Producer Livestream Wrap Up thread

TaitWatson

My point was that by improving the consistency of Bolster (at least within categories), removing bugs, and BW communicating what each category should receive for Bolster, BW could remove some of the hatred of GC without changing GC itself.

By Bolstering all 204+ gear to max Tier 3 equivalent for PVP, BW would let players change stat distributions by changing out gear, so even the oldest 4.x set bonus gear would work. This should almost entirely remove gearing as an issue. Selling 224 set bonus gear for credits (in combination with the Bolster change) should entirely eliminate gearing as an issue. At the same time, this gear would behave "as is" in non-PVP content.

Bolstering SM FPs to 224, SM OPs to 228, and other stuff (EC, whatever) similarly would allow players to participate in *entry* level content with essentially little to no effort. Open world and HM/NiM content would require the appropriate grinds. Adding operation token drops to SM/HM/NiM bosses should allow people raiding to get the necessary raid gear for their current progression level as before, but (since PVP would be bolstered to top Tier 3), this would not convey a PVP advantage.

People who neither PVP nor raid (above SM) wouldn't particularly benefit, but they didn't before 5.0 either, so they shouldn't really complain that they now have RNG chances to get what they couldn't before.

Yep. Again, I agree with what you've written. I just don't see them adding non vanity gear tokens back into the game. Nor do I see them selling set bonus gear for credits (I believe that would negate their entire gc system). And we know what their communication looks like. They said they'd consider changing the drop rates in the stream, but they followed up with "but greens are better than your current purples." Their thought process is off, because they aren't considering bolster.

I'm trying to look at it from the perspective of what's the least amount of work for them to code. I imagine increasing the drop rate of purple set bonus gear is it. Plus, it would keep their desired gear grind for 70's in place.

Don't get me wrong; I think your idea on changing bolster depending on what content you're doing is a fine idea. Do you believe it would even make it on to their wall of crazy? Perhaps, but it'll be right there next to toggleable hoods, traditional jedi robes, cross server, legacy wallets, chat bubbles, and any number of other things with would improve player experience. But won't happen.

If my last declaration turns out to be incorrect, I will be pleased. For now, though, I want my command rank progress to be indicative of how close I am to getting something that's an improvement. Right now, it's just telling me how long until I get to disintegrate an entire pack and start over again.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Patching' Galactic Command is not what a lot of your paying customers want. They want the RNG gearing system removed--or, as an alternative, for loot to be put back on Flashpoint and Operations bosses so that people will have two gearing methods to choose from.

I know this is not your fault and completely outside of your control, Tait. I don't envy your position right now. But be sure to let your bosses know that this is one Founder who is going to let their subscription lapse for the first time ever. All the marketing double-speak and vague "we'll monitor and think about doing something maybe" nonsense has made me unwilling to continue to pay into this game.

This is exactly it! Operations gearing should not be left to change with an excessive RNG grind. We want unassembled operations armor tokens with the known boss loot tables to return.

I agree that I think there should be some type of set bonus drops from ops. I am not sure how to implement it. The old system was way to easy to get a set bonus. I think its silly that you should be able to run less then 10 ops and have your full raid team in set bonus.

It's easy, make the raiding gear system like it was in 4.0 because it worked and was alt and offspec friendly (and BW encouraged making 16 alts between the last two large events) and this gearing method actually helped the SM GF raiders because those of us on raid teams would run GF ops for additional gear and help them clear SM content in the process. Are you really saying you can run 10 Ops to be fully geared, are you kidding me? There are 14 pieces that drop from operations and in a normal raid team 8 people who need all 14 items so it takes significantly longer to fully gear your entire raid team than just 10 operations. Plus there are two tiers of gear normally in Ops (three in 4.0) so there's no way to fully gear in 10 operations or less unless you are doing dedicated runs to outfit a new raid member where he gets all of the gear. Plus the set bonus from 4.0 carries over and works with 5.0 set bonus completely nullifying your point about getting a set bonus "too quickly".

If you think it's "silly" to gear at a good pace then fine, feel free to pass on the loot so your teammates can gear properly but we're gearing to do harder content not gearing as an end state for bragging rights so it's nice to be able to get back to work clearing HM and NM content after a level cap increase.

I liked the stream, realistically speaking, there just isn't enough data present. Folks are wanting changes on fears of something

People are not posting "fears of something" they're telling BW actual issues with 5.0 that they experienced. If you're not a raider or PVP guy that's fine but don't act like their issues don't matter since you're content to play RNG roulette for gear while you play the story with your OP companions.

I just want my old companions back. I'm really sad we're not getting any more until next year at the earliest. And that's if we get them back at all! :(

Agreed. I honest don't understand the logic of having a story line that actually results in robbing customers of their investments. Like a bank just taking away your money because they you'll find it really fun....NOT!

If you are going to take away companions in the future then would you mind letting us know now so that we don't bother investing in giving them gifts or develop an emotional attachment.

Better still, make their character so unbearably annoying, ugly and unable to understand a word of what they are saying (hmm wonder who that reminds me of) that nothing but seeing them gruesomely killed would give us blissful joy!

Even better still let us do the killing! *eye twitching like Commissioner Dreyfus.

Well, before 5.0 launched I was thinking, lets wait and see.

However, the level of grind and RNG is disgusting. Level 40 = 1 set piece ? How can anyone consider such **** exciting or fun ?

Casuals and semi casuals have no chance to catch up in tjis crazy system. It could have been fun, but not like this and buffing flashpoints x 2 will not solve anything.

In one month, ranked PVP will be dominated by those who grinded intensively or bought mods adn enhancements of GTN for crazy prices. No balance will exist. And the rest people willing to go to operation will stop because there is no way to gear sensfully.

I have always been big fun of this game. But this system is so annoying and demotivating that this is the first I consider the outrage all around right thing to do.

FIX THIS ! ASAP !

Well I now have 224/230 armorings and 240 mods and enhancemnts and i dont feel that my stats are any better, when i look at them in a wz it seems to be the same as with the 224 stuff with 110% accuracy

Well I now have 224/230 armorings and 240 mods and enhancemnts and i dont feel that my stats are any better, when i look at them in a wz it seems to be the same as with the 224 stuff with 110% accuracy

Yup this whole gear grind will end (if it ever ends that is) with you being relatively just the same level of power as you were before 5.0 launched.

That is the whole point of the RNG grind fest.

All The Best

Until you fix the drops on the command crates, I officially quit. When you have people in the 100s still looking for pieces for their full set bonuses, you have failed. All you have created is a expansion of disappointment and proved you are inept at your jobs.