Jugg broken?

faelleouf

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Copy from a thread on the Guardian forums: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=906429

I've been talking some with Rydarus about Guardian issues. I was going to make a post about this, but might as well talk about them here, as it mostly has to do with arena survivability. Here's a combination of our ideas:

For PVP survivability, I feel that with other classes receiving incredibly strong anti-focus tools, we're falling behind. Focused Defense can be bursted through quite easily, reflect is a shorter duration and more limited when compared to Commando reflect or Sentinel pacify, and Guardians have no reset like Sentinel or Shadow's stealth out. Commando and Sentinels have 3 effective anti-focus DCDs with 2 of them on a short CD. Guardians have 2 which are less effective and on longer CDs.

My DCD suggestions are the following:

Reflect - Lower the cooldown of reflect to 45s and make it baseline 5s. Replace that part of the utility point to make reflect have another secondary effect. Rydarus suggested adding another root break effect, but we have plenty already. I'd suggest maybe allow it to reflect single target melee damage as well.

Guardian Leap - Allow guardian leap to purge roots and slows by default, and allow either vigilance or focus to avoid all damage and effects during the guardian leap (similar to ops roll and blade blitz). I'd like this for both DPS specs, but it would be too OP for tanks.

Rydarus didn't like this suggestion. He wants the old 8% HP returned on Guardian Leap back. While I do miss the heal, I believe my suggestion would help more for anti-focus usage. It would allow you to avoid burst damage. Rydarus' suggestion would help more for dealing with sustained damage.

Focused Defense - To bring this defensive more in-line with other anti-focus DCDs, DPS specs should get a 40% damage redction buff for 6-10s if 10 stacks of Focused Defense are consumed.

As for your ideas Zodius, I like my reflect idea more. It allows reflect to retain its power as an anti-focus tool having a 5s duration, but still on a shorter CD than what we have currently. However, I would rather see your idea be implemented than have nothing happen at all. In its current form, reflect is relatively weak and needs a change.

However, I'm not a fan of your suggested Enure change. I like how Enure interacts with medpacs, and is fairly unique in general. Your suggestion would problem by OP for tanks, too. I would suggest that both DPS specs get access to the 15% damage reduction that Vigilance enjoys current. I would also suggest that it be increased to 20%.

Edited by Andrew_Past

I honestly feel that they can be fixed with some minor twinks. IMO there damage is fine, mobility is fine, they just need better defensive cool downs.

I would love to see saber reflect updated to be a more clutch ability to use strategically, rather than just pop and hope for the best. Instead of the 1 min cd, 5 second reflect, id like to see it on something like a 30 second cool down, with it only lasting 2-3 seconds.

I also think that Endure pain should be adjusted so that instead of increasing health by 30% for 20 seconds, it would reduce damage taken by 30% for something like 10 seconds, and have something like a 45 second cool down.

I believe changes as simple as that would be a huge difference in the classes ability to actually be useful in ranked play.

Good ideas. I agree some DCD buffs is all that's required.

I honestly feel that they can be fixed with some minor twinks. IMO there damage is fine, mobility is fine, they just need better defensive cool downs.

I would love to see saber reflect updated to be a more clutch ability to use strategically, rather than just pop and hope for the best. Instead of the 1 min cd, 5 second reflect, id like to see it on something like a 30 second cool down, with it only lasting 2-3 seconds.

I also think that Endure pain should be adjusted so that instead of increasing health by 30% for 20 seconds, it would reduce damage taken by 30% for something like 10 seconds, and have something like a 45 second cool down.

I believe changes as simple as that would be a huge difference in the classes ability to actually be useful in ranked play.

Damage could use a little buff. Blood master should be brought up to 15%, Ravage should be stronger and Plasma Brand returned to pre 4.0 proportions. Also the new utility makes saber throw, slash and Riposte obsolete for pve rotations and not needed at all. Optimal dps shouldn't require specific utilities to be taken - that thing should be a core guardian/jug thing.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Copy from a thread on the Guardian forums: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=906429

I've been talking some with Rydarus about Guardian issues. I was going to make a post about this, but might as well talk about them here, as it mostly has to do with arena survivability. Here's a combination of our ideas:

For PVP survivability, I feel that with other classes receiving incredibly strong anti-focus tools, we're falling behind. Focused Defense can be bursted through quite easily, reflect is a shorter duration and more limited when compared to Commando reflect or Sentinel pacify, and Guardians have no reset like Sentinel or Shadow's stealth out. Commando and Sentinels have 3 effective anti-focus DCDs with 2 of them on a short CD. Guardians have 2 which are less effective and on longer CDs.

My DCD suggestions are the following:

Reflect - Lower the cooldown of reflect to 45s and make it baseline 5s. Replace that part of the utility point to make reflect have another secondary effect. Rydarus suggested adding another root break effect, but we have plenty already. I'd suggest maybe allow it to reflect single target melee damage as well.

Guardian Leap - Allow guardian leap to purge roots and slows by default, and allow either vigilance or focus to avoid all damage and effects during the guardian leap (similar to ops roll and blade blitz). I'd like this for both DPS specs, but it would be too OP for tanks.

Rydarus didn't like this suggestion. He wants the old 8% HP returned on Guardian Leap back. While I do miss the heal, I believe my suggestion would help more for anti-focus usage. It would allow you to avoid burst damage. Rydarus' suggestion would help more for dealing with sustained damage.

Focused Defense - To bring this defensive more in-line with other anti-focus DCDs, DPS specs should get a 40% damage redction buff for 6-10s if 10 stacks of Focused Defense are consumed.

As for your ideas Zodius, I like my reflect idea more. It allows reflect to retain its power as an anti-focus tool having a 5s duration, but still on a shorter CD than what we have currently. However, I would rather see your idea be implemented than have nothing happen at all. In its current form, reflect is relatively weak and needs a change.

However, I'm not a fan of your suggested Enure change. I like how Enure interacts with medpacs, and is fairly unique in general. Your suggestion would problem by OP for tanks, too. I would suggest that both DPS specs get access to the 15% damage reduction that Vigilance enjoys current. I would also suggest that it be increased to 20%.

Also good ideas! :)

I just don't understand how they justify all these ranged classes having better defense AND higher damage output than all the melee classes on top of a **** ton more mobility. Melee are in a bad place atm.

COULD.NOT.AGREE.MORE

Ranged classes in this game will always wreck the melee classes. Such a ********* imbalanced game. Idk why I thought PvP would have improved. Time to unsub again.