I'm baffled at the difficult difference with KotFE to KotET.

xeoneex

Well spending 100's of thousands of credits on repairs now I managed to get to chapter 6 -_-. Leveling up seemed to help a bit but for some dumb reason I have had nothing but problems with these chapters. Granted none of my companions are rank 50, they should be adequate enough to heal or tank. But I find some chapters to have way harder sets of mobs than others. Take the Iokath section, it's way easier than the first chapter and the chapter with acina. After you crash on dromand kaas the FIRST BLOODY FIGHT, has a mob that can 1 hit me. Most of my gear is 190-208. I never was into being min-max or any of that garbage but I shouldn't be THAT weak. It didn't even matter what my Acina was set to, heals eventually she would die or I would die. If she was tank she couldn't take a hit to save her life, literally dying within seconds of that fight. The only reason I won that fight was to pick off mobs between deaths. Eventually I was able to somehow beat the gold starred cat thing and move on, but even then regular mobs were retarded hard. Fast forward to Iokath, sets of the same amount of mobs I could kill with ease.

So there IS a discrepancy with difficulty. I don't get why though. I can understand buffing silver and gold star mobs slightly, hell I felt prior to this silver star mobs were tougher than gold star in that they could do far more damage than gold star mobs. But it seems they boosted the amount of damage silver star could take while keeping the damage output about the same, and just completelty buffed up the gold star mobs entirely, at least in most instances like I said there are a few fights that are ridiculously easy. Actually looking back on the whole Dromand Kaas chapter, there were some mobs that were one hit wonders, and the gold star mobs that you needed to kill to find the Geno Haradan camp were as weak as regular mobs anywhere else I could blink and they died. So again I ask why the discrepancy with mob difficulty? This was apparently not thoroughly tested enough. A new player coming in to this would find this horrifically unplayable. Maybe you people have no problems because of your min-max gear or however you play or whatever. I play solo-casual in this game and I never had issues up to this point.

Well spending 100's of thousands of credits on repairs now I managed to get to chapter 6 -_-. Leveling up seemed to help a bit but for some dumb reason I have had nothing but problems with these chapters. Granted none of my companions are rank 50, they should be adequate enough to heal or tank. But I find some chapters to have way harder sets of mobs than others. Take the Iokath section, it's way easier than the first chapter and the chapter with acina. After you crash on dromand kaas the FIRST BLOODY FIGHT, has a mob that can 1 hit me. Most of my gear is 190-208. I never was into being min-max or any of that garbage but I shouldn't be THAT weak. It didn't even matter what my Acina was set to, heals eventually she would die or I would die. If she was tank she couldn't take a hit to save her life, literally dying within seconds of that fight. The only reason I won that fight was to pick off mobs between deaths. Eventually I was able to somehow beat the gold starred cat thing and move on, but even then regular mobs were retarded hard. Fast forward to Iokath, sets of the same amount of mobs I could kill with ease.

So there IS a discrepancy with difficulty. I don't get why though. I can understand buffing silver and gold star mobs slightly, hell I felt prior to this silver star mobs were tougher than gold star in that they could do far more damage than gold star mobs. But it seems they boosted the amount of damage silver star could take while keeping the damage output about the same, and just completelty buffed up the gold star mobs entirely, at least in most instances like I said there are a few fights that are ridiculously easy. Actually looking back on the whole Dromand Kaas chapter, there were some mobs that were one hit wonders, and the gold star mobs that you needed to kill to find the Geno Haradan camp were as weak as regular mobs anywhere else I could blink and they died. So again I ask why the discrepancy with mob difficulty? This was apparently not thoroughly tested enough. A new player coming in to this would find this horrifically unplayable. Maybe you people have no problems because of your min-max gear or however you play or whatever. I play solo-casual in this game and I never had issues up to this point.

/Sigh.

YOU ARE PLAYING ON VETERAN MODE.

Lol.

Turn down the difficulty to story mode. I mean, they warn you repeatedly when you try to do chapters on veteran mode that it's veteran mode.

I think the biggest issue people are having is that up until this expansion, you could over gear (it works even with the level changes) and blow through stuff without even noticing boss mechanics.

That seems to have changed since they put the Arena in.

They are using the mechanics from some of the arena opponents in bosses in the new expansion, and they have toughened them enough that you can't really ignore them like we used to.

Galactic Command also means no one, unless you are one lucky SOB, is over geared for this stuff when you are doing it any more.

I'm not even sure how much gear matters in Story Mode. I ran through on my Merc with 208 (formerly)PvP gear and it was more than enough to get me through without any difficulty. That one fight in chapter 9 got me a few times until I figured out where to stand, but that's about it.

Behold the tears of the casual (rhymes with critter). This is SWTOR's target audience now. Spoiled by the uninspired faceroll easy content that was KOTFE. I've read through a few good suggestions in the replies but here's mine:

LEARN TO PLAY GAME AND LEARN TO PLAY YOUR CLASS! It might come as a complete shocker to you but each discipline in each class has a rotation (an order in which you perform abilities to maximize your damage / healing / mitigation). Sometimes these rotations are fixed and sometimes they are priority based. Learn to use your defensive cooldowns, crowd control, and stuns.

Maybe if you casuals would stop whining in the forums about wanting to romance a tauntaun or have this or that idiotic npc as a companion and actually learn to play the game it wouldn't be so hard. Maybe i'm an *** for saying this but ever since BW has decided to cater to singleplayer, chapter loving, casual critters this once amazing game has gone to hell. The average player skill level these days is about that of a trained chimp.

Behold the tears of the casual (rhymes with critter). This is SWTOR's target audience now. Spoiled by the uninspired faceroll easy content that was KOTFE. I've read through a few good suggestions in the replies but here's mine:

LEARN TO PLAY GAME AND LEARN TO PLAY YOUR CLASS! It might come as a complete shocker to you but each discipline in each class has a rotation (an order in which you perform abilities to maximize your damage / healing / mitigation). Sometimes these rotations are fixed and sometimes they are priority based. Learn to use your defensive cooldowns, crowd control, and stuns.

Maybe if you casuals would stop whining in the forums about wanting to romance a tauntaun or have this or that idiotic npc as a companion and actually learn to play the game it wouldn't be so hard. Maybe i'm an *** for saying this but ever since BW has decided to cater to singleplayer, chapter loving, casual critters this once amazing game has gone to hell. The average player skill level these days is about that of a trained chimp.

Yeah, dude, chill... he clearly has it on veteran mode. If he didn't know how to play then he would not be getting two shot at all... his not knowing how to play has no influence on the amount of damage the mobs deal. Maybe drop the attitude and offer advice?

A I'm NOT a casual gamer, I play SWTOR as casual because I don't care about thigns like ops FP's or pvp. I mainly care about the story and killing **** in my own person time and way. Second I haven't had the thing set to veteren since I realized it was on veteren and it was still difficult. Third there IS an inconsistancy in the difficulty i've seen it first hand vet/story mode aside.

Part of the problem was it was on veteren, and while I put it back to story it STILL proves to be difficult even with a healer companion :/. I don't want to post spoilers but it hardly matters because I struggled from chapter 1 to chapter 4 now. I managed to overcome some of these hard arsed obstacles I still find it ridiculous that I'm having so much trouble. I did this on my marauder and I only died because I attempted it on veteren. I even managed to beat the first chapter on veteren with my marauder. Aside from that it was cake. But as my sorceress? VERY difficult.

Not sure someone told you already, but I experienced a bug in KOTFE, when I dialed down the difficulty from veteran to story, and according to the mission log, it did dial down, however the mobs were still the same difficulty.

So I had to restart the whole chapter from scratch in story mode, and that solved the issue, now mobs were much easier.

Edited by Galahard

A I'm NOT a casual gamer, I play SWTOR as casual because I don't care about thigns like ops FP's or pvp. I mainly care about the story and killing **** in my own person time and way. Second I haven't had the thing set to veteren since I realized it was on veteren and it was still difficult. Third there IS an inconsistancy in the difficulty i've seen it first hand vet/story mode aside.

which part of the story are talking about here exactly?

Not sure someone told you already, but I experienced a bug in KOTFE, when I dialed down the difficulty from veteran to story, and according to the mission log, it did dial down, however the mobs were still the same difficulty.

So I had to restart the whole chapter from scratch in story mode, and that solved the issue, now mobs were much easier.

I'm fairly certain that is the case, the rest of the chapters have been much easier, though I question some of the design decisions for mob hp. I encountered certain gold star mobs with 15k hp? I don't get why they set it like that but whatever I'm almost done with this with my sorceress and then I can quit for awhile since I have no desire to do much else. Unless they add more chapters or something, the whole GC thing for me is... interesting but seeing as they never pop on my marauder, yay Jung Ma population or lackthereof. At any rate I think it was just a glitch with the whole story/veteren mode setting.