The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

My opinion on how to post proper feedback...positive or negative

LordArtemis

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically LordArtimus is saying that bluntness is unappreciated and that we should sugar coat our statements so they sound less harsh.

As in he wants us to soften our tone so as not to hurt their feelings.

Direct speech, blunt conversation and a firm tone are, often, to much for those who are fragile in ego and emotion to be able to handle...

Sorry, I'm a blunt person. I'm direct. I am respectful, but I won't sugar coat my words. If you can't handle that you probably want to go live in your safe space, avoid working in an environment where you have to interact with your boss and co-workers make sure all of your social interactions are with like minded people .

I spent 20 years in the Army, deployed to 3 combat zones and was responsible for the lives of dozens of soldiers. The best way to get your point across, the majority of the time, is to be respectfully direct and to the point, blunt without being insulting. I never asked my soldiers to please get down into the prone position to avoid enemy fire, I told them to put their face in the dirt so they don't get their *** shot off.

5.0 stinks, the few good things about this EX-Pack are overshadowed by the bad. There isn't enough positives to make up for the negatives and BW really laid a turd with this one. There is no way to sugarcoat that in order to spare their feelings...

Well, I think you might be exaggerating my position a bit there Rivan. I think I was clear that feedback, even if it is harsh (I am guilty of giving quite harsh feedback in the past) is acceptable as long as it has some kind of structure and some constructive value.

Complaints can be seen as actually MORE valuable than compliments as far as feedback goes.