets in that qoute.

You can go easy on the snark, last thing I came here for is a confrontation. And yes, I was including armor sets like the Conservator and Classic Preceptor because they are armor sets that are aimed at Jedi players. But I get it, you guys are the aficionados on the subject. I'll give you my list anyway, hopefully you can respect how long this takes...

Blade Savant

Casual Combatant

Ceremonial

Ceremonial Guard

Charged Peacemaker

Dynamic Brawler

Energetic Champion

Gav Daragon

Intimidator

Juhani

Lana Beniko

Martial Pilgrim

Matriarchal

Potent Champion

Revanite Pursuer

Tranquil Mystic

Vrook Lamar

Alliance Emissary

Ambitious Warrior

Armored Diplomat

Atris

Classis Conservator

Classic Perceptor

Conservator

Dashing Hero

Exar Kun

Exiled Knight

Force Disciple

Fortified Defender

Gifted Wanderer

Jarael

Jedi Survivalist

Kreia

Nimble Brawler

Overloaded Peacemaker

Perceptor

Recovered Hero

Relnex

Resolute Guardian

Revanite Avenger

Revered Seer

Ulic Qel-Droma

Unburdened Champion

Wartime Ambassador

Zayne Carrick

Bastila Shan

Elegant Duelist

Exiled Master

Jori Daragon

Jolee Bindo

Jedi Strategist

Loyal Adherent

Lucian Draay

Relaxed Vestments

Satele Shan

Temple Guardian

The Last Handmaiden

Visas Marr

Zakuul Knight-Captain

Now, I've included two Revanite sets because they make for great Jedi Armor when dyed, the same with the Zakuul Knight-Captain Armor.