Someone Please explain Ben how gearing works in the game!!

majopucik

Dear Ben,

based on what you are saying in the stream about the crate drops it seems to me that you don't actually know how gearing works in the game. Let me explain a little, there are 3 types of gear atm which is Green, Blue and Purple, they are now sorted according to their stats, which means Green has worst stats and Purple has best stats, set bonus and is called "BiS"

Now the people that actually know how gear works already have all Purple 224 gear from the 4.0 era where it was very easy to farm 224 gear from HM operations. For them Green and Blue aren't updates as the 224 gear still has better stats (and set bonus) compared to the 230 rating Green and Blue gear. Even for 220 Purple gear people the Green and Blue Gear pieces arent that much of an update, mainly if they lose the set bonus.

To all this come also the compromise of increasing the GC rank. If you have to decide whether to keep a Green piece of gear on your full Purple 220 toon you also have to consider the grind. CXP is not hard to get and using that Green piece is not necessary for you as its much more useful to convert it to CXP.

What all this means, people consider gear to be Purple gear, not Green or Blue, those 2 aren't an update, whether you believe it or not. That's the big fuzz around the GC crates and the gear inside. People will be disintegrating stuff till they reach rank 90 where they start to get 236 gear, which you can really say is an update if you get at least Blue quality gear, but we are talking about rank 90 here, where most people have trouble getting to rank 30-40. What was expected of this system is that it would drop BiS gear only or at least after rank 180 for example. So that after rank 180 every level u gain is a BiS Purple quality gear.

This is at least how I would explain it but people might do better.

I hope this explains whats wrong with your system :)

Edited by majopucik

A strange post that misses the mark on most people's gripe with GC.

But I suppose you can add it to it. :)

I would say, it was an attempt to explain to the DEVS how players view the rewards from the CXP Crates.

Which leads to mainly disintegrate everything that is crap - which 95% of Tier 1 is, if you were in 224 gear before.

and then we have the ilvl 230 earpieces and implants. where blue ones have better stats than the purple ones :eek::eek::eek::eek: this is WEIRD :D:D:D

Well, i will do my best to get some data from the crates in order to support the thread, but i hope ill just remember it cause i mostly disintegrate everything not Purple :)

Someone Please explain Ben how gearing works in the game!!

Someone please explain to majopucik that we have folks with vision problems here in the forums and the use of colors just makes things hard to read.

Oh and don't expect a response from Ben or for someone to try and explain this to him. I went around with him a few months ago on a customer service issue. He's completely one sided.

I would say, it was an attempt to explain to the DEVS how players view the rewards from the CXP Crates.

Which leads to mainly disintegrate everything that is crap - which 95% of Tier 1 is, if you were in 224 gear before.

Just because you could get almost full set of 224 gear for not even trying in about 2 hours means that you should be able to do the same now?

Hopefully, OP doesn't do webpages. Dark purple on black background...

Edited by Halinalle

Someone please explain to majopucik that we have folks with vision problems here in the forums and the use of colors just makes things hard to read.

Oh and don't expect a response from Ben or for someone to try and explain this to him. I went around with him a few months ago on a customer service issue. He's completely one sided.

You can highlight the areas you're struggling with. I find that often helps.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.