It's obvious guys.

Lithdox

Or course it's not true. Noone enjoys farming gold mobs for hours on end. Thankfully Bioware has made it so you don't have to farm gold mobs for hours on end!

Funny, by making em worth only 1 CXP, I had the opposite impression. Or are you referring to the other activities that we've been repeating for years on end and still don't feel rewarding because the RNG craps up the whole system?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, by making em worth only 1 CXP, I had the opposite impression. Or are you referring to the other activities that we've been repeating for years on end and still don't feel rewarding because the RNG craps up the whole system?

Wow really, you'd still do something you hate doing for 1 CXP each. I think you're missing the point of the GC system. And all that content that STILL isn't rewarding? Why did you do any of the unrewarding content in the first place?

Wow really, you'd still do something you hate doing for 1 CXP each. I think you're missing the point of the GC system. And all that content that STILL isn't rewarding? Why did you do any of the unrewarding content in the first place?

Nah, what's going on here is you missing my point entirely, but I expect nothing else from you. You make such strange assumptions that I have to accept that logic is not for you. The correct term for your style of reasoning is non sequitur.

I will give you a simple example. FP's have not been rewarding for a long time. Guess what I haven't been doing for a long time?

I am also fine with the GC system as such, just not how the rewards work.

Nah, what's going on here is you missing my point entirely, but I expect nothing else from you. You make such strange assumptions that I have to accept that logic is not for you. The correct term for your style of reasoning is non sequitur.

I will give you a simple example. FP's have not been rewarding for a long time. Guess what I haven't been doing for a long time?

I am also fine with the GC system as such, just not how the rewards work.

Well you should've clarified that the content you've been doing for years was at one point rewarding instead of complaining that they still aren't rewarding. One might think you're expecting that content that you've being doing for years to all of a suddenly become rewarding for the first time ever.

Well you should've clarified that the content you've been doing for years was at one point rewarding instead of complaining that they still aren't rewarding. One might think you're expecting that content that you've being doing for years to all of a suddenly become rewarding for the first time ever.

You would think that I guess.

Here's the thing. I played FP's for the first 2-3 years of the game. Then for the last 2 years I haven't because there was no point to them anymore.

So in fact there is content that I used to play that hasn't been rewarding for years now, but that I played for years before that.

If that's too difficult for you to conceive, well, then I guess I understand your confusion.

But let's get back to the actual point that GC although not bad as a system is simply ruined by the way rewards are distributed within that system. That is really the main complaint. It also has nothing to do with not wanting to put in effort but the sheer randomness and low drop rates of actual endgame gear.

If you don't get that this is upsetting to a good number of people, that's fine, but that's where it's at.

You would think that I guess.

Here's the thing. I played FP's for the first 2-3 years of the game. Then for the last 2 years I haven't because there was no point to them anymore.

So in fact there is content that I used to play that hasn't been rewarding for years now, but that I played for years before that.

If that's too difficult for you to conceive, well, then I guess I understand your confusion.

But let's get back to the actual point that GC although not bad as a system is simply ruined by the way rewards are distributed within that system. That is really the main complaint. It also has nothing to do with not wanting to put in effort but the sheer randomness and low drop rates of actual endgame gear.

If you don't get that this is upsetting to a good number of people, that's fine, but that's where it's at.

Ahh so finally you clarify your original post. I've got good news for you! GC makes those flashpoints rewarding again! So you can go back to playing them!

And as for the actual point, I thought this thread was about the direction Bioware is taking this game and not GC?

Ahh so finally you clarify your original post.

I didn't think it was needed, but for you apparently it was.

I've got good news for you! GC makes those flashpoints rewarding again! So you can go back to playing them!

No you don't have good news for me. As I stated the reward distribution is crap and therefore not rewarding. So this doesn't help at all as I already explained to you.

And as for the actual point, I thought this thread was about the direction Bioware is taking this game and not GC?

GC is a big part of this direction. You can't be that much of a moron to miss that connection, or can you?

I didn't think it was needed, but for you apparently it was.

I've already gone over why clarification was needed.

No you don't have good news for me. As I stated the reward distribution is crap and therefore not rewarding. So this doesn't help at all as I already explained to you.

Well since CXP is rewarded from everything in the game now, I guess there's no reward for doing anything anymore and you should just quit.

GC is a big part of this direction. You can't be that much of a moron to miss that connection, or can you?

The only connection I see is that GC is exposing the lack of patience of a good part of the playerbase.

I've already gone over why clarification was needed.

Yes, it was kind of sad.

Well since CXP is rewarded from everything in the game now, I guess there's no reward for doing anything anymore and you should just quit.

I did. I've stated many times already in this forum that my sub is cancelled. That was the logical consequence. I guess you missed that too.

The only connection I see is that GC is exposing the lack of patience of a good part of the playerbase.

Yeah, that's about what one would expect from one such as yourself.

And why is that? I dont raid. But i still unsub because i dont have anything NEW to do? Same content as last year. The Command System could have been way more fun if there were 2 new Daily-Planets, some Exploring and stuff like that ( Droid Recon, Glasses, Search Droid, ect.).

I unsubbed because I wasn't happy with the change. Additionally, I also want to take another look at the sub choices; I've been doing a clutch of six months.

I'm mostly in swtor for the stories, nothing else. I also enjoyed the heroics before the change. After a look at the system (and calming down after the flash panic); I can see it's not going to affect me in a big way, I can still equip mains and alts with crafting. That will enable them to deal with future expansion stories. I won't be doing any of the CXP grinding. Doing the stories repetitively is going to pale and stale, hence, the rethink on subbing. I won't be doing a clutch any more but going month by month.

Didn't you look forward to the next Star Wars movie after Ep. 7? THere's nothing wrong with wanting the next part of the story.

Just imagine that Episode 7 had a really cool first 15 mins. Then the movie has 4 short scenes that keep repeating over and over indefinitely because RNG determines how long they will be repeated.

So I'm leaving the movie early on hoping the next one will be better. That is rather sad when that's the situation and that's how 5.0 is to me.

I don't mind GC in itself, what I do wish was that some of the randomness was removed from it. Like giving out a guaranteed token or something so if unlucky you can choose after a while at least.

Just don't have it completely RNG like now

I'm a solo player and I'm leaving. For several reasons.

First, the quest design in the new expac - the timed Power Relays crap, that damn mouse droid. While playing I just realised that no one at BW actually plays this game. If they did, those types of quests would not be in the game.

Second, once done with the new expac I was like "now what"? I am not grinding for months in the hopes that some gear drops. And since the PVP is just - well BAD - there's nothing left except the story.

Third, no customer service at all. I remember, years ago, playing WOW and fell through the world. Opened a ticket. FIve mins later it was taken care of. This game, weeks go by before someone responds.

And finally, I play solo now. But I didn't always. I am the only one left in a guild that at one time had 130 players. And that's sad.

So I'm out too. I heard great things about BDO and the new WOW expac.. so probably check out both. And I got to finish updating me Skyrim mods from 32bit to 64 bit. :) Anyway see yawl later.

There are winners and losers in every game shift, and in this case the losers are the raiders.

I do feel bad for the people losing out in SW:TOR's new identity, and I support you voting with your wallet if the game no longer caters to you. Only time will tell whether this new game identity is sustainable in the long run.

But there are plenty of MMO that offers raiding, while SW:TOR is probably the only one of it's kind that focuses on single-player and the KOTOR style story.

The previous expansion was what got me hooked to the game, and made me look forward to this current expansion. And now I look forward to the next expansion.

I like this new identity, or the shift from MMO to online RPG. I feel like this is what SW:TOR should have been in 2011. Scattering story across numerous locations in a MMO wasn't a good implementation. You already see people just doing class missions because they are the only interesting missions worth doing.

Replaying older chapters at a higher difficulty is a nice touch. This is a much better marriage between a story RPG and a MMO.

I hope for more solo content like Star Fortress, or some form of content that you send your companions out on.

Actually people might also do the class missions because they are required for companions, ship, rewards in legacy, etc.

I found stories like the consular to be boring at best, ridiculous at worst (a couple of fights and suddenly I'm so special that you give me a title awarded TWICE in the history of the order? Really? What does the Knight get after fighting the Emperor-the much more common title of Master? Whoopee!).

BTW weren't you were one of the people that argued so vociferously against cross-server matching? Why if all you're interested in is solo story mode?

Actually people might also do the class missions because they are required for companions, ship, rewards in legacy, etc.

I found stories like the consular to be boring at best, ridiculous at worst (a couple of fights and suddenly I'm so special that you give me a title awarded TWICE in the history of the order? Really? What does the Knight get after fighting the Emperor-the much more common title of Master? Whoopee!).

BTW weren't you were one of the people that argued so vociferously against cross-server matching? Why if all you're interested in is solo story mode?

Stop trolling.