It's amazing how quiet the devs are now...the management staff is terrible.

Kurfer

So what they should do, instead of fixing things that were actually broken or build on what does work, is commence with complete game system overhauls that no one asked for because that's what the magic 8-ball told them to go all in on this quarter?

Feel free to search back through the forum's history for all those threads begging for this game to become a Korean grind mmo nightmare.

So what they should do, instead of fixing things that were actually broken or build on what does work, is commence with complete game system overhauls that no one asked for because that's what the magic 8-ball told them to go all in on this quarter?

Feel free to search back through the forum's history for all those threads begging for this game to become a Korean grind mmo nightmare.

You put way too much emphasis on what the forumbase wants. Consider the possibility that what the forumbase wants, isn't what Bioware wants.

It's amazing to me how much like clockwork these things work...

New game ..."This game is doomed!! I'm unsubbing!"

Same person: New expansion..."This game is doomed, just like last year!! I'm unsubbing!"

Same person: New expansion..."This game is doomed!! I'm unsubbing!! I really mean it this time!"

Same person: New expansion..."I told you this game is doomed!! I'm unsubbing!!"

Same person: New epxansion..."It's REALLY doomed this time!! I'm unsubbing!!!"

All while in game filling fleet chat with cancerous screeds about how they're leaving the game. "No, this time I really mean it!" ... Cut to a day later ... "I'm still here, but this game sucks, I'm giving away all my stuff and unsubbing right now!!" ... Cut to maybe two or three days later, there's the same choad, going on and on and on...

Who's displaying the real insanity every single year?

What strikes me as interesting is that in their livestreams, they're usually very animated and (sometimes) answer quite a lot of questions.

On the forums, they rarely answer questions and they are very guarded about giving out any kind of information about anything.

From what I can surmise, they say less on the forums because:

1) The words are in writing, so it's easier to quote BS back to them if they say something stupid.

2) It would seem that when they are on a livestream, someone higher up is watching, ready to correct them if they **** up. And if this is the case, it's worth noting that it's harder to stop BS coming out on a livestream than it is to stop forum posts (if they have to be approved first). In fact, depending on how restrictive they are about it, there may be posts Eric or Tait have written that never got approved and thus were never posted.

What strikes me as interesting is that in their livestreams, they're usually very animated and (sometimes) answer quite a lot of questions.

On the forums, they rarely answer questions and they are very guarded about giving out any kind of information about anything.

From what I can surmise, they say less on the forums because:

1) The words are in writing, so it's easier to quote BS back to them if they say something stupid.

2) It would seem that when they are on a livestream, someone higher up is watching, ready to correct them if they **** up. And if this is the case, it's worth noting that it's harder to stop BS coming out on a livestream than it is to stop forum posts (if they have to be approved first). In fact, depending on how restrictive they are about it, there may be posts Eric or Tait have written that never got approved and thus were never posted.

Or maybe the way they "act" in livestreams is how they genuinely are, and they know posting anything on the forums will inevitably, without fail, kick up a storm.

Edited by Swtorevolution

^^ this who the hell asked for a system like this?

It's amazing to me how much like clockwork these things work...

New game ..."This game is doomed!! I'm unsubbing!"

Same person: New expansion..."This game is doomed, just like last year!! I'm unsubbing!"

Same person: New expansion..."This game is doomed!! I'm unsubbing!! I really mean it this time!"

Same person: New expansion..."I told you this game is doomed!! I'm unsubbing!!"

Same person: New epxansion..."It's REALLY doomed this time!! I'm unsubbing!!!"

All while in game filling fleet chat with cancerous screeds about how they're leaving the game. "No, this time I really mean it!" ... Cut to a day later ... "I'm still here, but this game sucks, I'm giving away all my stuff and unsubbing right now!!" ... Cut to maybe two or three days later, there's the same choad, going on and on and on...

Who's displaying the real insanity every single year?

In case you haven't noticed, the population hasn't exactly been doing well in the long-term. Though there are chronic unsubbers, there are plenty more who say they will unsub and then they do and you never hear from them again. And many more than that who never announce it... they just leave. Just because you hear the same thing more than once doesn't mean it's all the same people.

Incidentally, there's another kind of clockwork. People who come out of the woodwork when mass complaining is happening to say phrases like, "It's not as bad as people are making it out to be," and, "People who complain never leave, they just keep coming back." Both are statements that have kernels of truth, but are mostly delusional. Whether it's as bad as people are making it out to be is irrelevant, as what matters is how people feel about it and whether people want to keep playing the game or not. And for the other statement, see the above paragraph.

Or maybe the way they "act" in livestreams is how they genuinely are, and they know posting anything on the forums will inevitably, without fail, kick up a storm.

Plenty they say on livestreams does kick up a storm. It's just harder to make it stick, since it's not in writing with their names attached, and it's received from real bodies and faces, so it's easier to humanize the people saying it.

Oh and your supposition is false. When they post things on the forums that is good news or an announcement for something people want, it's usually well-received. When they post something that is bad news, or an announcement for something people don't want, there's generally a negative response.

Part of the problem, however, is that silence can also be seen as bad news, especially if there is an existing feature that is disliked. And it's arguably no better to stay silent when the hate is flowing than it is to say something, as people just assume the worst with silence... they assume that their concerns are being brushed into a waste receptacle with a broom. Simply saying that concerns are noted can be misinterpreted as a promise to do something, but it's also a way to sooth people a little and make them feel like they are being heard.

Well I for one never said I was unsubbing, as mentioned I love this game but even on Harb server it sucks not having a large pool of players to enjoy casual queuing. Calling all my IRL friends away from other games gets harder and harder as the general opinion of the game is negative.

I just want to play it and have meaningful end game content. The new system really sucks, not enough to make me quit but enough to make other people that don't feel as strongly as I do to stay. Playing in an empty sandbox sucks. Getting comfortable with guilds only to have to restart and find a new one due to population collapse gets really damn old.

Plenty they say on livestreams does kick up a storm. It's just harder to make it stick, since it's not in writing with their names attached, and it's received from real bodies and faces, so it's easier to humanize the people saying it.

Oh and your supposition is false. When they post things on the forums that is good news or an announcement for something people want, it's usually well-received. When they post something that is bad news, or an announcement for something people don't want, there's generally a negative response.

Part of the problem, however, is that silence can also be seen as bad news, especially if there is an existing feature that is disliked. And it's arguably no better to stay silent when the hate is flowing than it is to say something, as people just assume the worst with silence... they assume that their concerns are being brushed into a waste receptacle with a broom. Simply saying that concerns are noted can be misinterpreted as a promise to do something, but it's also a way to sooth people a little and make them feel like they are being heard.

So the only way Bioware can avoid any fallout is to post good news, and posting nothing is better than posting bad news.

The whole reason I am upset with the direction is because of what will happen in 3-6 weeks post launch. With this current system, I can't see people who don't LOVE this game staying.

Why does that affect me?

If you think the grind is bad now, just wait until you queue up for uprisings to grind your CXP and have to wait 20 mins just for one to pop. That will entail and whole new level of suck. It WILL happen, if you think it wont then you have not been paying attention since launch. The ops finder tool was practically useless and queue times for HM flashpoints as a DPS were terrible.

Not to be ‘that person’, but is it really all that difficult to simply post ‘We’re reading the forums and are aware of the current bugs discussed and issues regarding 5.0.’ It’s not everything, but it’s something. Right now people are shouting at an unresponsive brick wall, and all it’s doing is making them even angrier.

I understand that there may be some delay as they discuss the GC, but there’s also real game breaking bugs that makes the game impossible to play – or the enjoyment factor suffers from it. This, requires attention – at least some sort of acknowledgement - that they know they do exist and will be sorted.

The whole reason I am upset with the direction is because of what will happen in 3-6 weeks post launch. With this current system, I can't see people who don't LOVE this game staying.

Why does that affect me?

If you think the grind is bad now, just wait until you queue up for uprisings to grind your CXP and have to wait 20 mins just for one to pop. That will entail and whole new level of suck. It WILL happen, if you think it wont then you have not been paying attention since launch. The ops finder tool was practically useless and queue times for HM flashpoints as a DPS were terrible.

it allready shows. nobody uses gf for higher dificulty content anymore. You either have an active guild or you're screwed. Also i woudn't mind grinding my gear as usual doing ops, although like allready said... we desperatly need some new ones. Keep galatic comand as another way to get cosmetic gear, but never raiding gear imho.

So the only way Bioware can avoid any fallout is to post good news, and posting nothing is better than posting bad news.

No, not really. That's oversimplifying.

Posting nothing has advantages and disadvantages, as does posting something, even if it's just to acknowledgement that there are concerns without a promise.

And with a lot of statements, there is no predicting what the reaction will be. It comes down to whether people will like what's being changed, added, etc., which can only be parsed out by telling people and seeing what they say.

BW management clearly believes that the disadvantages of acknowledging peoples' concerns without a promise of addressing them outweigh the positives. Whether they are right on that point is up for debate, but it's clearly the stance they have taken. I only ever see them acknowledging a concern if they are saying along with it, "This is something we're going to try to address."

Generally speaking, the only guaranteed positive reaction is when they are able to share something like a bug fix, or a much asked for feature.