Dev Arrogance Vs Player Feedback

ScottishDrunk

I use to do the samething you are doing now, it's almost like we read the same book on how to troll for dummies. That to is another atypical response. I know the routine, the ole back and forth; congratz you got me to bite. Now, when all is said and done, and you got your chuckles out of this, "look at the fools taking the bait", you will just be another village idiot.

Thomas Edison was considered a village idiot too.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've given the benefit of the doubt. We've played your New Game Experience (some people will get that..)

And we don't like it.

At all.

We don't like how slow it is

We don't like how random it is

We don't like the crap that drops

We don't like that is not legacy

We don't like it at all

What is all this WE....

Speak for your self and only for your self. Not everybody feels the way you do, so DO NOT speak for me.

I have my own opinions likes and dislikes and I will ask you to NOT speak for me and every other player.

This is YOUR opinion and ONLY YOUR opinion keep it that way....

what is all this we....

Speak for your self and only for your self. Not everybody feels the way you do, so do not speak for me.

I have my own opinions likes and dislikes and i will ask you to not speak for me and every other player.

This is your opinion and only your opinion keep it that way....

caps lock!!!!

What is all this WE....

Speak for your self and only for your self. Not everybody feels the way you do, so DO NOT speak for me.

I have my own opinions likes and dislikes and I will ask you to NOT speak for me and every other player.

"We" =/= "everyone". It means the people who agree with him. If just one other person agrees with him, "we" is appropriate. Is this your first day conversing in English online? He doesn't need to qualify the statement so that you don't think he's including you. Read the context and try to infer logically. I can safely say very few people rationally consider what your opinion on anything might be before voicing their own -and frankly, that probably includes you.

Edited by Nothing_Shines

What is all this WE....

we means he is speaking for more than one person, which he is. I does not mean he is speaking for all people, which he isnt. Everything does not revolve around you, no matter what your mommy told you. Go back to school if you fail to understand the proper usage of the term "we".

ps: he might have a tapeworm, or be pregnant, in which case he is multiple entities in the same body. Or he might be royalty, in which case he is using the royal we.

we means he is speaking for more than one person, which he is. I does not mean he is speaking for all people, which he isnt. Everything does not revolve around you, no matter what your mommy told you. Go back to school if you fail to understand the proper usage of the term "we".

ps: he might have a tapeworm, or be pregnant, in which case he is multiple entities in the same body. Or he might be royalty, in which case he is using the royal we.

The OP should clarify just who "We" is then. Because without a qualifier, anyone who read the OP just might interpret the word "We" to include the reader as well.

You know you are on the right track when someone comes in ranting that you can't use we in any post cause you don't speak for them and because they could possibly be included in that subset and they don't agree so your wrong.

I felt so stupid the other day when I said we were going to the pub to someone, and clearly I didn't mean everyone in the entire world was going to the pub. I just meant me and my friends but I should have been more specific and named them. Or maybe its an acceptable use of the word and people should stop getting on their high horse (though at this point its been so ground down its more like a pony) and ranting that cause they don't agree no one should ever use the word we. Don't you think that if the community team read the forums they would know that it doesn't included everyone who has ever lived or will live but just a general feeling from multiple posts on the forum.

I mean compared to the revenue from 2010 until now. Are you sure its lower this year then last year and so forth?

Sorry, mis-stated on the overall, I meant on the sub businesses. Overall is fine with trailing 12 months at $4.5 billion vs. $4.3 billion the year prior. However, when you dig into the details you'll see most of the gains are coming from Full Product Downloads (+15%), DLC (+13%), and Mobile (+21%). The categories SWTOR is in are in decline.

Further delving into the financials shows a massive swing in online games - 733 million in Q3 to (384) million [yes, that is a negative the next quarter] and on platforms, EA is showing 55% growth on consoles, 20% growth on mobile, and 14% DECLINE on PC/Browser.

Knowing the above, if you were in senior management at EA, where would you be putting your future bets?

Of course consoles and mobiles and DLC but its our fault for this we do not buy enough pc games to be worth it. That is what they do, they not care about our feedback we do not give enough money to them and when they cared about our feedback we still did not buy enough of their games. So this is why they do not listen to us we are just not giving the money. Do you get my point?

Their damn if they do and damned if they do not.

Edited by adormitul

They don't care about the "player feedback" people post on these forums because it's useless.

Every time they make some change to the game, there are countless threads of people complaining, people crying, people threatening to unsubscribe, "goodbye threads" from people who claim they are leaving, threads accusing Bioware of not listening to the players, threads claiming the game is dead, etc.

Hell, even when they announced the DvL event, which was an event made to GIVE US FREE STUFF, there were plenty of people whining and threatening to unsubscribe. BECAUSE THEY WERE BEING OFFERED FREE STUFF!

If there's a constant in this game, is that people on these forums will find a reason to complain, no matter what.

The day they announce some change and there's no major outrage here, the game will truly be dead :D

I'm not crazy about some of the changes they made on 5.0 either, and I'm not saying the game is perfect or that there are no legit complaints. But I really can't blame Bioware for not giving a damn about the crap people post on these forums. At this point, it's nothing more than noise.

If I were a dev, I would be monitoring the game and collecting some real, meaningful data I could work with, instead of wasting my time with "feedback" from here. And I wouldn't be surprised if the negativity here on the forums didn't translate to the actual behaviour of the players in game.

Grinding takes no effort huh. That's why every one is quitting right because grinding GCXP is too easy.

Content-seeking players, you mean raid seeking players. Raids which have never been the focus of this game ever.

So mindlessly grinding old content is new content to you? Ignorant.

The main thing that is making me seriosly considering stoping subscribing for good, is that the engine is broken since day 1. It's not just lag-wide server, you guys probably understand by now there is something fundamentaly wrong with this, and im about to quit my hopes. You can't even fix bugs that have been reported dozens of times, and yes i understand this is a mmo and your team is probably understaffed for the amount of content you are trying to put out (which let's face it it's not much besides the story is it? i love it dearly and i hope it so continues but how long has it been since we have 1 new ops ?), but all this and more points i can think of, doesn't change the fact you are ignoring the elephant in the room. And you do need to take a step backwards bioware. You are trying to atract more players to swtor, and in doing so ignoring the old ones, and you don't have a solid gameplay experience to deliver. Yes bugs happen and you can always patch it but by now i'm starting to think that even 12,99 is too much to pay for this.

The secondary thing, it's the cartel market. For the love of god, allow us to use the new-awesome-love-this-button >desintegrate< to get rid of all the crap acumulated from wasting money on your russian rollete packs (btw, i hate the fact NOW this is how you get your end-game gear sets. keep the cosmetics, give us back our token vendors with new awesome looking sets PLEASE), for one main reason..... i can't sell any of the crap, i can't trade any of the crap, i even try to use crap but i also like nice things.

also, if you think about it, it's only a fair use of my money. Use it to fill my shiny new yellow comand bar!

This was probably my last imput here. I'll be waiting on the next cinematic that will hype the crap out of me, and when you release it you will get one more subscription. I seriosly hope, for the last time, some1 is actualy paying attention.

When the changes to the system in 5.0 were announced, the feedback was universally terrible.

Virtually no one wanted the gearing changes other than the devs.

With the exception of gear changing from advanced class to discipline, the feedback was ignored.

Now the system is live, its playing out exactly as people predicted it would.

No one likes it.

Its too much of a grind for too little reward.

Long term players are considering wether they'll continue to play (I've been here since beta for instance)

The story and chapters have been well received, but after that.... nothing.

So why have the Devs pushed and pushed to get the game they want to play, not the game their players want?

We've given the benefit of the doubt. We've played your New Game Experience (some people will get that..)

And we don't like it.

At all.

We don't like how slow it is

We don't like how random it is

We don't like the crap that drops

We don't like that is not legacy

We don't like it at all

I won't make the old SWG comparison (again) but instead a positive one.

Look at the history of Marvel Heroes.

When that launched, it got slated.

The Devs listened to the player base and completely reworked it to what their players wanted. Now its rated as one of the best games of it genre.

All because they took player feedback and acted on it, instead of wiping their arse with it and saying "it's my game and I'll do what I want"

So what's your next move guys?

Continue to ram what you want down our throats with complete disregard to what we want?

Or will you listen and get rid of this terrible system?

This is our game, not yours

As a 30 year software engineer I can tell you all it takes is one "DESIGN BULLY" to push a bad change on customers. Just one person with a bad idea that won't let it go.

Without the DESIGN BULLY, in a normal, healthy team, other voices kill off bad ideas.

Of course consoles and mobiles and DLC but its our fault for this we do not buy enough pc games to be worth it. That is what they do, they not care about our feedback we do not give enough money to them and when they cared about our feedback we still did not buy enough of their games. So this is why they do not listen to us we are just not giving the money. Do you get my point?

Their damn if they do and damned if they do not.

I get your point but I am going to be frank about something here. When this game launched, EA had designs for it to be a serious competitor to WoW - which was a realistic assessment given the strength of the IP. I also think a lot of experienced MMO players could see the potential that in the game.

However, the game has never had - since the pre-launch days - the right people making the decisions. This game is now a shell of what it could have been and, I fear, the 5.0 CxP system is putting the final nail in the coffin like many were warning them it would. I mean, to have had an end gear RNG system introduced twice in the game and had massive fall out both times to even think that this was considered at all in the design stages in either complete arrogance or incompetence (I would place my bet on the former).

Either way, it is having the effect that was expected. What wasn't expected pre-launch to post-launch was just how they could take something that was feared to be bad and make it even worse than the staunchest skeptics think it could be.

When you make an announcement about a change and paying customers go in an massive negative uproar about it, when industry news sites were commenting how bad a change it was, and when your most dedicated fansites are critical about how bad it is, common sense should have told you that maybe you should hold off on doing it. But BW believes that, as one well-known fan put it, "they ignore the feedback and are just going to set fire to it and fix it later" (slightly paraphrased). Problem is, once you set fire and people move on, you get very, very few of them back. If it wasn't the case we would still have 140 servers with heavy loads like we did at launch. Not 16 servers that barely ever leave light loads and when they hit standard load it is a good day.

Edited by Wayshuba

I get your point but I am going to be frank about something here. When this game launched, EA had designs for it to be a serious competitor to WoW - which was a realistic assessment given the strength of the IP. I also think a lot of experienced MMO players could see the potential that in the game.

However, the game has never had - since the pre-launch days - the right people making the decisions. This game is now a shell of what it could have been and, I fear, the 5.0 CxP system is putting the final nail in the coffin like many were warning them it would. I mean, to have had an end gear RNG system introduced twice in the game and had massive fall out both times to even think that this was considered at all in the design stages in either complete arrogance or incompetence (I would place my bet on the former).

Either way, it is having the effect that was expected. What wasn't expected pre-launch to post-launch was just how they could take something that was feared to be bad and make it even worse than the staunchest skeptics think it could be.

When you make an announcement about a change and paying customers go in an massive negative uproar about it, when industry news sites were commenting how bad a change it was, and when your most dedicated fansites are critical about how bad it is, common sense should have told you that maybe you should hold off on doing it. But BW believes that, as one well-known fan put it, "they ignore the feedback and are just going to set fire to it and fix it later" (slightly paraphrased). Problem is, once you set fire and people move on, you get very, very few of them back. If it wasn't the case we would still have 140 servers with heavy loads like we did at launch. Not 16 servers that barely ever leave light loads and when they hit standard load it is a good day.

Turns out story-based MMO's don't have the appeal of straight WoW clones. Oh well, better luck next time EA.

Wow, seen some fair points on both sides. A whole lot of straw-man arguments and ad-hominen. Someone disagree, troll, someone likes something "he's white knighting."

Personally I liked the expansion. Not the class changes for the most part, not the gear changes either. I can see why some people like the changes, I can see why some people hate the changes. I live in a world were nuance is a thing. Not going to solve this argument, nor going to try. Hell I don't even want to change anyone's mind, and I know none of you care about some internet stranger's opinion, so all that being said...

Highsteel, he wasn't trolling you, he just made a point. I am not trolling you, people with different opinions are not automatically trolls, nor does insulting people prove your point. By all means hate anyone you want, that's just a point of fact... don't care what you do with.

As for the changes, well I hope the player base communicates them to the devs in a constructive manner. If they get coordinated and make their points well, and they have enough support, motivated self-interest will make those changes happen whether with bioware or the (E)vil (A)mpire. They want people to play the game, they want people to spend money.

Now, since I started playing this game (missed founder title by like a week) it has changed a loit. Every time it has changed I've heard people say NOW is the death of the game. Maybe it is now, I hope not, but whatever will be will be. Still, while I came into this thread sympathetic to the complains, personally all this thread has accomplished is to put me on the side of the developers when before I was kind of upset them, but when I see the sort of complaints they gotta deal with.... I understand why they are not as responsive to the player base.

Well have fun strangers, all of you keep smiling or hating, whatever works for you. Cheers.