The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

5.0 Misconceptions

stridemachine

Where do mats come from for top end crafted good though? Operations isn't it? Catch 22 possibly? What are crafted good selling for? Is it affordable? Just saying "buy crafted goods" doesn't make it a viable option what so ever.

I agree.

My prediction is:

3 months from now, after enough players have learned the schematics to reduce the "early bird monopoly pricing", the cost on Harbinger for the gear will be ~100 million credits for a set of tier 1 (230 rating), and ~250 million credits for a set of tier 3 (236 rating).

Crafted gear is the solution

well, it may be for some people, but not all of us have the necessary millions to buy mats / gear from the GTN cause not all of us have the time to go and farm dailies / heroics all day.

Sorry I'm a little slow....how does any of that refute the validity of crafted gear? Are you saying you need BIS gear to do NIM? Because according to Musco you can craft up to jusr 2 ilevel below the top rated gear:

SET BONUS is the difference, not the ilvl of the gear itself. you can't craft set bonus obviously, so even if the crafted gear is just a few stat points worse, the set bonus does a world of different for some classes. And as hard as it is to believe, some classes do indeed REQUIRE their SB to function on a lvl that will let them be a fully contributing member of a nim team and not a +1 body to be carried

Edited by Hichitsuki-hime

Worth remembering as well that you don't have to win the PvP warzone to get the points you just have to stand in the corner and touch yourself.

Where as all PvE content requires you to beat the content. In fact if you get in a group of like minded people in PvP you can let the otherside win to get the match completed even quicker and get back to queuing again, and guess what those people you just let win will be more than happy to oblige in continuing to queue against you. If your doing Star Fighters and suicide enough on some matches you may be able to end the entire thing by yourself in 5 minutes regardless of what the rest of your team are doing.

As for the crafting that requires tier 2 materials for tier 1 gear. I know go figure which according to the tool tip (possibly wrongly) this is hard mode flashpoints which can take an hour or so to complete for 1 and they often require two. So crafting isn't as simple as it might have first seemed.

To get full cxp in a WZ you need to get medals. If you sit in a corner and do nothing you get 20cxp.

Worth remembering as well that you don't have to win the PvP warzone to get the points you just have to stand in the corner and touch yourself.

If your doing Star Fighters and suicide enough on some matches you may be able to end the entire thing by yourself in 5 minutes regardless of what the rest of your team are doing.

As for the crafting that requires tier 2 materials for tier 1 gear. I know go figure which according to the tool tip (possibly wrongly) this is hard mode flashpoints which can take an hour or so to complete for 1 and they often require two. So crafting isn't as simple as it might have first seemed.

Do that in PvP or Warzones & get called out. Its disrespecting other people trying to enjoy the match by winning it.

The Refined Isotopes tooltip does say Hard Modes, but I did get 2 from a normal Mando Raiders the other night. Maybe thats a bug, so take advantage while you can.

Haha, haha, haha. Have you seen what the mats are required for those 222 non-set gear? Each piece requires 2 void matter catalysts (the new tier 2 dark matter catalysts and 8 tier 2 isotopes in addition to a slew of other materials. VMC only drop from end bosses in an Op!.

Update on this: those mats also drop from the weekly pvp crate. I imagine there are more sources out there as well.