Grouping on chapters

Tessie

I thought they said you would be able to take a group into chapters.

I may be doing it wrong, but it seems like only the instance owner gets any quest CXP for doing them. Why would I ask a friend to tag along with me for up to 30 minutes where they have no chance of getting a CXP reward other than from a few kills?

Am I doing it wrong? Is this working as intended? If so, why was it done this way?

I thought they said you would be able to take a group into chapters.

I may be doing it wrong, but it seems like only the instance owner gets any quest CXP for doing them. Why would I ask a friend to tag along with me for up to 30 minutes where they have no chance of getting a CXP reward other than from a few kills?

Am I doing it wrong? Is this working as intended? If so, why was it done this way?

It's working as intended.

You can invite a friend to tag along to help you if you find it too difficult for example but it's meant as solo content so only you get the rewards.

The only reason basically you can group up for story chapters is to accomodate people who cannot handle the difficulty of the stories for whatever reasons and need help.

I'm primarily a solo / duo player, and personally don't have difficulty with the chapters. But the way they presented this made it sound like a fun thing to do with your friends. It wasn't.

It just seems odd that both people wouldn't get a reward, the same way that every other groupable quest works.

I'm primarily a solo / duo player, and personally don't have difficulty with the chapters. But the way they presented this made it sound like a fun thing to do with your friends. It wasn't.

It just seems odd that both people wouldn't get a reward, the same way that every other groupable quest works.

Same here. I don't find the chapters too difficult, or need help with them. But, I do love the way the original core game allowed you to run with a friend, or two, and all partake without having to do the content twice. It seems, in their zeal to make the game more solo-friendly (not complaining about that), they swung the pendulum too far to making it not just difficult to group, but painful as well.

I love the game, but Bioware lost the ability to allow multi-faceted play styles somewhere along the way.