Update 5.0 & 5.0a, Screen Artifacts bug

Benekhar

odd in fullscreen (window) i cant get them, if vsynch is enabled when you switch to fullscreen (window) it still holds fps at 60 maybe this is contributing ?

reference stutter on the 1080 go to the nvidia control panel and find or create a profile for swtor.exe and set pre-rendered frames to 1

Yes, it holds 60 in fullscreen windowed if the vsync is on, the game runs better this way for me. I can only turn vsync on/off in fullscreen mode first.

I always run the game with max pre-rendered frames 1 and power management in maximum performance. Turned them off when I was trying to fix the artifacts on my end but didn't make any difference.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello? This is getting ridiculous. The newest patch which they are applying today doesn't even mention correction of the graphical glitches and artifacts. I have them over three different systems at home, 2 gaming desktops with 1070 and 1080 nvidia and a laptop with 880m nvidia.

This is insulting to say the least.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a very annoying bug and apparently is around for quite some time. The same happens with the flickering shadows bug as well. Maybe they are related?

I get the feeling we'll be stuck with them... Either way my subscription will not be renewed until they fix it.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
This also started happening to me (I tested Intel HD4000, HD6850, R9 280x and GTX 1080 - all of them exhibit this problem on my system). I traced it back to "Enhanced shadows" option - I get such artefacts only with Enhanced shadows OFF. The problem obviously is that enabling this option slows things down quite a lot. You can test enabling this and checking if that's also the case for you. BTW, the best planet to test that is Voss. Edited by unK_