Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

230 Prototype and Artifact Hilts and Enhancements are the same?

Screaming_Ziva

Why would there be any difference? 230 gear is 230 gear, regardless of color. The prototype 230 gear is better than my artifact 228 gear, of course, as well. No surprise.

Now if that blue 230 is "Versatile Hilt 50", and the purple 230 is ALSO "Versatile Hilt 50", then yes that's a problem. What are the names of the hilts?

230 is the item rating, and the stats for all at that rating should be the same. That's how it works. The mods only look different because one is a "Lethal Mod 50A" and one is a "Lethal Mod 4x"

Edited by stoopicus

Color is irrelevant, item rating (as well as 'name' such as 'Adept' or 'Mod A') is what drives the stats.

This is no different than when the items on Ziost were all blue (prototype) 190 (and generally optimized such as 'Adept' enhancements) and people were too stupid to look and compare the stats, and would vendor them while wearing purple 168 commendation gear with high endurance poorly optimized modifications.

To remove the confusion they should just color all gear the same as too many people are going to think anything blue (or green) in their boxes is junk when it could very well be an upgrade.

Edited by DawnAskham

Why would there be any difference? 230 gear is 230 gear, regardless of color. The prototype 230 gear is better than my artifact 228 gear, of course, as well. No surprise.

Now if that blue 230 is "Versatile Hilt 50", and the purple 230 is ALSO "Versatile Hilt 50", then yes that's a problem. What are the names of the hilts?

230 is the item rating, and the stats for all at that rating should be the same. That's how it works. The mods only look different because one is a "Lethal Mod 50A" and one is a "Lethal Mod 4x"

...what game have you been playing these past 5 years? Purple mods of the same rating as blue mods of the same type have ALWAYS had higher stats. Purple 230 mods should have higher stats than blue 230 mods of the same type. Have you literally never paid attention to your gear?

Edited by AscendingSky

Furthermore, items at the same level may have different stat distributions even if the "budget" is the same (and that can be reflected in the name, as others have mentioned). Usually (or at least "mostly previously"), a green item of a given level requires a higher character level to use than a stat-equivalent blue or purple (although this is largely meaningless at end game).

...what game have you been playing these past 5 years? Purple mods of the same rating as blue mods of the same type have ALWAYS had higher stats. Purple 230 mods should have higher stats than blue 230 mods of the same type. Have you literally never paid attention to your gear?

lolwut?

This.

It's always been Green < Blue < Purple gear for gear of the same item rating.

Color is irrelevant, item rating (as well as 'name' such as 'Adept' or 'Mod A') is what drives the stats.

This is no different than when the items on Ziost were all blue (prototype) 190 (and generally optimized such as 'Adept' enhancements) and people were too stupid to look and compare the stats, and would vendor them while wearing purple 168 commendation gear with high endurance poorly optimized modifications.

To remove the confusion they should just color all gear the same as too many people are going to think anything blue (or green) in their boxes is junk when it could very well be an upgrade.

This. It's almost like people haven't looked at their stuff. This is hilarious.

This.

Post an example photo of two pieces with the same item rating and different stats. I just looked at a couple pieces of blue vs purple 220 gear in-game and they were the same.

Also post the name of the gear to make sure you're not looking at a "Mod 40" vs "Mod 45A" or something.

Edited by stoopicus

This.

No, it's been that way for *character* level, not *item* level. For most of the game's history, end game items have all been purple with different item levels for each tier. But while leveling (i.e., before end game), the best items you could use at a given char level were indigo (legendary, now gold, and not common) > purple (artifact) > blue (prototype) > green (whatever) > white/grey (trash).

no, it's been that way for *character* level, not *item* level. For most of the game's history, end game items have all been purple with different item levels for each tier. But while leveling (i.e., before end game), the best items you could use at a given char level were indigo (legendary, now gold, and not common) > purple (artifact) > blue (prototype) > green (whatever) > white/grey (trash).

exactly.

Wrong, modifications with the same item rating (such as 230), regardless of color, have had the same stats.

Where this might be confusing is that particularly for crafted modifications, the item name with the old numbering system (such as Adept Enhancement 12) would be the same across green, blue and purple modifications, yet have different stats - however these all had different item ratings.

Edited by DawnAskham

Wrong, modifications with the same item rating (such as 230), regardless of color, have had the same stats.

Where this might be confusing is that particularly for crafted modifications, the item name with the old numbering system (such as Adept Enhancement 12) would be the same across green, blue and purple modifications, yet have different stats - however these all had different item ratings.

Aha... I see, I misunderstood the original premise it seems! Silly me.

Off to research my own crafters and stored gear drops!

Aha... I see, I misunderstood the original premise it seems! Silly me.

Off to research my own crafters and stored gear drops!

No harm no foul :)

It is kind of confusing, the two numbering systems. No idea why they did that, rather than just names.

Good point, and on looking at the two items more closely... the purple is a 4.0 item and the blue is a 5.0 item.. right?

We need to see the naming on the actual two hilts to be sure.

If so.. then yeah.. it's just a color difference for the same item/mod rating, and I have seen that before with item comparisons from items from two game different release levels.

Edited by Andryah

Good point, and on looking at the two items more closely... the purple is a 4.0 item and the blue is a 5.0 item.. right?

There were no 230 items before 5.0, the highest previous item rating was 224. There's nothing wrong here. Which is why it's hilarious when people say they "haven't received anything" by GC rank 30 or whatever. They *have* received upgrades. They are just too stupid to recognize that blues and greens can be upgrades as long as the rating is >224.

There were no 230 items before 5.0, the highest previous item rating was 224. There's nothing wrong here. Which is why it's hilarious when people say they "haven't received anything" by GC rank 30 or whatever. They *have* received upgrades. They are just too stupid to recognize that blues and greens can be upgrades as long as the rating is >224.

The actual Ossessan Lightsaber is in fact a 4.0 item. The Eternal Lightsaber... clearly a Command Crate drop from 5.0

The mods in the lightsaber? can't tell for sure. What is unclear is what exactly is the mod name and source for the hilts in each of the two items shown. That would settle the confusion.

I do agree with you that color cannot be used as the sole method of evaluating an items value and level. Inconsistency by the studio just adds to the confusion amongst the player base.

Edited by Andryah

Near as I can tell, the gear appears to give the same stats by design. The critical difference between the blue and purple seems to be simply that the purple-quality armor gives a set bonus and the blue-quality doesn't. And yes I realize that it's a weapon being discussed here, but that doesn't change what seems to be the intention. That said, it does mean that a blue-quality weapon or similar is actually [i[better[/i] than purple-quality, since it will have smaller mod-removal and repair fees. Edited by JLazarillo

No, it's been that way for *character* level, not *item* level. For most of the game's history, end game items have all been purple with different item levels for each tier. But while leveling (i.e., before end game), the best items you could use at a given char level were indigo (legendary, now gold, and not common) > purple (artifact) > blue (prototype) > green (whatever) > white/grey (trash).

Oh, that's right, I take back my comment.

the colour is wrong, usually same name and different colour have a +4 or +8 stats depending on tier and prepended with an "advanced", seems like a visual bug or duplicated item ingame, seeing the actual names could be more specific and could be that the purple hilt one has an "advanced" in the name, in that case should be rating 234/238, or the blue one should be 228 depending on how the new tiers are rated

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.