BIO Please give us a real option to boot afks

TrixxieTriss

CXP farmers are capping nodes and then standing next to it or hiding next to it and letting the other team cap. When you call them on it they just tell you to F off or lol or some other rubbish about being there for CXP.

Even if you try to boot them, they initiate combat and it cancels.

Warning to other pvpers. If you identify them, don't leave them to guard.

CXP farmers are capping nodes and then standing next to it or hiding next to it and letting the other team cap. When you call them on it they just tell you to F off or lol or some other rubbish about being there for CXP.

Warning to other pvpers. If you identify them, don't leave them to guard.

The problem with kicking people who initiate combat is the abuse it would suffer. Anyone who is inexperienced or just bad would routinely get kicked- not that bad players on your team aren't frustrating but you would also get a few special snowflake medal farmers and scoreboard chasers kicking people who routinely outperform them... can we just have the old PvP gear system back? I'm just afraid they'll nerf warzone CXP to stop the AFKs abusing warzones so we have to do other things.

Yeah, you cannot give these red-coolaid-filled nerds any power at all or theyd abuse the heck out of it.

I'd rather have to deal with PVErs and AFKers in PVP and have it earn the best CXP then have it earn the worst CXP and have to go PVE for CXP top earnage.

That is why you form up a dreaded "regstar eleet premadez" and nominate one of your 4 to guard each round while the other 3 melt mid. Guarding/stealth capping as deception sin is stupid fun right now, shouldnt be that hard to find willing candidates.

The problem with kicking people who initiate combat is the abuse it would suffer. Anyone who is inexperienced or just bad would routinely get kicked- not that bad players on your team aren't frustrating but you would also get a few special snowflake medal farmers and scoreboard chasers kicking people who routinely outperform them... can we just have the old PvP gear system back? I'm just afraid they'll nerf warzone CXP to stop the AFKs abusing warzones so we have to do other things.

Alas, you are correct, it would get abused. But there has to be some incentive for them to try or disencentive if they don't.

Its not a real problem if PvP-rs will not stop cr8ing this threads - BW will reduce CXP from PvP and u will lick ballz. And will gear up in PvE. They already forced manys to do PvP - its a big deal in this dead game.

Happy if they remove CXP completely from pvp and give us back the old system.

That is why you form up a dreaded "regstar eleet premadez" and nominate one of your 4 to guard each round while the other 3 melt mid. Guarding/stealth capping as deception sin is stupid fun right now, shouldnt be that hard to find willing candidates.

Regstars, lol, are just breakfast bars for my Mara/Sent

While I wish this could work, it would just end up being abused until removed. The first time a noobie player gets in the same rotation of matches with a decent premade and costs them a win or two, hes getting booted. PvP communities by nature are at least slightly toxic.

Feel free to not queue if it's such a problem- someone else will take the spot and the match will still happen.

Blame EA for making it the most efficient means of collecting command xp- less than 10 minutes of Huttball stupidity for 500 xp? Players would be stupid to not take advantage of it.

Besides, with all the QQ over mercenaries it seems like PVP is a joke anyway. Perhaps everyone should L2P?

Feel free to not queue if it's such a problem- someone else will take the spot and the match will still happen.

Blame EA for making it the most efficient means of collecting command xp- less than 10 minutes of Huttball stupidity for 500 xp? Players would be stupid to not take advantage of it.

Besides, with all the QQ over mercenaries it seems like PVP is a joke anyway. Perhaps everyone should L2P?

I hope you aren't one of those people who them PMs me to abuse me for leaving such afk matches

Just grabbed a bud and then another guy who did well in a warzone. We went on to win almost every warzone until we got tired of warzone. Warzone.

Just dont suck, gather a few other not sucks, and you can carry the afk easy.

I might be wrong, but i thought the afk plague is in ranked

If WoW will then swtor will. Simple. This game all about copy-paste.

But it's not... for example there is no catch up mechanics for CXP farming for non-main player characters/alts in SWTOR. Also there is no RNG boxes in dungeons/raids in WoW, and you can still get cool loot by doing quests and looting. :D

Half-baked clone maybe, but not a copy-paste. :p

Edited by Glower

But it's not... for example there is no catch up mechanics for CXP farming for non-main player characters/alts in SWTOR. Also there is no RNG boxes in dungeons/raids in WoW, and you can still get cool loot by doing quests and looting. :D

Half-baked clone maybe, but not a copy-paste. :p

You can get 860+ by doing dailies and other casual stuff. And swtor is RNG cancer, yes. They just copy 1 thing RNG boxes. And more highter u have iLvL - u can get highter random drop gear just winning in WoW BG-s.

Edited by helpmewin

I might be wrong, but i thought the afk plague is in ranked

Actually they haven't made it that far yet. Most are in regs. Best guesses are it's easier to hide out in the reg population than the ranked. They haven't hit Valor 25 yet. They are too scared to go into ranked for fear of the trolling and continuous abuse they would receive from most players in the game, wether they play pvp or not.

Stop rewarding loss, it's bad conditioning and teaches people that it's * ok if you don't put effort into something because others will pick up your slack, let them carry the burden*

Remove CXP awards for losses. Simple.

Many people will stop PVP but thats good because those are the ones we dont want in PVP. It will force those who enjoy PVP, the ones who want to be in that WZ, the ones who want to play, to try harder, to get better. I think it would improve the overall quality of matches.

Well then technically that person is not AFK. If they have to be sitting there and watching for a votekick initiation, they are not really away from their keyboard; rather they are just sitting there and collecting def points. :p

This is not that common in my experience thus far...we shall see.

Stop rewarding loss, it's bad conditioning and teaches people that it's * ok if you don't put effort into something because others will pick up your slack, let them carry the burden*

Many people will stop PVP but thats good because those are the ones we dont want in PVP. It will force those who enjoy PVP, the ones who want to be in that WZ, the ones who want to play, to try harder, to get better. I think it would improve the overall quality of matches.

How selfish... yeah lets punish losing side even more. Let's faceroll them with premades :rolleyes:

How selfish... yeah lets punish losing side even more. Let's faceroll them with premades :rolleyes:

Selfish?? Do you even know the meaning of the word? I can't guarantee myself a win in any match, i PUG!

yes absolutely lets punish losing side. No more rewards for a Loss. Make PVP competitive for those who wish to PVP and filter out these 2 bit hacks expecting to get carried every match and get rewarded for it.

I'm not a fan of slouches.

Selfish?? Do you even know the meaning of the word? I can't guarantee myself a win in any match, i PUG!

yes absolutely lets punish losing side. No more rewards for a Loss. Make PVP competitive for those who wish to PVP and filter out these 2 bit hacks expecting to get carried every match and get rewarded for it.

Damn are you talking about ranked or normals? :confused:

Edited by Glower

Or make them so small that it takes 50 losses to equal one win

Well then technically that person is not AFK. If they have to be sitting there and watching for a votekick initiation, they are not really away from their keyboard; rather they are just sitting there and collecting def points. :p

This is not that common in my experience thus far...we shall see.

A bot can do that ;)

It's not unprecedented, you lose rating points for losing ranked matches. But maybe a middle ground for regs could be achieved. I'm not sure what, how or at what ratio. A carrot and a stick approach usually works, especially if the carrot is big and the stick hurts like hell.