This will abandon any main story chapters you are currently on...

DarthPlecko

Ok, I have been away from the game since Rise of the Emperor (Ziost) and am now returning to start Fallen Empire.

When I go to start Chapter 1, I get the message "This will abandon any main story chapters you are currently on and replace them with Chapter 1: The Hunt"

So now, before I actually start Fallen Empire, I have to ask - what exactly does this affect?

How I am reading it, both in the message and from other sources, is that if I start Chapter 1, I lose access to any story content prior to Fallen Empire that hasn't been completed yet?? I will admit, I don't do Operations frequently, and as such, I still have operations story lines in my quest log (i.e. "Ruugar's Revenge - Complete Operation "The Ravagers", or flashpoints "Violent Uprising - Complete Flashpoint Directive 7") which guides you through the story behind the operations/flashpoints. Will these story quests be lost?

Or, am I way off, and this only refers to any other Fallen Empire chapter you are currently on (i.e. on Chapter 4 and going back to re-do Chapter 1)?

This only refers to any story missions from Chapters 1-3 of your character story. I.e., the Bounty Hunter, Inquisitor, Jedi Knight, etc, story. It has nothing to do with operations, non-story missions, and so on.

Basically, once you start KotFE, you can't finish your class story if you haven't already. But if you've already finished your class story, done SoR and Ziost, you're good to go. Nothing to worry about.

This only refers to any story missions from Chapters 1-3 of your character story. I.e., the Bounty Hunter, Inquisitor, Jedi Knight, etc, story. It has nothing to do with operations, non-story missions, and so on.

Basically, once you start KotFE, you can't finish your class story if you haven't already. But if you've already finished your class story, done SoR and Ziost, you're good to go. Nothing to worry about.

Ok, I know they've started highlighting major story quests in purple, and like I said, sad to say, I don't actively complete FPs or Ops. A number of them are purple story based missions in my log. So then those will still be there for me? It's only the Class quests that are effected?

So let's say, for the sake of it, I start a new character. Work my way through the Class storyline and the major planetary storylines. By this point, my toon is level 62. I can activate Fallen Empire or Eternal Throne from the menu, even though I haven't done the Hutt or Revan expansions (or it least it looks like I can). Would I be able to go back and do Hutt/Revan afterwards (also assume that story continuity is not important to me - I know that the Revan expansion is a lead-in to Fallen Empire so it doesn't make sense to do Revan after you start KOTFE. Just trying to wrap my finger around this)

Those quests will automatically be completed and removed from your mission log. As far as I know, Raise of Hutt Cartel is not affected. Planet Arc Stories are not affected. Class Story, Classic Companion Stories, Shadow of Revan and Ziost are affected, completed and removed without being able to repeat them. You can still repeat operations and flashpoints from them. Edited by BoySaber

Those quests will automatically be completed and removed from your mission log. As far as I know, Raise of Hutt Cartel is not affected. Planet Arc Stories are not affected. Class Story, Classic Companion Stories, Shadow of Revan and Ziost are affected, completed and removed without being able to repeat them.

Thank you.

You can still repeat operations and flashpoints from them.

Can you still do dailies/weeklies on everything still? Don't really care about black hole, section x, or makeb, but still would like to do yavin 4 and rishi.

Also, last question. On fleet where PvE vendors were, are now "Dark side vendor" and "Light side vendor" that takes their respective tokens. What are these vendors for, and where are the new PvE vendors at? (Or are they relocated to a new 'fleet' for KOTFE?)

Thank you.

Can you still do dailies/weeklies on everything still? Don't really care about black hole, section x, or makeb, but still would like to do yavin 4 and rishi.

Also, last question. On fleet where PvE vendors were, are now "Dark side vendor" and "Light side vendor" that takes their respective tokens. What are these vendors for, and where are the new PvE vendors at? (Or are they relocated to a new 'fleet' for KOTFE?)

All the daily stuff (Black Hole, Section X, Makeb, Yavin and Rishi) is still available.

There is no "new fleet". The new vendors are now part of the Galactic Command system. I can't link to it right now, but there should info on that somewhere on the front page.

The only things you will lose access to upon starting KOTFE/KOTET are Class Story, Prelude to Shadow of Revan/Forged Alliances, Shadow of Revan, and Rise of the Emperor (though I believe you can still go to Ziost it will just be in the post Emperor's Ritual state regardless of whether you actually did the quest chain there or not on that character). All Weeklies/Dailies, Ops, Heroics, Planetary Stories, Planetary Side quests, Makeb, Oricon are still available.

The Light/Dark vendors on fleet are part of the new Galactic Command sytem unlocked at Lvl 70. Specifically they are the vendors for the Dark Vs Light/DvL "war" that now happens on each server. The tokens are gained by completing repeatable content (basically ALL repeatable content in the game so far including the KOTFE/KOTET chapters) under the GC system and being of the same general light or dark alignment as whichever side won the most recent battle. If ightside has won and your toon is Light 1,2,3,4, or 5 then you will get tokens as part of your mission rewards, how many dependant on your alignment level. The battles (at least on my server and playtime, Progenitor extremely late night 2-6 a.m. ish) usually conclude every hour or two so they happen frequently. You gain points for your side by again doing the repeatable content through GC and whichever alignment you choose when picking your content type through the GC interface you'll gain points for that side in the current battle.

PVE gear is mostly obtained by playing story and heroics which will give you gear boxes of character level aquivelant gear up until Lvl 70 when your character stops leveling and you begin leveling your Galactic Command rank instead. After that your gear is granted through RNG drops for completing the same repeatable content as noted in the previous paragraph. Each Command Rank earned gets you a chance at another drop, with gear ratings being spread around every 100 Command Ranks or so (I think I saw someone say Tier 3 gear starts about Rank 250? maybe a bit lower). I'm not gonna get into the specifics of the RNG aspect as many others are currently beating that horse all over the forums with a barbed wire bat, but you can find plenty of threads about how the RNG aspect has been affecting people pretty every other thread (in General at least).

Hope that's been helpful.

Edited by LordGwaereon

Ok great, thanks alot guys for the info.

I've seen alot of talk about the RNG system in the forums here, but have yet to find anything explaining the RNG system or how it works.

I know its a random number generator. But what's unclear is the mechanics behind how its used.

And, the one guy who thinks its so great, he thinks the devs should be paid based off it.

Once you hit 70, you open up the Galactic Command system. Basically, you keep gaining XP (now called Command Experience) by doing missions, killing bosses, etc. Once you gain a level, you get a crate of items. The items in this crate are completely random, and contain: moddable (but empty) weapons and pieces of armor, reputation items, companion gifts, Jawa junk of various colors, pets, schematics, and 228 and 230 gear pieces.

However, as I said, EVERY ITEM IS COMPLETELY RANDOM. So there's no telling if you're going to spend a few hours gaining a GC rank and get anything useful or not. There are plenty of people who hit GC rank 10, 20, 30, etc, and haven't gotten a single piece of set gear, sometimes not even a single piece of USEFUL gear.

So now, instead of working and earning tokens, crystals, whatever, you're completely at the mercy of luck. Sometimes you get something useful...but most of the time, you don't. That's how BioWare is forcing their religion of RNGesus on the masses.

IF I WERE YOU.....

I would just continue playing the game and do the story in order (Oricron, Rise of the Hutt Cartel, Shadow of Revan, then KOFE). It's pretty decent and will introduce you to companions you'll have later on in the game. There's no "rush" reason to do KOFE.