Who else hates Lance?

Kyliin

trying too hard to seperate master strike/ravage so ur still anchored down to spending 3 seconds (or 2 gcd) to get full channelled damage in a sense.

It's just unnecessary.

the fact its on combat is insulting

It barely has any synergy aside from sunder. And sunder is a joke on a spec that already has 100% armor pen. tools

No opportune attack synergy, no zen synergy, no crit damage synergy and its cost is pretty silly for its little value

I don't know why but they're afraid of making it stronger than clashing blast, and they dont want it stronger in value either.

The hinder is bad. I don't know why anybody would care about a 1.5 second hinder, when ranged classes can get over 3x the duration on any other slow that is much bigger in value. and against raid bosses/world bosses this will never do anything impactful

For a melee, its pretty depressing.

I haven't been this sad since we lost deadly/crippling throw

Edited by Bonzenaattori

trying too hard to seperate master strike/ravage so ur still anchored down to spending 3 seconds (or 2 gcd) to get full channelled damage in a sense.

It's just unnecessary.

the fact its on combat is insulting

It barely has any synergy aside from sunder. And sunder is a joke on a spec that already has 100% armor pen. tools

No opportune attack synergy, no zen synergy, no crit damage synergy and its cost is pretty silly for its little value

I don't know why but they're afraid of making it stronger than clashing blast, and they dont want it stronger in value either.

The hinder is bad. I don't know why anybody would care about a 1.5 second hinder, when ranged classes can get over 3x the duration on any other slow that is much bigger in value. and against raid bosses/world bosses this will never do anything impactful

For a melee, its pretty depressing.

I haven't been this sad since we lost deadly/crippling throw

You explained all my concerns and problems with this ability beautifully. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

i don't know why people hate it i use it all the time because it it feels like the old release days again for my combat its an extra attack and it hits fairly hard and its great for finishing off people at low health when you have them stunned

at least to me i love it

The hinder effect fits the spec, but it should be at least three seconds I think.

Yes, I agree. How many times have us, sentinels, been in a situation where operatives just roll away at under 10% health just as we were about to deal final blow? This is actually the spell we really need... However, as you pointed out the 1,5 sec duration is very limiting.

I did think about it. Trying to figure out whether 2 or more seconds would be too long (considering it has like 11 seconds CD so the downtime would be actually pretty darn small). Anything more than 3 seconds is just too strong in my opinion considering the downtime. 3 seconds, I think, is the best solution (and potentially adding some set bonus/ataru synergy - to justify its cost)