The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

DPS Gap between Sniper and Gunslinger?

D_a_r_t_hA_l_e_x

Hi,

I did serveral parses with my Sniper and my gunslinger in engineering/saboteur. It seems to me, that there is a big DPS gap between sniper and gunslinger.

I did 8834 with my gunslinger and only 8528 with my sniper. I had ~4% more crit with my sniper.

There is a small difference in the stats, my gunslinger has a better left side:

Stats Gunslinger:

Bonusdamage: 2998,0

Accuracy: 110,28%

Crit: 1373

Alacrity: 1224

Stats Sniper:

Bonusdamage: 2993,0

Accuracy: 110,28

Crit: 1340

Alacrity: 1213

I have no idea where this difference come from.

Edited by D_a_r_t_hA_l_e_x

other than the 4% crit rate, the main difference between the parses are the miss rate %. With slinger u use both guns and the OH has 30% less acc then a MH. With sniper u dont use ur OH so u get 0% miss.

If u look at speedshots/Series of Shots you can see with sniper u didnt miss any but with slinger u missed 13.13%

also looking the 2 rotations are slightly different

Edited by zoist

other than the 4% crit rate, the main difference between the parses are the miss rate %. With slinger u use both guns and the OH has 30% less acc then a MH. With sniper u dont use ur OH so u get 0% miss.

If u look at speedshots/Series of Shots you can see with sniper u didnt miss any but with slinger u missed 13.13%

also looking the 2 rotations are slightly different

Your missing his point. even with the miss % on his Gunslinger he still did 300+ damage less on his sniper which wasn't missing. He's saying that something is bugged between the two that is giving the Gunslinger more damage then the sniper.

With 5.0 sab slingers got bugged. Basically everytime they use sabotage they get 2 full damage ticks of the ability whereas they should only be getting 1 tick (even with offhand, this ability doesnt have 2 ticks, just look at old parses too). Engi snipers are working as intended and only getting 1 tick so essentially this ability is doing double damage for gunslingers which explains the discrepancy.

Some actual logs to show you the difference

Top gunslinger sab parse: http://parsely.io/parser/view/222250/0 (9512 dps)

Top sniper engi parse http://parsely.io/parser/view/220629/0 (9201 dps)

Now if we look at ability usage tab we can see that both parses have almost the exact same time between sabotage/emp usages. However if we look at total damage ticks from these abilities we see that sabotage has 20 full damage ticks as opposed to emp only having 10. Sabotage did 179k damage, EMP did 84k damage.

If you actually just removed the 10 xtra damage ticks (or halved total damage from sabotage so as not to skew crits) and recalculated, the gunslinger parse would look more like this; (1,502,551 - 89,528)/157.961 = 8945 dps.

Now this calculation isnt a full parse because in this case the player would not have finished yet (since only 1.41 mil damage would have been done. But it shows that if this gunslinger was engi, with the exact same rotation and same crits, he would only be at 8945 dps at this point in their rotation as opposed to 9512 dps due to the bug.

• 1 month later...