The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware, Flamethrower/Firestorm animation needs to be longer

Swerto

Animations are important for making a class feel fun to play. For the most part Bioware, you have understood this and given each class wonderful animations over all the years of SWTOR.

The current Flamethrower and Firestorm animation, while good looking, are both far too short. Flame burst and flame sweep are both less important abilities with no cooldown that last twice as long animation wise. Do what you did with Master Strike, Ravage, and the Vigilance/Vengeance replacements - make the animation last for the full GCD and maybe even longer and let us cancel out of it. Currently Firestorm and Flamethrower feel pathetic, weak. It doesn't feel like when I cast them I'm using my big class cooldown.

Additionally: Firestorm and flamethrower currently leave behind a charred area on the ground. Liven that area up with fire instead of just leaving it smoldering, make it look like standing it will actually do some damage.

Edited by Swerto

While we are at it, Advanced Prototype could use some variety in animation, u do the same wrist animation for most of his attacks. Something with using the gun, like shield spec heat shot.

Yeah the gun for AP is like the lightsaber for the sorc

While we are at it, Advanced Prototype could use some variety in animation, u do the same wrist animation for most of his attacks. Something with using the gun, like shield spec heat shot.

Yea, AP and Tactics got short stick with 3.0 animations. Shots themselves are also extremely lame.

But at least Tactics shoot that stuff differently