where to look for trooper commando builds?

trooperrob

http://db.darthhater.com/search.aspx?search_text=commando+-+dps+%2831%2F6%2F4%29

There is also an article that provides PVE DPS and PVP DPS build on there some where but I could not relocate it, have it saved at home, but not there ATM

The builds on there are terrible... Gunnery DPS commandos should NOT be using Plasma Cells or Combat Support Cells.

It is difficult to have a "bad" build as long as you spend 31 points in a specific tree. The only choices really left to the player are to spend talent points on PvP specific cooldowns or on minor increases in damage.

The 10 points spent outside of your main tree should be focused on increasing base damage/healing. Just use common sense.

Overall, anyone with a basic level of MMO experience should be able to construct a viable build. BW has made it so that bad builds are really hard to make unless you try for hybrid builds.

Going to go ahead and disagree with your assertion that it is all damage, and nothing else. There aren't 31 damage talents in the Gunnery tree, let alone 35.

This is my build. Took 1 point of First Responder over 1 point of Weapon Calibrations because First Responder is up > 40% of the time.

... This is my build. Took 1 point of First Responder over 1 point of Weapon Calibrations because First Responder is up > 40% of the time.

Unless it's changed, Alacrity doesn't do much for Gunnery since it doesn't lower the 1.5sec GCD it only really helps FA. Quite a few talent points for such a limited boos IF Alacrity doesn't lower the GCD.

Now if it turns out Alacrity really does make Gunnery casts faster... :D I'll be doing a remap for sure.

Edited by Kunari

It doesn't reduce the GCD, but it does seem that you can start casting another Grav Round immediately after the last without a break in between. So for instant casts it does nothing, but as far as I can tell it boosts Grav Round and Full Auto. Also, there are no other DPS talents to take, so even if Alacrity only affected Full Auto it would still be better than the alternatives.

Edit: Also, it's only two talents.

Edited by altiris

Going to go ahead and disagree with your assertion that it is all damage, and nothing else. There aren't 31 damage talents in the Gunnery tree, let alone 35.

This is my build. Took 1 point of First Responder over 1 point of Weapon Calibrations because First Responder is up > 40% of the time.

Why are you guys taking heavy Trooper? Wouldn't those 2 points be more useful somewhere else?

Cheers.

Why are you guys taking heavy Trooper? Wouldn't those 2 points be more useful somewhere else?

Cheers.

The only other places to put them are:

Advanced Tech (worse)

Tenacious Defense (useful for pvp, arguably worse in pve)

Cover Fire (useful for pvp, arguably worse in pve)

So, no, they aren't necessarily more useful somewhere else.