Reaper's Rush + Amped Voltage...how hard is this gonna get nerfed?

JLazarillo

So if i am to understand you...the only reaon that sins and the like are so dominanat in pvp is becuase of a bugged interaction between skills and utilites?

Or is this a mainly PvE related issue?

its mostly a pve issue right now (really above average sustained dps) but it does impact pvp as some assassin are getting dps number they shouldn't get right now. It doesnt make them any more survivable tough.

The bigger impact on pvp are bugged Sin Tank. They have a similar bug that makes them EXTREMELY hard to kill, even at 4vs1. They can delay a cap a stupid amount of time, and with a pocket healer they are nearly invincible. And they can dish a crapload of damage if geared that way (and still be sturdy like heck)

its mostly a pve issue right now (really above average sustained dps) but it does impact pvp as some assassin are getting dps number they shouldn't get right now. It doesnt make them any more survivable tough.

I don't think they should touch the damage.

I mean the stance is quite obviously bugged; but other than in Operations, which really nobody plays anymore, why should it get nerfed?

In PvP it doesn't make us do damage that is unreasonable by any means, other classes can still do more with greater ease. Just makes the class a solid choice. If anything.. looking at the healing I think the burst is still not high enough.

The tank part though, is quite obviously a problem.

I don't think they should touch the damage.

I mean the stance is quite obviously bugged; but other than in Operations, which really nobody plays anymore, why should it get nerfed?

In PvP it doesn't make us do damage that is unreasonable by any means, other classes can still do more with greater ease. Just makes the class a solid choice. If anything.. looking at the healing I think the burst is still not high enough.

The tank part though, is quite obviously a problem.

It is a bit overperforming in good hands tbh.

What makes it go under the radar, is its not a kind of easy in your face overperformance, but one that only shows in the hand of good players.

I'd much rather see some QoL that lightly increase the burst (ex getting 2 stack of voltage upon unstealthing, rather than having to lacerate in empty air pre-fight, or assassinate refreshing Voltage as well), or better way to deal with the crapton of nets we get in the first second of solo ranked.

Still its a moot point, we can be pretty sure they'll just fix the bug and leave the classes as is.

We must actually hope they don't batnerf something as well to "make up" for it, like they did often when there was community outcries.

Edited by verfallen

It's not overperforming on its own. When Bioware switched the stances from actives to passives, they screwed up so somehow an extra active stance can randomly trigger on and off. It can happen when you enter/exit ops/pvp instances, login or log out, etc.

It's extra effective for infiltration shadow because the class stance is how we build stacks of breaching shadow to get a highlighted force breach (our main attack), so if we have two class stances our abilities generate those stacks twice as fast.

As for Cloak of Resilience, I only use that in PvE since it's useful for random damage mitigation, stealthing out to rez someone who stood in stupid, or just an additional way of clearing DoTs in HM/NiM since it sometimes conveniently coincides with the rotation. In PvP I don't take it, unless I forget to switch from PvE to PvP utilities. :D

~ Eudoxia

It's not overperforming on its own. When Bioware switched the stances from actives to passives, they screwed up so somehow an extra active stance can randomly trigger on and off. It can happen when you enter/exit ops/pvp instances, login or log out, etc.

It's extra effective for infiltration shadow because the class stance is how we build stacks of breaching shadow to get a highlighted force breach (our main attack), so if we have two class stances our abilities generate those stacks twice as fast.

As for Cloak of Resilience, I only use that in PvE since it's useful for random damage mitigation, stealthing out to rez someone who stood in stupid, or just an additional way of clearing DoTs in HM/NiM since it sometimes conveniently coincides with the rotation. In PvP I don't take it, unless I forget to switch from PvE to PvP utilities. :D

~ Eudoxia

As far as I can see, its not that random. For many people, its the stance you left 4.0 with that bugs. When 5.0 rolled in, last thing I'd done with my sin was tanking something, and I got the Dark Charge double stance 100% of the time. I respec, as soon as I load something, bam 121% accuracy and PT worthy DR.

Also for shadows, it seems it only works on ball lightning, but I dont know if regular melee attack have 2 procs on their independent rate limit or not. But I haven't seen a sin build 2 stack out of ball lightning.

I've built two stacks on clairvoyant strike a several times, so it's not just ball lightning. I can usually tell whether or not I'm bugged by how quickly I'm proccing Force breach, more simply. If it's every like 4.5 seconds it's a bug, if it's fairly higher than that, I'm not bugged.

And even if it isn't class stances being bugged, there is something royally screwing with Shadow Parses. Because I can do the same rotation and get 8K or 10K.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

I've built two stacks on clairvoyant strike a several times, so it's not just ball lightning. I can usually tell whether or not I'm bugged by how quickly I'm proccing Force breach, more simply. If it's every like 4.5 seconds it's a bug, if it's fairly higher than that, I'm not bugged.

And even if it isn't class stances being bugged, there is something royally screwing with Shadow Parses. Because I can do the same rotation and get 8K or 10K.

~ Eudoxia

Yes, the 2 stance going out of sync on melee would make sense. Ball lightning is every 6 seconds tough, so you have a very high chance to get at least ONE proc from it, + ball lightning before the next ball lightning.

Pretty much make discharge usable after every single ball lightning, rather than 1 and a half in a way.

You see it for sure on BL because its an off rate limit 100% proc chance. SO if you have 2, you'll always build 2 there.

Again, can you tell me when exactly you noticed you were not bugged? The way it works for my Dark Charge bug is it only shows when I'm Darkness spec (I don't have double thread or 40% DR on Deception spec, so stance is effectively inactive in that spec) and it only shows if I'm Darkness upon loading an area or the game. If I respec darkness IN an area, its never going to be bugged.

However, its a 100% bug chance if I spec to darkness and load something after. I tried the first few times I PvPed with it to respec just before queuing, and gave up after 4 times, as loading the WZ bugs me again.