The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Thursday SWTOR livestream BINGO Card.

AutoCocker

Usually a plus to link to the source -

I would have liked to see a mention about support tickets disappearing.

Nice. Wasn't sure where it came from originally. Friend linked the image in mumble. Needless to say found it spot on lol. And hell with all these "add on" ideas maybe this could become a thing. Bingo cards for every live stream!

Nice. Wasn't sure where it came from originally. Friend linked the image in mumble. Needless to say found it spot on lol. And hell with all these "add on" ideas maybe this could become a thing. Bingo cards for every live stream!

No problem and thanks for the response. My Masters is in Library Science and references are always a plus. :)

Gone to see if I can find a card generator.

Oh the cesspool of swtor forums.

You people cry about the lack of support then when they offer support you troll them with a childish bingo card? Yeah why do they ignore this cesspool???

I'm not going to participate in the Bingo or the livestream, but you are aware that one of the most common coping mechanisms is humour, don't you. It's pretty bad if people are so hopeless about how things are going to turn out that the only response they have left is making fun of it....

It's pretty bad if people are so hopeless about how things are going to turn out that the only response they have left is making fun of it....

I'd say it's pretty sad if people are so emotionally invested in the design direction of a video game that they need to rely on psychological coping mechanisms over it.

I'd say it's pretty sad if people are so emotionally invested in the design direction of a video game that they need to rely on psychological coping mechanisms over it.

Of course. It's completely different from people being upset because their favourite sports team lost the championship, or because their favourite soap opera has been cancelled, or any other more "socially" acceptable reason to be unhappy with some hobby...Face it. Video games are just one of many methods to relax and escape from RL, which for most of us probably is not as easy and pleasant all the time. People find something that works for them, get invested and emotionally attached. There is no reason to belittle them for something that is normal behaviour.

But just out of curiosity. Since you clearly are above that, why are you here, and why do you feel compelled to post in threads as this one? I'm genuinely curious now.

Of course. It's completely different from people being upset because their favourite sports team lost the championship, or because their favourite soap opera has been cancelled, or any other more "socially" acceptable reason to be unhappy with some hobby...
I'd say it's pretty sad if someone is so emotionally invested in their sports team or soap opera that they need a psychological coping mechanism in the context of a discussion about either of them, too. Enjoy them, be entertained by them, even get caught up in the emotion of them in the moment, sure. But needing a coping mechanism for a discussion about them after the fact???

Note: I am not complaining about the bingo card being made, as I said earlier in this thread I think it's amusing and would love to see Dulfy post it (filled out) as her recap article's image. I am simply questioning the idea that people are using it as a psychological coping mechanism because they are so 'upset' by a video game - as opposed to just finding it to be an amusing dig at the devs and enjoying it on those terms.

Face it. Video games are just one of many methods to relax and escape from RL, which for most of us probably is not as easy and pleasant all the time. People find something that works for them, get invested and emotionally attached. There is no reason to belittle them for something that is normal behaviour.

Relaxing and enjoying your hobbies is great, a bit of escapism is all well and good. Getting so emotionally attached that you need a psychological coping mechanism to deal with how upset you are about it is probably taking it a bit too far.

That sort of over-investment genuinely happens, and when it does, it's probably healthy for the person in that situation to take a step back and reassess.

But just out of curiosity. Since you clearly are above that, why are you here, and why do you feel compelled to post in threads as this one? I'm genuinely curious now.

I play SWTOR for the entertainment value. I post on the forums for entertainment and the occasionally interesting discussion. For example, I find discussions over "how invested is too invested", with respect to one's entertainment, to be an interesting topic.

Edited by DarthDymond

Relaxing and enjoying your hobbies is great, a bit of escapism is all well and good. Getting so emotionally attached that you need a psychological coping mechanism to deal with how upset you are about it is probably taking it a bit too far.

That sort of over-investment genuinely happens, and when it does, it's probably healthy for the person in that situation to take a step back and reassess.

I play SWTOR for the entertainment value. I post on the forums for entertainment and the occasionally interesting discussion. For example, I find discussions over "how invested is too invested", with respect to one's entertainment, to be an interesting topic.

Hmmm. I think you are a bit too hung up on "needing" a psychological coping mechanism. It happens automatically. It's how people are wired, or rather, their brains. It' snot a conscious decision, just a fallback routine. There are many such mechanisms, I don't see that one as worrisome per se.

I wouldn't presume to do define a hard limit for "too invested." You'd have to take into account the whole situation of any given player, their current state in life, interpersonal relations, work life, schedules, and so on. I will agree that yes, it can easily turn cross into a zone where it is detrimental overall, and some time out and reevaluation of priorities are needed. On the other hand, it can also be what keeps a given person who is under considerable stress going for a while longer, until hopefully the situation improves.

It's why I prefer to work with machines ;) - they are deterministic. There are no definite parameters for people that work for all of them at all times. The best you can do is approximate and use statistics and patterns ;)

no live stream would have been better than this pathetic attempt at damage control 2 cxp a gold mobs buff to uprising ...a joke

Yea, i think they need to bring back old gearing method and give end game access to prefered players, so friends can still play together.

:mad: